Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Showing 1-10 of 75 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on December 2, 2010
Maybe I am the unlucky one. I simply could not echo the five/four star comments. The monitor is of good price, very thin and nice looking, but that is all.

I also have a 5 year old Dell LCD monitor. The Viewsonic and the Dell were put right next to each other. I loaded the same dark background wallpaper. The Dell's black looks natural and pure where this brand new LED monitor looks yellowish. To eliminate other light sources, I turned off all lights and the Dell monitor, the yellowish black was still there. Then a monitor testing page was loaded, where there were about 20 squares that varies from light gray to dark black. The background was certainly black. A good monitor should be able to show as many squares as possible while a poor one would have many of the squares (especially the darker ones) indistinguishable. I was able to see about 15 squares on my Dell and surprisingly, only 9 on the Viewsonic.

The Viewsonic was unbearably bright. Even after I turned it down to 12% brightness. That makes web-pages with white background an exhausting job to a user' eyes.

It has been returned. I am disappointed with this particular model.
on January 15, 2012
I will keep this brief and friendly. I recieved this from Amazon.com with the great service I've always had but I am returning it. Unlike most folks I do not have an HDTV. So this was my first experience with High Definition. Because View Sonic advertises it as Full HD I assumed that it was. It comes with an: 1)external power cable 2) a VGA cable 3)a DVI cable, and 4)an analog stereo speaker cable. I had several phone calls with View Sonic tech support. Essentially, they claim it is Full HD simply because of it's Resolution cabablity of 1920 to 1080p. Because there is no HDMI port what you are not getting is HD Audio. View Sonic also claimed that the picture quality of the DVI is no different than an HDMI cable (except no HD audio). After much research - beginning on wikipedia - I've learned that you cannot get the same quality optics with a DVI. The reason is this: a DVI cable carries only the Color Space of RGB. The HDMI cable is now mandated by law to carry both the analog RGB Color Space and the uniformly perceptual YCbCr Color Space that brings the true high definition optics. This is a very technical discussion. You can research it yourself by starting with searching "HDMI", "Color Spaces" or "Color Models",and "ICC Color Profiles" on Wikipedia. For someone like myself who does photo/video editing and digital art the difference is Big. I'm giving the monitor a 2 star because it is Not As Advertised. It is a great monitor overall otherwise, but you cannot get Real high definition without an HDMI cable and port. Shop wisely and avoid my mistake. Best Regards, Travel_by_Ferry
1717 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2010
Beware of massive color shifting with even slight viewing angle changes. This is especially important for 2 monitor setups where each monitor is necessarily going to have a slightly different angle. Calibrating both monitors against each other is impossible. One will always show a slightly warmer or cooler color temp vs. the other, and it's impossible to perfectly compensate--especially when even tilting your head slightly alters colors anyway. I replaced these with Samsung 2350's, which are comparably priced and only .6 inches smaller (the ViewSonic is 23.6 inches in actual display size).
33 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2011
I bought this monitor because I wanted an LED monitor that was cheap. I guess you get what you pay for. When I hooked up the monitor to my computer it worked fine. The picture was pretty good, not great, but satisfactory (what do you expect for 150 bucks?). After only a week of having this monitor, it just died on me. When I turned it on the screen just went to a white picture, then flickered to black, then back to completely white again. I returned it to Amazon right away and got a refund, not a replacement. I would advise to spend a little extra money on a monitor, $20-$50 bucks, for a brand that is a little more reliable (personally I'm going with a Samsung). This is the first Viewsonic product I have ever bought, and it will also be my last.

Pros
-Stylish
-Light weight
-Ok picture
-Average response time
-Eco-Friendly
-Cheap

Cons
-No HDMI
-Blacks are HORRIBLE (Don't believe the contrast ratio)
-Not reliable, mine broke
-Cruddy speakers
on January 24, 2011
I just returned my second of these monitors to amazon (great return service). The first monitor did not have a working DVI input. VGA did work OK but I needed DVI. The second monitor came with a blown pixel but I decided to ignore that. But after about a month the monitor started spontaneously throwing its internal menu up on the screen and the only way I could get the menu off the screen again was by powering the monitor down - not handy.

Even with those bad experiences I am sorely tempted to buy another one of these monitors. While the monitor was working it put out an amazing image. I had it hooked up as a second monitor for a 21" iMac. And while it was not quite up to the quality of the iMac display screen (a very high bar) it was almost as good. And for the price point, you can't beat it - if you can get it to work...

Update: I purchased one more of these monitors from a warehouse store with a generous return policy. It made it 3 months and 2 weeks before failing (by simply going black and never coming back on). I replaced that third monitor with a Samsung 21.5 LED monitor and have not had any problems.
on January 22, 2012
I bought 2 of these monitors for my home to replicate the dual screen I have at my office. At first these monitors seemed superb: great contrast, high res, absolutely beautiful. I don't use my home set up often, but when I do, I've actually thought about getting two more of these for the office.

HOWVER, after a couple of months one of them has had the monitor adjustment box pop up without having been touched. It opens on the CONTRAST/BRIGHTNESS option and keeps switching back and forth between contrast and brightness. I tried the exit button but it doesn't go away. I tried the up and down arrows and the select (2), but it responds to nothing. It happened to be somewhat dark so I used a flashlight to make sure I was touching the right spot.

THEN I NOTICED SOMETHING DISTURBING. The area around each number was clearly worn. Since this is the first time I'd ever used the buttons, it clearly was heavily worn before I even received the monitor.

I can only presume that this monitor had this problem, was returned, and then sent out to me as new. I don't know whether to blame Amazon or Viewsonic, but it makes me hesitant to replace it with another of the same (i.e. is my other monitor, which has no worn spots on the touch buttons, going to start with this problem as well?

Whatever I decide to do, it will make me cautious about dealing both with Viewsonic and with Amazon in the future.
on October 10, 2010
True, this monitor is inexpensive, but I decided to try my luck at it anyway and sure enough, once the return window had closed through Amazon, it started showing very pronounced rolling lines in the video signal. ViewSonic does not have the best customer support either.
on November 11, 2013
Great price, lovely monitor, completely worthless touch sensitive buttons to control settings.

The touch module for the control buttons on the bottom right of the monitor is complete junk. After 13 months, the OSD will not disappear, and oscillates up and down. No amount of resetting would cure the problem. I ended up cracking open the bezel and just pulling the connector plug from the touch controls. My graphics card handles most of the monitor settings anyhow, so the annoyance was not even from something I needed.

Viewsonic - Just use normal buttons and everything will be much better.
review image review image
on December 1, 2010
The monitor has SEVERE backlight bleeding. On a black screen, the top and bottom edges are lit up to a bright blue color. Also, the bottom third of the screen is MUCH brighter than the rest of the screen. You can move a white window (like a text document) from top to bottom and watch the color change and the brightness increase.

I'm hoping this is just a defective monitor, working with the seller to get a replacement.
on March 23, 2011
I have been looking for a large, good quality monitor for everyday use: typing, browsing, watching videos and some designing. Since I had never heard of this brand, at the beginning I was hesitant to buy this monitor but eventually I bought it based on the reviews it had received. The monitor arrived super fast. It is very light, thin and the image is very bright.
Unfortunately though I noticed the small writings on a colored background (like the menu titles or the tab titles in the web browser) appear with a shadow around them. To make sure I am not crazy or my eyes are seeing doubles, I asked my friends to test it and they also confirmed seeing a shadow. I tested a couple of other LED monitors and didn't see this effect.
So at this point I am pretty sure there is something wrong with this monitor. I am very disappointed and will return the monitor and ask for a refund and not replacement. I would stick with the known brands for my next purchase. Once more I am reminded that I have to think twice before buying a cheap product.