Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vinara Wine Opener Foil Remover Sharp 4 Wheel Wine Foil Cutter with Magnets, (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

I have a waiters corkscrew that has a serrated knife on it for cutting the foil off of a bottle of wine. But this type of wheel foil cutter is by far an easier way to remove the foil as far as I'm concerned. All you have to do is place if over the top of the bottle, give a little twist back and forth and the foil is cleanly cut and easily removed.

It's quick and easy.

This particular foil cutter doesn't seem as robust and strudy as another brand that I use (Screwpull, Made in France) but it is similar in function and as long as it holds up, I'll rate it 4 stars. If need be, I'll update my review.

I received a sample for review.
on March 5, 2014
Hate to wait for my chardonnay! This is a great little tool to get to cork in a jiffy. Buy two, just in case it breaks, though it is holding up like a champ. Just don't ever want to waste time finding a sharp knife. :-)
on June 10, 2014
I was putting together a wine basket for a co-worker and wanted to include a nice bottle of wine .. I saw the Vinara reviews and I decided to purchase several items. I got his foil cutter and my friend was really impressed. I did notice the nice quality and that it has magnets to easily keep it in the refrigerator. It is easy to use and easy to hold. I bought one for myself after getting it. I used it for a party I hosted and it was so easy to use and it did not loose it sharpness. I have a high recomendation. A++++
on December 7, 2014
The product worked wonderfully until it came apart. If you look at the four little discs you'll notice that they just go into the platic part, but there is nothing to really keep them in place. I had one simply start sliding out every time I'd use it, and then suddenly wouldn't stay in. The device with only three discs simply does work. The idea is great, but it could use some finetuning.
on December 15, 2014
I'm a bartender for banquets, so I open a lot of bottles of wine. Unfortunately, this only made it through 3 weddings; however, if you consider that I opened probably 60 bottles of wine, it may be all that you need for normal household use.
on March 15, 2014
We've been drinking wine for years, and are constantly using foil cutters to open the bottles. I'm always replacing them with locally bought items which turn out to be junk. Some of them are so "cheap" they only have two instead of four wheels for cutting - can you believe it? At other times the cutter will twist in your hand, or the wheels will fall off. One time the cutter broke in half. I found this product on Amazon. Although a little pricey, it works like a charm. The cutter is sturdy and won't twist in your hand. It has FOUR cutting wheels, which are very sharp. The foil will cut completely with as little as a half-turn. I love this cutter and highly recommend it.
on January 1, 2014
I needed to replace the foil cutter in a wine kit that I owned and this did the job perfectly. Great price, solid product, good quality, and it works very well. I would definitely recommend it.
on August 8, 2014
I ordered two of these foil cutters at the same time. This one still has not have a problem with one of the razor wheels being dislodged. Generically, I think both units are the same, and I think the real secret with using either product is making sure that the foil is completely cut and then removing the foil cutter. My guess is that the problem is the delicate nature of the four cutting wheels to any kind of vertical movement.

So in summary, just be sure that the foil is totally cut before you try to lift it off.

UPDATE: Both cutters have lost at least one wheel with only moderate use in four months. Junk -- DO NOT BUY!
on August 1, 2014
It is a Good Item to take off the top cover of Wine bottle; I even got it for a friends because they were impressed. I worked in Wineries before and can say, using this is a Easier way to get into a Good Wine!
on June 7, 2016
I was hesitant to purchase this particular brand because of the poor reviews. However, I've been using this for the past year and haven't had any problems and it still works great. I've probably opened about 30 wines with this and for this price point I think this has been a steal! I used to never use a foil remover and now I'm so glad I bought one.

See 1 answered question