5.0 out of 5 stars Best by Far
Published on September 29, 2011 by Long Time Pro

1.0 out of 5 stars Viewsonic crap!!!!
Published on January 20, 2012 by frumenti

5.0 out of 5 stars Best by Far, September 29, 2011
This review is from: Viewsonic V10P_1BN7PUS6_02 ViewPad 10Pro 10.1-Inch Dual OS Tablet (Black) (Personal Computers)
I bought this direct from ViewSonic solely based on the published specifications. I waited a long time for a truly professional tablet PC. The ViewPad 10pro has it all. Intel Z670 "Oak Trail" CPU designed for tablets, ditto for the SM35 chip, 2GB ram plus 32GB SSD, 8 hour battery life (for real), Windows 7 Professional and Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread as a guest OS. (read the specs for the rest of the goodies)

I added a 32GB MicroSD card, 1TB USB drive, BT Laser mouse, Docking station, leather case and stylus to complete my dream tablet.

It took just minutes to connect to my secured wireless network and the internet. A few more minutes to join my workgroup and share my laptop and desktop computers and printer. DL'ed and installed all Windows updates, Security Essentials, Skype, Norton Ghost and complete a full backup. Microsoft Office Starter 2010 preinstalled was a surprise bonus.

Next I tried Android for the 1st time ever. Truly 1 second to switch to Android and 1 second return to Windows although the desktop does a refresh after returning. I DL'ed and installed Amazon Appstore, Kindle, free ebooks, and a handfull of free apps. A few seconds to setup email and send a test message. A few minutes browsing the web completes my test. Okay, obviously Bluestacks has a great Android emulator.

The mini HDMI port allowed me to connect to my 42" TV and play a Blu-ray movie in 1080p off the USB drive.

Pros - Everything I wished for is here. Being a professional with 46 years as an IS techie this is a superb tablet for the professionals. $699 as delivered and $999 fully loaded with accessories may be a bit much for the average Joe but you will not be disappointed.

Cons - 3G not implemented but then again, no 2-3 year contract either. I abhor fingerprints, especially on this beautiful glass screen thus the stylus.

4.0 out of 5 stars FInally Got One, October 11, 2011
The above reviewer is very accurate -this is a HOT piece of equipment. My only concern -why i did not give it 5 stars is - I cant find bluetooth anywhere and the webcam software is very chincy. i bought the 32gig card with it so in total i have 64gig. The other thing is lock the gavity button and turn off light sensor which is right where you left thumb is. It will drive you bonkers the screen dimming and fipping. It does go to android real easy and i dont know anything about android. I got abot 6 hours on high prefomance.
I called viewsonic tech support and ..... Well - thier idots and do not have any support documentation and admittily have no clue about the v10pro. i called to find out where the bluetooth is-got some excuse about a wire not connected from a SUPERVISOR after i had some ditx tech act stupid.It does not shoe in device manager) :( They will call me back about the blue tooth. Also Get Amped headphones the sound is the size of a mouse sqeek at full blast. I have bluetooth headphones (get the picture)
Swpe keyboard ok - i prefer the windows accesability one.And make your first investment into a screen protector and capcitive pen (sold here). finger print show real bad on screen. even cleaned with alcohol. And invest in a cover carrier (11.95) sold here.
Beyond this being so new and so hot-get them when you can, viewsonic is OUT of them most of the time.Plus this dealer is great. So get them while thier hot or not get them at all. Also get a Mini HDMI to HDMI adapter it does not come with one.

5.0 out of 5 stars way cool!, December 24, 2011
this computer is pretty much ready to go out of the box. I did have to download an update for the swype keyboard before it would cooperate. the swype keyboard is interesting but cant keep up with my typing speed. I plan on pairing this tablet up with the logitech k400 wireless keyboard when I have it in the docking station. make sure you download all the windows updates when you set it up. there were 22 waiting for me and I couldn't get bluetooth to work until after updating. im also using the sony drc bt15 bluetooth receiver with
Sony MDR-AS40EX Active Style earbuds and im very pleased with the sound quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tablet, April 3, 2014
I really like this tablet. It has made a nice improvement in our in-office operations. Too bad Viewsonc stopped making this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Viewsonic crap!!!!, January 20, 2012
frumenti "frumenti" (Vancouver, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this tablet because it had great specifications. I tried to install Norton anti-virus and the tablet locked up. I emailed Viewsonic and tech support told me to hookup an external USB cdrom drive and a USB keyboard and a USB mouse in order to fix the issue. Unfortunately the tablet has only one USB port so tech support told me to go out and buy a USB hub.You have to buy a USB keyboard,a USB mouse an external USB cdrom drive, and a USB hub in order to fix this piece of crap.

As all of you know when you get the Windows black screen on boot up, a tablet without a keyboard is a piece of junk since you can't access the touch screen to choose safe mode(a diagnostic boot). When the tablet finally booted in normal mode the touch screen was dead and would not accept input. Everyone that reads this review knows Windows problems and why Microsoft cannot get the majority of Windows XP users to upgrade to later versions of Windows. An enormous amount of money is spent on programs to fix windows (registry errors, etc). Over the years I have spent more money on programs to fix Windows than I spent on Windows itself.

My wife had to have a Windows tablet for one particular application so I bought this tablet for her. Everyone in the industry is aware of Microsoft's issues. I never dreamed that Viewsonic would sell a product they knew would have problems running Windows but provided no way to get the touchscreen to work even if Windows crashed. How can you fix a Windows problem when the touchscreen doesn't work? I have never had a problem fixing Windows problems but a tablet that locks up the touch screen when Windows crashes is worthless. Because of known Windows problems Viewsonic should never sold this product without a USB hub, external USB drive,a USB
keyboard and a USB mouse or a software application that would enable the touch screen when windows crashes. This is the first tablet I have ever owned and I did not know how this product would handle crashes, and that Viewsonic made no provision for dealing with Windows lock ups and crashes. No manufacturer should ever sell a product for which the buyer has to buy extra hardware to operate it without informing the buyer before the purchase. Computers are not sold without the hardware and software and a manual that will enable the buyer can fix common everyday problems that happen in all computers.

What are you going to do when you have the tablet on a plane or trip and you and Windows crashes and you don't have a USB hub, a USB keyboard a USB mouse and an external USB cdrom?

Tech support at Viewsonic said they would give me no more help until I had a USB keyboard,a USB mouse,an external USB cdrom and a USB hub.

I use Linux myself and it is free and virtually all Linux applications are also free.

I would advise anyone who is thinking about buying this tablet to go online at Viewsonic and read the user manual for this tablet. The user manual is an indication of the quality of help you will get if you have a problem with this product.I have never owned a computer that was running Windows that did not have frequent problems. The manual will not help you.

1/23/12: I received my new usb hub and fixed windows problem. Tablet runs applications very very slowly and the touchscreen now works. If someone needs to run Windows applications I recommend checking out the Parallels mobile applications which will run Windows applications on an Ipad.(Amazon removed a url I had included in this review since Amazon doesn't carry the version of Parallels need for this setup). If I could do it I would return the Viewsonic and buy an Ipad. Windows 8 is supposed to fix some of the problems Windows 7 has running on a tablet. The number of tablets running Windows is miniscule compared to Ipad and Android and there is a good reason for that. I saw a Viewsonic announcement that stated there is a software fix coming that will fix the slow operational speed of this tablet. The trouble is when it will come and how much it would speed up the tablet.

Viewsonic apparently doesn't care that you have to buy and keep handy extra hardware to fix a simple Windows lockup. The user's manual is useless.

1/25/2012: Now touchscreen doesn't work. Windows on a tablet without touchscreen is a disaster. I don't know of any tablets that have touchscreen lock out problems. All I can do is do a hardware shutdown by holding down the power button which upon reboot puts Windows into a start mode that asks if you want to start in safe mode or normal mode but there is no way to select safe mode because the touch screen is not loaded at this time in the boot process.Now when Windows starts it automatically starts in normal mode but does not load the touch screen drivers.

!/29/2012 Worked with the USB cdrom drive, USB mouse, USB keyboard and powered USB hub. Was able boot the tablet normally without going thru the black screen, but touchscreen still does not work!!!!!! Based on my experience I believe that the Viewsonic tablet has a paradox: when I used the USB keyboard and mouse the tablet loaded USB device drivers for mouse and keyboard and when that happens the tablet unloads the touchscreen driver and subsequent boots the USB mouse and keyboard drivers are still loaded and the touchscreen device driver is not loaded. THIS MEANS YOU CANNOT USE A USB KEYBOARD AND MOUSE TO FIX A WINDOWS PROBLEM BECAUSE USING
THEM DISABLES THE TOUCHSCREEN!!!!!

Rate and Discover Movies