Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:49 Mins
UPDATE: 4/13/2014 - Had my first bottle of wine that this had a difficult time getting the cork out of. The cork was in so solidly that it could not get enough pressure in the bottle to pop the cork out. I had to give it a little tug to assist. Probably not a good way to do it but...

I've seen a lot of ways to open a...
Published 5 months ago by M. Erb

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work well with all styles of bottles
The size of the sleeve which fits over the neck of the bottle prevents the use of the opener on most bottles with a flared lip at the top (often sealed with a wax disk rather than a capsule). Otherwise it seems to work well.
Published 4 months ago by A Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fast and interesting way to open a bottle of wine, Just be careful of the sharp needle, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Vinara Wine Bottle Opener Cork Remover Easy Air Pump Pressure
Length:: 1:49 Mins

I've seen a lot of ways to open a bottle of wine but this way is one of the coolest.

The Vinara Wine Bottle Opener uses a sharp, hollow needle to inject air into the unopened bottle of wine. The increased air pressure literally pushes the cork out of the bottle. It only takes about 3 or 4 pumps to get the cork out and it's so fast and easy to use, I think it might just be my favorite way to open wine now.

I think my video explains it better than words so just watch the video to see how it works. Basically you place the tip of the needle in the center of the cork and slowly press down and allow the plastic sleeve to go over the neck of the bottle as the needle is inserted. Once it's in you just pump a few times and the cork will magically pop right out of the bottle. You then slide the cork off the needle using the plastic disc that is attached to the bottle opener. Quite clever how this works.

It works best on real cork, but also works on synthetic corks. Not so well on solid plastic corks or corks with wax tops on them such as the cork used on Toasted Head Chardonnay.

But please be careful with this and keep it away from children. The needle is extremely sharp and could be quite dangerous in the wrong hands.

I was provided a sample for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A novel but very effective, easy to use device, April 6, 2014
Length:: 0:49 Mins

Compared to using a conventional corkscrew, using injected air pressure to pop a cork out of a bottle of wine is almost effortless. My wife used the opener while I videoed her, and it took six pumps to pop the cork, although I could see the cork loosening after the fourth pump. The total time required was noticeably less than a conventional corkscrew would have taken, and there was much less effort required. A rabbit-type cork remover is about as fast, but they cost a lot more than the Vinara air pump remover.

On a few occasions, I remember removing corks with corkscrews and making a mess of the cork, and there were little bits of cork in the wine. With the air pump pressure removal, there's almost no chance of that, since the cork pops out so cleanly.

It's definitely worth a try for any wine drinker.

A product sample was provided for review purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars My emergency cork tool, April 1, 2014
In a moment of synchronicity my review sample of this opener arrived the same day I wanted to share a bottle of Bordeaux with a friend. I have nearly a case of that particular wine and was dreading opening a bottle because the corks in them had dried and were difficult to cleanly open. This opener saved the day.

This is a relatively simple tool to operate. Remove the foil top, insert the 'needle', cover the top of the bottle and pump. The instructions claim five to ten strokes, but after only two the cork in my problematic bottle unseated and was easing up from the bottle. After five strokes of the pump it was out and completely intact. There was not a speck of cork in the wine itself.

I love the design, and especially the slightly knurled handle that allows a positive grip. The shape or the handle also helps to grip it well enough to perform the pumping operation in a stable manner.

Of course this is designed to work with cork and not the synthetic substitutes. It's also not designed for sparkling wines. In fact, while this works perfectly and saved my day, I will probably use it for wines with dried, genuine corks like the Bordeaux I mentioned, and use my trusty corkscrew for everything else. That is no reflection on the utility of function of this opener as much as I am just set in my ways. However, for those problematic corks, there is no better way to cleanly remove them than this opener in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great..., April 4, 2014
I am very impressed with pressure cork popper. It is just so much easier than the monstrosity I have been using.
All you do is cut the metal on the top of the bottle, insert the needle and give it a number of pumps. Voila, the cork is out of the bottle!

The ease of use and the low price make this a 5 star product for me. I don't think you can go wrong here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, May 25, 2014
Good product; works exactly as advertised. However, the instructions don't tell you how to get cork off of the needle. For cork ejection, slide the outer ring around the clear plastic cylinder towards the end of the needle. Note: there is a video included as part of the product reviews that shows this action.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool and it works!!, August 6, 2014
This is my favorite wine opener and with a cool factor. I was lucky enough to get in early and bought 4 at $5 each. Price has gone up since.
First, let me say that I tried many different types of openers, and my favorites are the Vinara, hinged cork screw, an ah-so, in that order. I will rate all of them from last to first.

3rd place: Ah- so is great and my go to for the higher end wines. Last thing I need is broken cork on old expensive wines. The thinner the tines the better. You can use it to save broken corks in the bottle most if the time. You generally get a clean cork for keepsake too. Although this has a great cool factor, problem is it takes longer to uncork a bottle, especially for a novice user. Also, care needs to be taken as there is a lot of pressure on the neck of the bottle which can shatter in your hands. It can be difficult if you do not know what you are doing.

2nd Place: Tried and true corkscrew is the no nonsense opener. Inexpensive, quick, easy and reliable. Unfortunately no cool factor. Problem on these are the screw, which can be difficult to center and easily bent, which mean it becomes useless. At the price, throw it away and get a new one. It can also tear up a cork which can be a problem if you wish to keep it.

1st place: Vinara is easy, quick, effective. It feels well built and not cheap feeling despite the plastic. Insertion is easy, couple of pumps and pop, uncorked bottle. Cork is easily removed and results in a clean cork, with only a pin hole, every time (for those that like to keep the corks). Oh, and a super cool factor. My rating is 4.5 stars, so why not 5 stars? There are some corks that it does not work well on, but it is not a certain type of cork. I think it is how the bottle is pressurized. I am guessing that any air leak or air pockets left in the bottle can require more pumps, but it will uncork eventually. I never had one that did not come out. Some synthetic cork take 3 pumps some take 8. Most natural corks work fine. A couple of times some wine leaked out of the sides, but this is rare. Another negative for purists is it sounds like opening Champagne every time.

However with all that said this is my go to wine opener by far. The only time I use the hinged cork screw is to cut the foil.

5.0 out of 5 stars On the subject of wine..., April 20, 2014
VINARA has covered all bases. This very practical and problem solving wine bottle opener does away with the problem of broken corks and straining inelegantly to open a bottle. The air pump inserts in the corks using a strong Teflon needle which is inside a cage that fits securely over the top of the neck of the bottle, then give a few pumps and out comes the cork without hassle or spilling! A very nice addition to the home. Grady Harp, April 14

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic!, July 10, 2014
My husband and I think this is great! Very easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014