Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

I have a waiters corkscrew that has a serrated knife on it for cutting the foil off of a bottle of wine. But this type of wheel foil cutter is by far an easier way to remove the foil as far as I'm concerned. All you have to do is place if over the top of the bottle, give a little twist back and forth and the foil is cleanly cut and easily removed.

It's quick and easy.

This particular foil cutter doesn't seem as robust and strudy as another brand that I use (Screwpull, Made in France) but it is similar in function and as long as it holds up, I'll rate it 4 stars. If need be, I'll update my review.

I received a sample for review.
22 comments21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2014
I was putting together a wine basket for a co-worker and wanted to include a nice bottle of wine .. I saw the Vinara reviews and I decided to purchase several items. I got his foil cutter and my friend was really impressed. I did notice the nice quality and that it has magnets to easily keep it in the refrigerator. It is easy to use and easy to hold. I bought one for myself after getting it. I used it for a party I hosted and it was so easy to use and it did not loose it sharpness. I have a high recomendation. A++++
on March 5, 2014
Hate to wait for my chardonnay! This is a great little tool to get to cork in a jiffy. Buy two, just in case it breaks, though it is holding up like a champ. Just don't ever want to waste time finding a sharp knife. :-)
on January 1, 2014
I needed to replace the foil cutter in a wine kit that I owned and this did the job perfectly. Great price, solid product, good quality, and it works very well. I would definitely recommend it.
on January 22, 2014
This foil cutter does a good job and remains sharp for a long time. I have one and have given several as gifts (tied to a bottle of wine).
on August 8, 2014
I ordered two of these foil cutters at the same time. This one still has not have a problem with one of the razor wheels being dislodged. Generically, I think both units are the same, and I think the real secret with using either product is making sure that the foil is completely cut and then removing the foil cutter. My guess is that the problem is the delicate nature of the four cutting wheels to any kind of vertical movement.

So in summary, just be sure that the foil is totally cut before you try to lift it off.

UPDATE: Both cutters have lost at least one wheel with only moderate use in four months. Junk -- DO NOT BUY!
on December 7, 2014
The product worked wonderfully until it came apart. If you look at the four little discs you'll notice that they just go into the platic part, but there is nothing to really keep them in place. I had one simply start sliding out every time I'd use it, and then suddenly wouldn't stay in. The device with only three discs simply does work. The idea is great, but it could use some finetuning.
on March 5, 2014
Quick! Super Easy! Smooth! Fabulous tool. Gives a good clean top for De-corking wines. Must have for any wine lover.
on December 15, 2014
I'm a bartender for banquets, so I open a lot of bottles of wine. Unfortunately, this only made it through 3 weddings; however, if you consider that I opened probably 60 bottles of wine, it may be all that you need for normal household use.
on July 9, 2014
Item works great. Better than some pricier ones I've gotten. Thanks!

See 1 answered question