Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

on July 24, 2014
Betty Lou Phillps.. AHHHHHHHHHHH. This is my favorite book of hers.. Fabulously designed BIG Homes.. I wonder why she has never been featured in Architectural Digest.. The photo's are exquisite.. When I need to be inspired to freshen up my home and get some pep in my designer's heart.. I can always depend on Betty to give me a new view.. .
on April 22, 2008
Sadly only three out of nearly 200 pages of photos inspired me. The few pictures that caught my attention had nothing to do with interior design. The style of the rooms were so bland. Though Philips showcased many homes throughout Texas, most shown had the same color scheme and no personality. I felt as though I were looking at the same home page after page. If you're looking for authentic French and Italian decor, you won't find it here.

However this may be the perfect book for someone who lives in Texas (numerous resources listed in the back) and if your design aesthetic includes yellow painted walls with rooms furnished in dark mahogany wood.
on December 7, 2012
I have all her books, there is something about how she lays out a book... The pics are great and adaptable to anyone... I think out of all the over 100 design, etc. books I have, this one I reference often...
on August 1, 2006
Although I have a much smaller home, I am using much of the design elements by Ms. Phillips in the renovation of my home.
on March 8, 2016
I am extremely dissatisfied with this purchase . There were several pages cut out of the book and also pictures from some of the pages. I took it with me to enjoy on a weekend trip and found it pretty disturbing that this item could be sold in this conditional!
on March 10, 2006
This decorating book has plenty of pictures, but I was a little disappointed that the only color scheme included was monochromatic. This is a very soothing look, but after a while the pictures start to look the same. I was hoping for some different ideas, but this book showed pretty much one idea throughout.

The only other issue I had was the tiny font used for the picture captions. Yes, I have reading glasses, but I seldom need them for casual reading. Perhaps a bit larger font would have made this book more enjoyable for me.
on August 31, 2010
The decor in this book is grandiose and busy. Unless you own a grandiose house and don't actually live in it, you may find little in this book to apply to your situation. If you live in a typical house and want a Tuscan flair, you would do well to look elsewhere.
on February 26, 2014
Fun and fanciful usage of color and texture. You notice the accomplished of combining accessories, furniture pieces and fabrics, influenced from her travels. You shall have perfect enjoyment when studying these pages.
on July 10, 2006
So many lovely pictures! I am using many of the design ideas in decorating my new kitchen and breakfast room in the Country French style. I would recommend this book to everyone who is a visual learner.
on May 30, 2007
Nice book that inspires you to use ideas from it, for your own client design projects