Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready Monitor with 1680x1050 Resolution and Stereo Speakers - Black
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 1, 2011
I bought 3 of these to use with NVIDIA Surround. They work great and the fluidity in BC2 at ~90fps is a huge step up from my old 60hz display. I know they don't contain magical IPS panels but you're buying a 120hz display for games, and it performs extremely well in that scenario.

My only gripe is with ViewSonic. As I said, I ordered 3 of these. One of them was missing the "ViewSonic" logo on the front of the display - there were just three holes where the logo should have been, so I called ViewSonic to see if they could do anything about it. The person on the phone said they don't stock the small logo piece (understandable I guess), but I was told that I could fill out some paperwork for an advanced RMA and they would replace the whole unit. I filled out the paperwork like they said and e-mailed it back. A few days later I get an e-mail saying they wouldn't do anything about it after all and that I would need to contact Amazon.

E-mailed Amazon and they had a replacement out to me in a couple days. I'm constantly amazed by Amazon's customer service - kudos to Amazon for being willing to fix ViewSonic's mistake for them.

To ViewSonic's credit though, I've had 4 of these now and not one has had a single dead pixel. The backlighting is pretty even on all of them too.
on May 13, 2011
I moved on to this monitor from my starter monitor, a 20-inch LG with an LED backlight that I thought was pretty slick. Now that I have that monitor running as a secondary monitor (at 1600x900 60Hz) next to the ViewSonic at its native res. and refresh, I can see a clear difference. No matter what I do to the LG, I can't make the colors look as good as the new monitor.

When I fired up BC2 for multiplayer (with no vsync) I felt a step ahead of other players - or at least on par, seeing as I am a 30-year-old noob. Even my foolish deaths in hardcore mode made more sense. (So THAT'S where the sniper is!) I couldn't believe how much my 60hz monitor was holding my SLI GTX 460's back. There was a bit of a hiccup when the game tried to take control of my secondary monitor. After hitting alt-enter and playing in windowed mode for a while, I tried again, and it seemed to play as planned with monitoring software on the extended desktop and full-screen on the 1 monitor.

Out of the box settings were adequate, but I adjusted my settings to contrast 50, blue 100, red 91, and green 85, so a bit of tweaking does pay off. Adjustments were not very intuitive, even by OSD standards, but I got the hang of it without much delay. It is pretty bright out of the box, but during the day I didn't mind this. At night, I turned it down a bit. Other resolutions and rates don't look so hot, but I didn't buy this to play at them.

I'd rate the build quality and ergonomics average. No dead pixels. The height is fine, and I didn't pay for a height-adjustable monitor. The bezel and stand are glossy, but the screen has a matte finish, which is fine for me. The stand was not as flimsy as I had guessed from the pictures and tilting felt about average (i.e. like you're going to break it). I would have gladly traded useless speakers for better "handling" It came with all the cords I needed and then some. Not sure who would by this and use the d-sub connection.

When I made the decision to buy, I was considering a full 1080p 120Hz monitor for more "future-proofing" and worried that this monitor would age quickly, but now that the price is down significantly and the resolution is still relatively high, I'm glad I didn't spend the extra hundred dollars. I can put that toward 3d glasses in the future maybe. I do not regret this purchase one bit...for now.
on November 3, 2010
I bought this monitor to play fps games competitively on the pc. The monitor is very nice and works at 120hz right out of the box, no need for drivers. The monitor is very good for gaming especially if you are someone who needs 120hz to get your game to feel completely smooth. This 120hz lcd feels as good as my 120hz crt that it replaced. The monitor can be a bit bright and the stand is a bit wobbly. However, if you have a sturdy desk the wobbliness should not be a problem. You can also adjust the brightness in game and on the monitor to tweak it so that it is not so bright. Although the monitor might be on the bright side, it allows you to see people easier in call of duty, battlefield, and even quakelive. It allows me to easier see dark areas that I sometimes had trouble seeing with my old 120hz crt. I have used the monitor on numerous games and it has worked flawlessly on all of them. It helped improve my visibility in call of duty 4, and bc2 with its great crisp colors and brightness. The monitor is even perfect for twitch shooters with its fast response time and 120hz. It has zero input lag and will only help you improve your aim in FPS games. The monitor is also beautiful on SC2. It allows you to get a very wide view of the battlefield allowing you to micro better.

I would recommend this monitor to anyone who is looking to get a new monitor for gaming. One of my real life friends also purchased this monitor and he seems to love it more than I do. The monitor came with zero dead pixels for both him and I and worked at 120hz straight out of the box for both of us (no drivers needed). However, we both noticed that the monitor was very bright. Sometimes the brightness can make text look strange in microsoft word or a PDF. However, you will get used to it after you use it for a little while.

If you have an ATI card beware that some of the cards do not support 120hz. This monitor without the 120hz runs like crap and looks like crap. I would advise that you buy a different monitor if you are not going to use it at 120hz.

I would also recommend that you buy this monitor over other 120hz lcd monitors that support 1920x1080 resolution due to the fact that the 1080p resolution is not that great for gaming. 1680x1050 is the way to go if you are into FPS games. I have a 1080p lcd monitor and it is not as smooth as this monitor and it makes the games look too pretty can bog down your system.

i7 930
kingston hyperx DDR3 1600
asus p6x58d premium
evga 260 gtx
Windows 7 64 bit ultimate
on November 8, 2011
As Always ViewSonic have given us a good product at an affordable price, the monitor has an excellent image quality especially for watching HD videos and gaming.
I also has built-in speakers (AUDIO 2x2-watt SRS WOW HD*)
I bought it for regular PC use and occasional gaming.

As I live outside the USA, I would usually need a power converter for any electronics product bought from Amazon US but for my nice surprise when I received this specific monitor it had these words on the back sticker:Voltage AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz - even though this was not a part of the product description listed here on Amazon. It saved me the adapter as it worked on 220v. right out of the box.
Full specs on manufacturer's site [...]

I suggest adding these 2 lines to the product specs:
AUDIO Speakers 2x2-watt SRS WOW HD*
Power:Voltage AC 100-240V, 50-60Hz (auto switch) Consumption 49w.
The sound quality is quite good for small built-in speakers.
I am yet to try the 3d mode which I could not try because I did not buy the 3D active glasses or any 3D movie / game.
on June 2, 2011
The review that says it doesn't support 3D Blu-Ray is incorrect, or else NVidia tech support is incorrect -- since their website says it does support 3DBD with 3D Vision:

[...]
on October 1, 2011
I purchased two of these monitors at the same time to set up my FSX flight station. Avionics on the right and forward view (Runway)on the left. The monitors are fast clear and produce an HD and 3D better than perfect picture. The audio from the monitors is very poor, close to unacceptable. The stand is very questionable. Sitting on my glass desktop side by side I can't get them to touch each other due to a non-adjustable stand. The monitors tilt but no way to correct the lean. The picture quality way out weighs this minor fault. Great job ViewSonic.
Jay
on January 20, 2011
Bought this with the Nvidia 3D Kit for movies and games. Wow! It's really good for the price. I also researched monitors for a month or so, and this was was the best at this point. I also do a lot of website work, graphic design and movie editing as well. I was initially worried about the base regarding stability, but it is fine. I use 2 monitors at one and I also like how much higher it is compared to my second 22" monitor next to it. The 3D games (and there are a lot of them), and movies like Resident Evil Afterlife 3D look awesome!
on March 31, 2012
I would like to make 2 points

#1 This is *not* a drop in replacement for a CRT monitor for watching 3D movies and images.
Though it has pure 120hz refresh capabilities , this mode, called "3D mode", isn't actuated unless you are using nvidia 3D vision with certain nvidia graphics cards. Otherwise, it uses a standard LCD refresh scheme which is incompatible with LCD shutter glasses (even when you're using the nvidia 3D vision glasses!). That's why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. It's a pity that the monitor was deliberately crippled in this fashion, there is no technical reason why it couldn't have been compatible with a wide variety of videos cards and shutter glasses, that's marketing for you!

#2 For watching 3D movies and images the system requirements aren't nearly as strict as the packaging would suggest, I haven't tried it for 3D gaming, though others have. The requirements are the same as for 3D vision pro:

A. Windows XP+ (yes, it does work with XP if you have the right video card, that's what I'm using!)
B. Compatible GFORCE or Quadro series graphics card. I am using the Quadro FX 3700, which can be purchased on eBay for about $80 with 30 day warranty. Though any of the cards on the system requirements list for nvidia 3D vision pro will do.
C. Nvidia 3D vision kit.

Also, to use the FX 3700 you will need a motherboard with a PCIE slot (PCIE 2 would be preferred, but not required since mine works fine with just PCIE) and a 400W+ power supply with a six pin supplementary power connector. Look for an unused connector with two rows of three pins, which may be labeled "PCIE". If your PS lacks such a connector and/or is less than 400W, you can buy a suitable PS for less than $50.

I've been enjoying watching my 3D movie collection and JPS files using the nvidia 3D vision player. Which also works just fine with XP once the right video card and driver are installed.
on August 29, 2011
I've been a hardcore PC gamer for many, many years. I just started gaming competitively in ESEA earlier this year and was told by other gamers to invest in a 120hz monitor so I bought this one. It was a terrific investment and makes a huge different in FPS games. You will wonder why you didn't buy one earlier. I will never go back to a 60hz monitor. If you've got $200 to invest in your rig, spend it here!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2011
this viewsonic monitor is great, when i got it and opened the box it looked great, was easy to setup and assemble the stand in only minutes i was palying my 3d game. this monitor has amazing screen quality the picture is amazing when i connected my nvidia 3d vision this monitor blew me away with its 3d. i recommend this product to any one its the best.