Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on August 17, 2012
I almost returned this product due to the tilt forward angle that other reviewers had mentioned. Thanks to other reviews, I was able to fix the problem. Under the attached stand, there are three screws that you can loosen. I removed them completely and used my screwdriver to adjust the metal plate angle that the plastic stand piece attached to. I then re-attached the plastic part and assembled the stand.
I did not install the included driver but just adjusted the resolution to 1366x768 and the monitor is working as expected. Good buy.
on February 28, 2012
I've been using a square 15inch LCD monitor for the past two years, and have been on the hunt for a moderately sized monitor and this one fit my space requirements. the display is gorgeous, my computer (Win7) adjusted to the larger widescreen very easily.. the controls are simple and intelligent.. and it's just beautiful. can't beat the price either- especially for an LED!
on August 22, 2012
Took it out of the box, set it up on the base without any screws. Tilted it back up to face me better. Time: 5 minutes.
on July 10, 2012
It's pretty much perfect. They send a installation cd in the box but you don't need to use it it's just for if ever there's a problem where the monitor has to be completly reconfigured, but not like for image adjustment. The only real problem for some people would be that you can't adjust the height and angle of the monitor, and it's very slightly tilted forward but you can't tell unless your stare at it from the side. In the end, you get your $100 worth, it's LED too which is normally more exspensive.
on June 26, 2012
I read that the monitor didn't have a tilt adjustment and thought that all monitors did so i ordered it anyway. Great picture and tilt adjustment. Just have to loosen the hinges.
on January 13, 2013
I have been a computer user for over 40 years, starting way back with an Atari 400. I have used all types of monitors from old analog TV's to the old green screens and RBG's. This is my first flat screen and I am very impressed. First, YOU CANNOT BEAT THE PRICE.(you may have to wait for a sale). Others have said that the clarity is so so, but after my experience, it is fantastic. Also, since this is a digital system, I cannot get used to the very quiet (actually no noise), after it wakes up from non-use. The old systems go "donk" when they wake to start the old picture tube. This unit, nothing. The wide screen is another plus. Yes, I am an old fart, so you kids just bear with me. You are not old enough to even know of what I speak. So, to all you old farts out there, buy it. Simple hook up, ease of use, and no "donk". As a matter of fact, I just ordered a second one, for my wife's system.
55 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2012
Viewsonic VA1938WA-LED 19-Inch Widescreen LED Monitor
What a great buy-$88.99. Fully tilt able!!!! No books needed. LOL.I used a Philips screwdriver,pliers and a wrench. Before installing a monitor stand, loosen three screws (see in a part already attached to the monitor)Loosen a nut screw just a bit to allow a metal part to move back and forward.Raise and cut out from both sides 2 pieces of metal(nipple like) which reduces monitor movement.Time to make changes: skilled 5 minutes, novice 15 minutes.Enjoy your monitor.WARNING: I DO NOT suggest you to make these changes. It can void your warranty. I DO NOT care for one.
on October 11, 2012
I like the wide screen. works well and has great color. only problem is my system won't let me set the resolution at setting the monitor wants 1366 x 768. I can only set it at 1360 x 768 so a stupid blue box pops up all the time to change the setting but I can't disable the message. some of my games won't play on the wide screen. but other than that it is a great monitor and well worth the price and the little annoyances
on October 12, 2014
Good:
I received this monitor today. No 'bad' pixels and arrived on time (on Sunday AM) in a secure package :) Screen is bright and colors excellent.
I had no problem with the stiff tilting. I firmly grabbed it and moved it back. The monitor does not go off if I move it. Less power and heat too.
Bad:
Installing the drivers on the CD is a waste of time as follows:
After I installed the drivers on the CD, the highest resolution was the 1366 x whatever. XP would not show that resolution so I had to press the 2 on the monitor to stop the annoying message. The font is too GRAINY at any resolution so I had to download and install True Type from MS. That helped smooth out the grainy font. I also had to uninstall the monitor in the 'hardware list' to get higher resolutions and now The only controls are brightness and contrast. I comes with brightness set to 100%which is a bit bright for me. it is a fairly good monitor. but one star was pulled for the hassle. I was expecting more from Viewsonic.

This is my first LED monitor so maybe they all look grainy, but next time I will stick with LCD for a much clearer screen.This monitor seems have large pixels or something.
on October 1, 2012
I haven't had it long. Hook up was a cinch, no problem with any issue at all, color is great, watching youtube HD has never been better and overall I give it two thumbs up. As for the consistent complaints about the angle well, didn't notice myself but if it is wrong prop it up on a wedge of wood or a book problem solved. The controls are out front. Its easy enough to accidentally turn it off trying to slide it by grabbing the base but it comes back on easy as it goes off so no worries. Its light weight, fairly stable on the table as mine has cats laying near it all day long and if there is one thing I could comment on negative I would but honestly I don't see any. Seems like a solid purchase of a great item better than expected for the money. Compared to what these flat screens ran when they first came out this is a great deal believe me. My last monitor was no where near this nice and a lot harder to move around or manipulate due to the weight diff. This monitor came with a pretty well designed box that secures it nicely. Its worth keeping if you should need to send it in for anything or replacement.