Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on November 11, 2010
I have had the total gym in the past and this is far more durable and has more resistance, at half the cost! I waited 4 months before posting this short review, because i wanted to be sure it was not a flimsy unit. So far so good! My wife, daughter and I are using this! A friend who works out with me, at the gym was skeptical when he saw this, and after a few exercises, he was impressed with the resistance, smoothness and quality for the price! I bought this as an intermediate unit to be used on off days at the GYM, but have incorporated it as a normal routine. Solid, strong construction, great work out.
0Comment63 of 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2014
I ordered my Vigorfit over a year ago.  Glowing testimonies are easy to write when you’ve only had the product a week, and the shine is still new.  But I figure after a year, I’m well qualified to write a real-life unbiased testimony.

The Vigorfit gym is relatively easy to set up and use.  I like the wheels, since I have it folded in my office closet, and need to wheel it approximately 45 feet to my living room where I have room to use it.  The set-up is a quick one minute process.  I previously owned a Total Gym, which I used for several years, so feel qualified to make a comparison.  The Vigor Fit is more robust, and heavier.  I initially thought heavier was a negative, but after a few seconds of sanity, realized that getting out an exercise machine to work my body out, and then complaining that it was a little heavier than the competition was not very intelligent.  If a few extra pounds give me a little more workout, isn’t that my goal to start with?

The extra pounds seem to contribute to the stiffness of the rails.  When using my Total Gym, anything I did while lying on the board (on the rails) made the rails flex downward.  I constantly felt like I was on a spring, flexing up and down.  I weigh 190 lbs, but even at that, I don’t want my machine to make me feel that it might reach the breaking point while flexing!

For resistance adjustment, the upward/downward adjustment on the vertical arm is similar to the Total Gym, but it seems easier to get the peg into the right hole on the first try.  The pulley and rope system is smooth, and still functioning well after a year.  On my Total Gym, the rubber (or plastic?) coating on the cables started peeling off after a few months, leaving me with pulleys that were partly coated with plastic, and partly not.  Made it rough traveling through the pulleys.  I’m much happier with Vigor Fit’s ropes.

The attachments (foot bar, foot board, and upper bar) all attach easily and quickly.  The main board is long enough that I can alternate between pull-ups on the upper bar, and overhead push-ups using the lower bar without any need to remove either bar between exercises.  The range of resistance is great – I admit to not yet having to use the resistance bands.  However, at my age (67) I readily admit that I will use much less than most younger users.  I’m maxed out in pull-ups, but just add a few more reps, instead of using the resistance bands.

Now to the cons:  After a year, I’ve only found one thing that I’m not satisfied with – and it’s very minor.  When doing exercises where the two ropes are pulled alternately (such as isolating biceps one-at-a-time), the rope doesn’t slide freely over the main pulley.  There is just a little scraping of the rope.  I’ve found that the two small plastic guide clips are rotated toward the back of the pulley, and scrape on the rope.  However, by manually reaching the clips, and rotating them toward the front of the pulley (the area where the rope does not wrap around), then the ropes freely glide around the pulley.  I’ve made this 5-second adjustment in the pulley clips just a part of my regular set-up routine, so it doesn’t really bother me.

Maybe some people are so excited about getting their exercise machine out and using it that they just can’t wait!  I’m not one of those people.  Most of the time, I view it as a necessary chore, needed to keep the aging body in decent shape.  However, I admit that after I pull the machine out, and start with the biceps exercise, the smoothness of the gliding pulleys, and the feel of being on a quality machine takes over, and I start to enjoy my exercise routine!  I’m constantly pleased with how my attitude turns from a feeling of drudgery to a feeling of satisfaction, once I start a few exercises!  If you are the type person that can’t wait to get started on your exercises, congratulations, and I envy you that enthusiasm.  But the Vigor Fit helps me to be faithful in doing my exercises – something that the Total Gym didn’t do.

One last comparison note.  Several times in folding my Total Gym, I pinched my fingers in the mechanism.  No such problem with Vigor Fit!  After more than a year, I’m very satisfied, and am glad I made the choice I did!

Hope this review helps you make a wise choice.
11 comment58 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2014
I did not buy from Amazon but directly from the company but I wanted to let you know about my experience.

I purchased this and received it in early December. It came partially assembled with the seat attached to the frame. Right off the bat I noticed a dent in the right frame that supports the seat but it wasn't very big and I thought, no big deal...right?!? I didn't use it right away and have only used it about a dozen times since I bought it. I noticed immediately that there was a grinding sound when I used it but thought maybe it is just a sound that would go away with some use. It didn't go away so I had my husband look at it and the bottom of the right frame bar on which the seat rests was scratched down to the metal. I called the company and Michelle calls me back. I do admit, they got back to me promptly. I send her a photo of the damage. Tells me to take the seat off and look at the rollers. No easy feat, the seat was attached when it arrived. You need two wrenches to do this. It turns out that the bottom right bolt wasn't adequately tightened and it was protruding to the point of scraping the paint and metal. She then tells me that in the assembly instructions it says to make sure all the bolts are tightened. WHO KNEW I WAS SUPPOSED TO DISASSEMBLE THE attached SEAT to make sure they had tightened the bolts were tightened properly? She is saying that the one year, they pay shipping warranty' doesn't cover this because I didn't make sure the bolts were on correctly. So then, perhaps fitness bargain should send it completely unassembled so people don't assume they know what they are doing when they partially assemble it before it is sent.
She then asks me to send her a picture of the protruding bolt...which I had already sent her. The seat moving is still making a grinding noise although we can't see anything else that is causing the noise and she wants me to take the seat off...again.

I guess the biggest thing that bothers me is I did a lot of research on this type of exercise equipment and I chose the Vigorfit because of the 'amazing' warrantee and the fact that I wanted to help the little guy, the company competing against the Total Gym and the Total Trainer. I think this could be a really great gym but the problems I'm having negate 'what could be'. I'm just really sad that I was so wrong about this company. I am still in contact with the company and I'm hoping I have a better resolution than many of the other people who have complained of poor customer service.
66 comments54 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 11, 2010
I got my vigorfit directly from the website([...]). It was shipped the next day arrived in perfet condition from Fedex 5 days after ordering. It is very well made and provides smooth movement. It also does not take long to get a good workout, as transitioning from one exercise to another takes little to no time at all. The only thing I have against it is that it is not made in America. I would recommend it though.
0Comment34 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2012
I got the VigorFit about three years ago (not through Amazon but direct through the company) and, after reading some of the reviews here, I thought I would throw my 2-cents into the mix.

I am somewhat modest and I do not like going OUT to gyms AT ALL (I have had several gym memberships over the years, too, and I've always let them lapse). I prefer to work out privately at home and have done so over time with moderate to good results (free weights, aerobics, push-up bars, etc.).

Prior to my purchase of VigorFit, I had watched the Total Gym adverts (and other exercise equipment) on TV, but not being a big Chuck Norris fan, I avoided buying it primarily because if Chuck is involved, I don't want to give any company he's a spokesman for my business.

Also, what Total Gym ads do not tell you is that to get the one that's being advertised on the infomercial, you've got to pay extra (and the basic Total Gym ain't cheap y'all).

I actually found VigorFit by accident on the internet and what caught my eye was the price and their own comparisons to Total Gym. For me, the price was right, the VigorFit web-site is a very, very good sell, and the reviews all indicated to me that this was no "fly-by-night-jump-on-the-bandwagon" product.

The VigorFit arrived quickly, although part of the container box was damaged (bent and slightly torn). But, the Vigorfit was very well-packaged and there was no damage to the machine itself. (I also got the Vigorfit Bike which is extra cost but very reasonable.)

I am mechanically-challenged and instruction sheet-challenged, but I had NO problems putting the machine together. It took me about 1-1/2 hours to set it up and I followed the clear, concise instructions to a "T", so for me (this time) it was easy.

I started out OK using the VigorFit, then life got in the way, stuff came up and had to be dealt with and the machine sat there for a long while in my bedroom.

Finally, all the "stuff" was resolved and this past January (2012), I decided it is "now or never" to use the VigorFit. So, I again studied the exercise guide-book, practised the exercises (practise makes perfect!), and began a daily exercise routine. I also studied and practised with the Pilates straps and the VigorFit Bike.

I can say this about VigorFit since I began to use it regularly: IT IS FANTASTIC! The exercises are varied and as one increases one's strength and endurance and does each exercise with increasing ease, one goes up to the next level of resistance. Or, one can do several variations on a theme, so versatile is the VigorFit machine and so varied are the exercise routines.

This machine is so good and the exercises are so good and the resistance levels are so good that I have yet to reach the absolute peak with Vigorfit! Even better, I look forward every day when I get home from work to exercise on the machine because the exercises are fun, challenging and, believe me, you can see results (and results are VERY important)!

I also recommend getting the VigorFit Bike which is why, I think, Vigorfit is so much fun. For example, I set-up the VigorFit Bike, adjust the resistance, set an incline level, get the MP3 player plugged into the "House Music" playlist, and then pedal away. I started out at 10 minutes, then 15, then 20, then 30; I am now up to 50 minutes without stopping! My goal is now 60 minutes. Even at 50 minutes, the time flies buy (the music helps) and when it's over, you feel like you're just getting started!

The Pilates straps are good for weekends or those times when I sense that the body just needs some good, gentle stretching. When they are done correctly and oh-so-slowly, the stretching is so invigorating and relaxing, plus Pilates helps build core strength and (I think) allows one to strengthen those muscles within the muscles for a much better, over-all fitness.

I am 63 years old and I have NEVER been as physically fit as I am with VigorFit. I receive compliments all the time. For the first time, I have ABS. I have strength. I have endurance. I am in-line skating weekends and leaving much younger people in the dust (I am skating 5-6 hours non-stop and never feel tired!)

People always ask me how old I am (because they say body-wise, I look like I'm early 30's; I say "body-wise" because my hair is almost completely white and life has given me a few wrinkles, ya know?). They ask me how I keep so fit and trim. I tell them: VigorFit (well, diet too, but I've always maintained a sensible diet (lacto-ovo vegetarian; I do not like junk food and never did--it's a moral thing with me--too many starving people in the world to indulge myself with non-essential comestibles)).

VigorFit was my choice for a home exercise gym and I have not been disappointed. And, I haven't even gotten even 1/4 of the way through all it's resistance levels and its varied exercise routines!

Also, I have spoken to Customer Service twice. Very helpful. I have asked several questions via e-mail. Very helpful. In all ways, VigorFit customer service has been fine with me.

I cannot recommend VigorFit enough! Just remember. Exercise machines do nothing if you don't use them. I recommend practising for a week or so all the exercises before doing anything. Do the exercises slowly as you learn them and how to target the muscles the exercises are designed for. It makes a HUGE difference in the quality of your workout and the results. If you do that, then when you do start using VigorFit regularly, you will not hurt yourself or get frustrated.

Fitness--good, lasting physical fitness--takes time, dedication and correct execution. Get a good diet, too. If you want to see results with VigorFit (or any exercise program), diet is very important.

So, if you're thinking of a home gym, and you don't want to pay through the nose like you would with a Total Gym (or other home gyms) AND you want REAL EXCELLENT DURABLE quality, then I cannot recommend VigorFit enough!

It is one of the BEST products I have ever purchased. I LOVE IT!
22 comments55 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2015
I've had this machine for MANY years. I've moved and lost one in a flood. I've never replaced it with anything else and I'll tell you why.

This machine is built like a mack truck. Delivered to your door for free, but it is heavy, because it is solid steel and will last a lifetime. More intelligently designed than the total gym, far more stable and in about 15 years I've never had a problem, I used to be extremely fit and active, but over time, dislocations, surgery, age and illness all took their toll. However, this machine never stopped serving me and aided in physical therapy more than once. A nice workout can be had in ten minutes, and there is nothing that beats not having to go somewhere else to workout.

Yes is does take up space, yes it is heavy but it's easy to get started, it's like 99% assembled. Now I will tell you that to ship it, the manufacturer wrapped it to survive a fall from an airplane. Make sure you have a small sharp instrument (like a straight razor blade) or you will struggle with the packaging. I've ordered three of these (one for someone else) and have never seen so much as a scratch.

This is the last product you will ever need, it's not very expensive and you will always be able to sell it to someone if you get too lazy. BUT, buy it from the manufacturer at their website $397 + free shipping.
on January 1, 2016
I've had a Total Gym for 15 years and just felt I out grew it. I came upon the VigorFit while searching the web for an alternative piece of equipment.
With the price and additional resistance available on this machine as the deciding factor, I purchased it keeping my fingers crossed I wasn't suckered into buying a pile of junk. I will voice the ONE negative to this machine; it doesn't set up and break down as simply as the Total Gym. You need to insert 4 pins and thread a wing nut on each side that retains the bench to the frame. That takes about 5 to 10 minutes and what sucks about that is the need to do it each time you want to work out, leaving the machine open is not an option.
Now a few of the positives.
The machine is smooth, pretty quiet, the pulleys are articulated so as not to have the cords bind and twist up. The handles are adjustable buy undoing the cord and adding or subtracting length of rope. There are 15 levels, a bar that will hold an additional 100 pounds of weight plates and 5 elastic cords that add even more resistance. I'm willing to bet there aren't many people out there who will be able to use the full amount of resistance this machine offers. I have set up a few different programs to use depending on my level of energy. On days when work has beaten me up, I keep the resistance low and reps high and perform 2 warm up sets and 4 working sets. On days where I'm full of energy I do high resistance, low reps and supplement with a few free weight exercises. I did the "heavy workout" yesterday and feel every muscle worked this evening.
I am 2 months short of my 56th birthday and know full well I will use this machine until I can no longer function as a human being!!!!
review image
on August 17, 2015
I giving this VirgoFit a 5 star rating! I purchased this total fitness machine 7 years ago I let it sit in my bedroom for 2 years hanging my laundry, then one day, I had to have a small surgery because of a heel spur after my pre ops I was told I was diabetic. I seen my dads face in front of me and all the misery that came along. I started to use the fitness bench like my religion watched what I ate! I lost 50lbs. Reversed my diabetes to border line, my only medicine. Satisfaction guaranteed! FIrgoFit has been great after all these years where they have replaced my tension bands do too my everyday work outs from being worn.
I'm grateful for there excellent customer service genuine people😉
Excellent price it will transform your body!
on June 7, 2015
Well-Made, Versatile Machine At A Great Price.
This machine is sturdy, well designed, and the manual gives you over a hundred useful exercises - including Pilates.
It has a 5 elastic band resistance system that enables you to incrementally add nearly 200 pounds of resistance in addition to the 15 increases available by increasing the angle of the board slide. Plus, it comes with a weight bar that you can use to add up to another 100 pounds. I am 75, do a moderate workout every day and play tennis twice a week. The VigorFit has enabled me to greatly expand and improve my regimen of regular workouts to maintain fitness and flexibility. Since receiving the gym I have received several helpful follow up emails from Fitness Bargains with tips about how to train most effectively. I paid $397 for my gym with free delivery from Fitness Bargains. In my opinion, the TotalGym products available for that kind of money do not provide as much value. They probably have a lot of marketing expense that Fitness Bargains avoids.
I am a very satisfied customer. If you think you might be interested in owning a VigorFit, I suggest that you look them up on Google or Bing. Their web site will allow you to request an email of the entire owners manual so you can study how to set the machine up and perform all of the exercises. That was what convinced me to buy one.
on December 18, 2015
A friend mentioned this product to me and I took a look and decided to try it out. Looked a little too good to be true - with all the features included for such a reasonable price. I did initially have buyer's regret until the product showed up at my door. I was so excited to see it - I lugged it up the stairwell myself into my new gym room. The packaging was pretty incredible. It is double boxed with thick cardboard and all the parts stored safely. After unpacking - I launched the "How to setup" video on my iPad. That was a great help. I could backup, pause and review whenever needed. Was very straightforward. My biggest issue was that I didn't have it fully extended like it stated so the holes they mentioned weren't visible. Once setup - how cool! I love this thing! It has all the features I ever need and a great workout manual with all the workouts included (correct positions/how to). I had a cheaper model Total Gym years ago that I liked OK - but got annoyed with as it was difficult to raise/lower and had limited features. This VigorFit is cake to raise/lower and add the pull bar or other attachments. I just cancelled my $94/mo gym membership as I feel I am getting a better workout now. This will pay for itself in 4 months. I don't write many reviews - but felt this product deserved the recognition! I highly recommend!