5.0 out of 5 stars Get them while they're hot- these rock!
Published on November 14, 2011 by damage31

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but pixel problems
Beautiful display, but mine had a bright blue pixel stuck in the center of the screen. The screen also went blank randomly a few times with the back-light still lit. Although the replacement arrived super fast, it had two stuck pixels in the center of the screen as well. This model may need a little more QC in the future.
Published on June 30, 2011 by J.R.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get them while they're hot- these rock!, November 14, 2011
I needed a pair of 24" monitors to work from home more efficiently. I had a smaller 20" LCD + my laptop screen, but that just didn't cut it. I have dual 24" at work, and needed to get the same for the house to make life easier when working from home without breaking the bank. These fit the bill - Out of the box these monitors are a little on the bright side with factory settings. I had to turn down the contrast(to 40) and brightness (to 50) to get the windows 7 colors to look more natural/less washed out. Compared to my Dell work monitors these are very similar in screen quality, at least to my eye. At home (when I'm not working) I do mostly web surfing, some programming, a little youtube, etc. For what I do for work, as well as home entertainment, these monitors work just fine.

I view these mostly straight on, and from where I sit, the screens are evenly lit. Sitting any more than about 15 degrees off center, you can start to see the screen change. I do not use the speakers so have nothing to say about them. Not a single dead pixel is an added plus.

All in all, these are simple monitors that don't break the bank, but provide plenty of screen real estate in a reasonable footprint. I find that these help to reduce the eye strain I had been dealing with using the smaller 20" + laptop monitors.

Also, I got these on sale - They were just shy of a buck forty each with free shipping, so the price was right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, September 9, 2011
This review is from: Viewsonic VA2248M-LED 22-Inch Widescreen LED Monitor (Black) (Personal Computers)
I have had this monitor for about two months without a problem. So this is what I think:

PRO:
-No dead pixels.
-Large work area (I upgraded from a 17")
-VERY bright, i had to turn down the brightness to 30%.
-Easy menu navigation.
-SUPER thin and light, it's amazing!
-Nice clean design.
-Energy efficient! :D

BUT:
-Poor speakers, but i use external ones anyway.
-The stand is a bit thin, may wobble if you have a shaky desk.
-1920x1080 supported but make sure you graphics card can do it, I had to tweak my GMA945 for it ot work.

Overall very good for the price, would buy again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, but pixel problems, June 30, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacks Ergonomic Functionality, December 28, 2012
clayton scott niemann (farmer's branch, texas United States) - See all my reviews
great picture and the high contrast you would expect from an LED. This one is not my first ViewSonic and likely not the last, BUT it does not tilt forward/backward so it requires a miscellaneous object under the base to provide the proper ergonomic placement to prevent neck/shoulder strain.

2.0 out of 5 stars Budget Monitor......thats about it., December 1, 2011
Purchased this for $120, thought it was a steal so i picked one up for my house.

Opened the package and here are some bullet points:

Pros:
* Price Price Price
* Clean bevels makes it look very nice on your desk
* Speakers are hidden so it doesn't look bulky
* Basically....it looks good off.

Cons:
* Colors look washed out especially blacks (even when trying to change the settings with contrast or turning the brightness down it just ends up looking worse.)
* Doesn't come with a DVI cable
* Controls are awkwardly placed behind the monitor
* Wobbly Stand
* Monitor Height is only about 3.5/4 inches off the table so you'd have to get a table top if you're going to want it higher
* Color Shifting- Just moving left to right on my chair i can see tint shift in white to yellowish
* No HDMI - But i didn't expect that on a budget monitor anyways

In short for people still on conventional TFT-LCD /TN/CRT monitors you will see a difference in Clarity but its nothing to write home about with this specific unit. If you just need a monitor for general browsing and nothing like photoshop/design/photography then its a good monitor with the $120 price point.

Id probably go with a 23" HP LED X Series if i had to pay more, i saw it in store and the colors were much much richer. Hopefully this helps some of you guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, July 20, 2011
I bought this a few months back for the HD, the built in speakers I didn't really care about. Come to think of it all built in speakers on LCD/LEDs tend to be terrible. You experience the real capability of this 1080p display by using the DVI port, VGA would lower the quality (figured that out the hard way). Controls are pretty straight forward, didn't really need to tweak the color settings or anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Monitor, October 6, 2011
This Monitor came with great reviews and I have had great results with Amazon. I was considering buying a completely new computer, when my wife suggested I upgrade the RAM and buy a new monitor instead. She was right! I went from 1 to 4 GB RAM and went from a 17" monitor to a Viewsonoc 22" monitor. Wow! What an improvement. I am so pleased!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value. decent product, April 22, 2011
Picture is good. The stand is a little stiff. It took me a while to discover that the angle is adjustable. When I first installed the stand, the screen was pointing at a downward angle, I tried to adjust it but it didn't budge and I though I was almost pushing hard enough to break something. About a week later, I tried adjusting it again and it finally moved and didn't break. Other than the stiff adjustment, it works great. For the price, this monitor is a good value and looks great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice monitor at great price, December 31, 2011
Kenny B (Galloway, OH United States) - See all my reviews
Ordered this monitor on a lightning deal on 12/29 and received it on 12/30 even without prime. Worked great right out of the box. My windows 7 and GT 240 card recognized it right away and auto set it to 1920x1080. Screen is bright and I love the fact that the connections go straight into the back of the unit rather than into it vertically. No monitor wrestling required.

Some persons have made comments about the stand being a little flimsy, but not an issue if on a firm desktop surface. Didn't give it 5 stars and won't until I see how it holds up after a couple of months.

First impression is a very good one and is probably worth the normal selling price although
I got it for 99.00 on the deal.

BTW, I purchased an Acer A231H at staples the day after Christmas and took it back the same day because it worked for about 8 seconds and the screen went blank. Even took a couple hours to try to tweak my system but no go. Clerk at Staples even said they were "hit or miss" avoid that one and get this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product No Problems, March 4, 2012
Took it out of the box, hooked it up and it worked with no issues with my Win 7 system. The color seems a little bright, tried adjusting contrast & brightness but did not arrive at good balance. But since I am mostly a text user and don't do video games it is great for me.

Viewsonic VA2248M-LED 22-Inch Widescreen LED Monitor (Black)
Used & New from: $129.00