5.0 out of 5 stars Viewing angle can be adjusted
Published on August 17, 2012 by eclectic

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Buy
I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a decent LED monitor without killing their wallet. I'd give it more stars if the screen quality (colors, crispness, contrast) was better. This of course you'll get with more money spent :) Other than that it works great.
Published 17 months ago by Christopher G Guaty

5.0 out of 5 stars Viewing angle can be adjusted, August 17, 2012
This review is from: Viewsonic VA1938WA-LED 19-Inch Widescreen LED Monitor (Personal Computers)
I almost returned this product due to the tilt forward angle that other reviewers had mentioned. Thanks to other reviews, I was able to fix the problem. Under the attached stand, there are three screws that you can loosen. I removed them completely and used my screwdriver to adjust the metal plate angle that the plastic stand piece attached to. I then re-attached the plastic part and assembled the stand.
I did not install the included driver but just adjusted the resolution to 1366x768 and the monitor is working as expected. Good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Does Tilt, August 22, 2012
Took it out of the box, set it up on the base without any screws. Tilted it back up to face me better. Time: 5 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous display!, February 28, 2012
I've been using a square 15inch LCD monitor for the past two years, and have been on the hunt for a moderately sized monitor and this one fit my space requirements. the display is gorgeous, my computer (Win7) adjusted to the larger widescreen very easily.. the controls are simple and intelligent.. and it's just beautiful. can't beat the price either- especially for an LED!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, July 10, 2012
It's pretty much perfect. They send a installation cd in the box but you don't need to use it it's just for if ever there's a problem where the monitor has to be completly reconfigured, but not like for image adjustment. The only real problem for some people would be that you can't adjust the height and angle of the monitor, and it's very slightly tilted forward but you can't tell unless your stare at it from the side. In the end, you get your $100 worth, it's LED too which is normally more exspensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I ignored the other reviews, June 26, 2012
I read that the monitor didn't have a tilt adjustment and thought that all monitors did so i ordered it anyway. Great picture and tilt adjustment. Just have to loosen the hinges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will order one more, June 19, 2012
Viewsonic VA1938WA-LED 19-Inch Widescreen LED Monitor
What a great buy-$88.99. Fully tilt able!!!! No books needed. LOL.I used a Philips screwdriver,pliers and a wrench. Before installing a monitor stand, loosen three screws (see in a part already attached to the monitor)Loosen a nut screw just a bit to allow a metal part to move back and forward.Raise and cut out from both sides 2 pieces of metal(nipple like) which reduces monitor movement.Time to make changes: skilled 5 minutes, novice 15 minutes.Enjoy your monitor.WARNING: I DO NOT suggest you to make these changes. It can void your warranty. I DO NOT care for one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath of fresh air, January 13, 2013
I have been a computer user for over 40 years, starting way back with an Atari 400. I have used all types of monitors from old analog TV's to the old green screens and RBG's. This is my first flat screen and I am very impressed. First, YOU CANNOT BEAT THE PRICE.(you may have to wait for a sale). Others have said that the clarity is so so, but after my experience, it is fantastic. Also, since this is a digital system, I cannot get used to the very quiet (actually no noise), after it wakes up from non-use. The old systems go "donk" when they wake to start the old picture tube. This unit, nothing. The wide screen is another plus. Yes, I am an old fart, so you kids just bear with me. You are not old enough to even know of what I speak. So, to all you old farts out there, buy it. Simple hook up, ease of use, and no "donk". As a matter of fact, I just ordered a second one, for my wife's system.

4.0 out of 5 stars monitor, October 11, 2012
I like the wide screen. works well and has great color. only problem is my system won't let me set the resolution at setting the monitor wants 1366 x 768. I can only set it at 1360 x 768 so a stupid blue box pops up all the time to change the setting but I can't disable the message. some of my games won't play on the wide screen. but other than that it is a great monitor and well worth the price and the little annoyances

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows XP Users -- Must Read!, November 26, 2012
First off, the shipping was fantastic! Arrived in pristine condition, and am very happy about that.

I am using this monitor on a Windows XP computer -- where my display resolution only goes up to 1280 x 768 pixels. When I first turned on the monitor, it was very bright and some of the letters seemed focused and some were obviously blurred.

After fiddlin' for a while, I now got good color and sharpness... even at 1280 x 768. Here's what I did:

1. When you first turn on your computer, you will be at the Desktop (with all your favorite icons). On the Desktop, [RIGHT-CLICK] and choose [Graphics Options] then [Graphics Properties]. A small dialog window will open.
2. Choose the [DEVICE] tab (already selected at the top of the little window) and set a Refresh Rate of 60Hz, Screen Size of 1280 x 768, and TRUE COLOR. Be sure to use 60Hz, mine was previously set at 75Hz for my older CRT Monitor. The new LED Monitors can be damaged from too high of a refresh rate.
3. Choose the [COLOR] tab (across the top of the little window) and click the "Restore Defaults" button. I had to do this because it was using my old monitor settings, which needed kick in the gamma boost behind -- and was the culprit of the extreme brightness of my new monitor!
4. Click OK.

That takes care of your computer settings, now for the monitor. Use the little buttons directly below the monitor next to the power button.

1. Click the [number 1 button] to activate OSD (on screen display).
2. Use the [UP] or [DOWN] buttons to navigate to the "Automatic Image Adjust" item.
3. Click the [number 2 button] to make it work.

That's it. You should now have very satisfactory results from your new monitor at 1280 x 768!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, June 8, 2012
I did a lot of research before settling on this monitor. For the price point, I think it's perfect. I don't use it to watch movies/TV, so I haven't seen the "halo" some other reviews have mentioned. It looks fine when I'm doing email, web surfing, etc.
One small set up thing - During set up it looked like it the screen was leaning a couple of inches towards me and there wasn't an intutive way to make it lean back and I was considering returning it, but played around with it for a few minutes to make it lean back and stand properly. Apart from that, set up was a breeze