Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Viewsonic's VA2703 27-Inch Full HD 1080p Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 27, 2012
What can I say, but this is a quality product. I am not an avid TV watcher, but I do get compliments on the picture from visitor or tradesmen who happen to see it on. I especially like the very thin rim and when. It looks like a picture in the air. The smart TV function is great as I am no longer bound to whatever the "media" feeds us. This is my second one of this model. Easy to use and configure.
The only downside is the down firing speakers which leaves movie watchers grasping for the caption button. Rather than purchase a home theater I use a "jambox" which gives us flawless audio without a high volume setting. I know, I know. TVs don't put out Bluetooth. So I simply purchased a tiny"jaybird" from Amazon and Voila' I have good sound
I don't know what people are complaining about. No noise, decent picture, very bright - turned it down by about 30% and it's still bright. 1920x1080 native resolution, seems to have almost as much room as two 21" monitors! I use it for Photoshop and web design work, so can't comment on gaming quality. When surfing, I find that I use the magnification setting in the browser more than with other monitors - I'm near sighted, so that's my failing, not the monitor. There's just so much screen area that web pages designed to fill 100% of the screen are impossible to read comfortably. You'll literally be turning your head from left to right, like you're watching a tennis game.

So if two monitors is a little much, and one monitor is does not fit the bill, try this one - it's a winner.
review image
on May 6, 2012
I was having trouble with frequent crashes running Solidworks with a 24" Dell and a Nvidea graphics card. Rather then replace an expensive driver ($600+)I decided to upgrade the monitor. Since installing the Viewsonic four weeks ago my crashes are almost nonexistant. I also love the larger screen size. To be fair to Dell I did some additional tweeking (I decreased my hardware acceleration one notch).Viewsonic's VA2703 27-Inch Full HD 1080p Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black
on June 7, 2013
So far we have been pretty happy with our new tv...for some reason it seems to take a long time to 'warm up' when you first turn it on, but its not a big deal. I have not yet used it as a computer monitor which is 1/2 of the reason I bought it...still need to get the hdmi cable for my Ipad and then will try it out. Sound is a little "tinny"...kind of flat and with no depth, but this is in our bedroom and dont care too much about a rich stereo sound for that room. Probably wouldnt have in a family room because of the sound quality but for this price and what I need it is pretty good.
on July 7, 2013
I was sick at looking at the small monitor my computer came with and wanted something bigger. This was the biggest one I could find without it also being a TV. The price was great and so far no complaints. I'm not a tech-junkie so I can't speak to things like refresh rate, etc. but I've had it for several months with no problems and I get quite a few compliments on it.
on July 21, 2014
Had these now for over two years! Completely satisfied with size and function! I bought two and mounted them on an Ergotron dual stacking arm, one look in my mancave and you will believe in the magic! :)
on January 10, 2013
This 27" Viewsonic Monitor lives up to its description. It is clear and sharp. I could not be better pleased. Not only high quality, running at the highest resolution, but the price was very economical. It was delivered promptly and worked properly out of the box. It is my primary monitor. I used Viewsonic many years ago and had forgotten how good they are, having used several other brands in the meantime.
on March 19, 2014
This is a nice monitor, but the white wasn't white enough for me. If you need just any monitor, this will do. But if you are doing serious photo editing, this won't be good enough to capture the skin tones.
on December 8, 2012
I purchased this monitor based on the reviews from different folks from Amazon and I thank them for taking the time and writing great reviews. The picture quality, brightness and HD quality are all amazing. Amazon did a great job delivering my order on time. I have had different monitors over many years from different manufacturers, but I must say that in comparison to others, this monitor has got to be on top of the list. Given the price and quality, I would definitely recommend it. Happy shopping!
on January 5, 2013
My previous monitor from a non-name brand died unexpectedly right before christmas so I needed a replacement asap. I had tried a local computer shop but had to pay more for a monitor I was not as satisfied with. The only downside on this monitor is that id did not come with a DVI cable, but it is a nice, bright, beautiful monitor with a three year warranty so I am very happy with it.