Most helpful critical review
17 of 20 people found the following review helpful
Not up to 'office standard'
on August 28, 2013
I decided to buy this ViewSonic monitor because of the brand's good reputation, because I wanted something 'bigger' and because the price appeared to be right. Six weeks later, I am coming back to my four year old, smaller but superior in every other aspect HP W2207H 22-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor. I regret my purchase and I will explain why.
Let me start with the 'good' features:
- it's large
- it's bright
- supports DVI (but not HDMI)
- price is low for a monitor this big
- watching movies in full HD looks good
And here is why I am getting back to my old monitor:
- the optimal viewing angle appears to be very, very narrow with colors fading away, or shifting once you move up/down or left/right
- the picture appears to be a little fuzzy even when positioned right in front of the screen
- it came with 2 'bad' pixels that show up as a bright blue on dark/black backgrounds and this is very annoying
- there is some very limited tilt but it's impossible to lower or lift the monitor higher
I did not return the monitor because I can still use it attached to an old laptop that does nothing but play videos but I would not recommend it as an 'office' monitor.
NOTE: By 'office standard' I mean a monitor that I can comfortably use for 8 hours at a time.