Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on August 17, 2012
I almost returned this product due to the tilt forward angle that other reviewers had mentioned. Thanks to other reviews, I was able to fix the problem. Under the attached stand, there are three screws that you can loosen. I removed them completely and used my screwdriver to adjust the metal plate angle that the plastic stand piece attached to. I then re-attached the plastic part and assembled the stand.
I did not install the included driver but just adjusted the resolution to 1366x768 and the monitor is working as expected. Good buy.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2012
Took it out of the box, set it up on the base without any screws. Tilted it back up to face me better. Time: 5 minutes.
11 comment25 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2012
I've been using a square 15inch LCD monitor for the past two years, and have been on the hunt for a moderately sized monitor and this one fit my space requirements. the display is gorgeous, my computer (Win7) adjusted to the larger widescreen very easily.. the controls are simple and intelligent.. and it's just beautiful. can't beat the price either- especially for an LED!
22 comments23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2012
It's pretty much perfect. They send a installation cd in the box but you don't need to use it it's just for if ever there's a problem where the monitor has to be completly reconfigured, but not like for image adjustment. The only real problem for some people would be that you can't adjust the height and angle of the monitor, and it's very slightly tilted forward but you can't tell unless your stare at it from the side. In the end, you get your $100 worth, it's LED too which is normally more exspensive.
11 comment29 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2012
I read that the monitor didn't have a tilt adjustment and thought that all monitors did so i ordered it anyway. Great picture and tilt adjustment. Just have to loosen the hinges.
on January 13, 2013
I have been a computer user for over 40 years, starting way back with an Atari 400. I have used all types of monitors from old analog TV's to the old green screens and RBG's. This is my first flat screen and I am very impressed. First, YOU CANNOT BEAT THE PRICE.(you may have to wait for a sale). Others have said that the clarity is so so, but after my experience, it is fantastic. Also, since this is a digital system, I cannot get used to the very quiet (actually no noise), after it wakes up from non-use. The old systems go "donk" when they wake to start the old picture tube. This unit, nothing. The wide screen is another plus. Yes, I am an old fart, so you kids just bear with me. You are not old enough to even know of what I speak. So, to all you old farts out there, buy it. Simple hook up, ease of use, and no "donk". As a matter of fact, I just ordered a second one, for my wife's system.
55 comments9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2012
Viewsonic VA1938WA-LED 19-Inch Widescreen LED Monitor
What a great buy-$88.99. Fully tilt able!!!! No books needed. LOL.I used a Philips screwdriver,pliers and a wrench. Before installing a monitor stand, loosen three screws (see in a part already attached to the monitor)Loosen a nut screw just a bit to allow a metal part to move back and forward.Raise and cut out from both sides 2 pieces of metal(nipple like) which reduces monitor movement.Time to make changes: skilled 5 minutes, novice 15 minutes.Enjoy your monitor.WARNING: I DO NOT suggest you to make these changes. It can void your warranty. I DO NOT care for one.
on November 26, 2012
First off, the shipping was fantastic! Arrived in pristine condition, and am very happy about that.

I am using this monitor on a Windows XP computer -- where my display resolution only goes up to 1280 x 768 pixels. When I first turned on the monitor, it was very bright and some of the letters seemed focused and some were obviously blurred.

After fiddlin' for a while, I now got good color and sharpness... even at 1280 x 768. Here's what I did:

1. When you first turn on your computer, you will be at the Desktop (with all your favorite icons). On the Desktop, [RIGHT-CLICK] and choose [Graphics Options] then [Graphics Properties]. A small dialog window will open.
2. Choose the [DEVICE] tab (already selected at the top of the little window) and set a Refresh Rate of 60Hz, Screen Size of 1280 x 768, and TRUE COLOR. Be sure to use 60Hz, mine was previously set at 75Hz for my older CRT Monitor. The new LED Monitors can be damaged from too high of a refresh rate.
3. Choose the [COLOR] tab (across the top of the little window) and click the "Restore Defaults" button. I had to do this because it was using my old monitor settings, which needed kick in the gamma boost behind -- and was the culprit of the extreme brightness of my new monitor!
4. Click OK.

That takes care of your computer settings, now for the monitor. Use the little buttons directly below the monitor next to the power button.

1. Click the [number 1 button] to activate OSD (on screen display).
2. Use the [UP] or [DOWN] buttons to navigate to the "Automatic Image Adjust" item.
3. Click the [number 2 button] to make it work.

That's it. You should now have very satisfactory results from your new monitor at 1280 x 768!
on October 11, 2012
I like the wide screen. works well and has great color. only problem is my system won't let me set the resolution at setting the monitor wants 1366 x 768. I can only set it at 1360 x 768 so a stupid blue box pops up all the time to change the setting but I can't disable the message. some of my games won't play on the wide screen. but other than that it is a great monitor and well worth the price and the little annoyances
on September 8, 2013
First one I got had a few bad pixels which were white all the time. Requested a replacement from amazon, which to their benefit was very easy and stress free. But the replacement monitor also had faulty pixels. It is a usable monitor, but for the fact I just spent $100 on something brand new and it already has defects straight out of the box is unacceptable, especially twice now. I will be replacing this monitor again for something else. I was under the impression viewsonic was a decent brand, but now I am rethinking that opinion.