5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS BAG!!!!
I just purchased this bag from Amazon last week, and I love it! It arrived within two days, even though I selected the free shipping.
The quality is great,nice stitching, nice grain of leather, and it is VERY sturdy, but not too heavy. I saw this bag in Best Buys two weeks ago for $99.99, and it was $77. on Amazon!
I have a Toshiba 15.6 screen laptop and was...
Published on November 17, 2009 by N. Clark

2.0 out of 5 stars A true bucket
Published 9 months ago by Maude A.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS BAG!!!!, November 17, 2009
N. Clark (Columbus, OHio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solo Vintage Collection, Ladies Leather Bucket Tote for Laptops up to 16 Inches, Espresso with Kingfisher Blue Lining (VTA802-3) (Personal Computers)
I have a Toshiba 15.6 screen laptop and was worried about the size of the laptop compartment, but my laptop fit fine, and the laptop compartment closes like an envelope, with velcro all the way across the flap to secure my computer. I've never done an Amazon review, but this bag was so nice, I had to comment. Definitely feminine enough, and a welcome change from the briefcase/messenger bag.
The straps are cushioned and comfortable. There are pockets and compartments for accessories, makeup, cell phone, wallet, etc. This bag is attractive enough to double as a purse. I was even able to put my lunch and a bottle of water in the large compartment, and it was nice to only have to carry ONE BAG to work! I am already receiving compliments on the bag from my colleagues! I live in a cold climate, and the bag fit comfortably over my parka. The straps are a great length. If you have to sit the bag on the floor, it stands up straight and has feet on the bottom.
Nice job Solo Products. The ONLY drawback is that I was unable to find this bag in black. If a black one comes out, I will purchase it in a heartbeat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Beautiful, Lush Laptop Bag!, June 21, 2009
I just bought this Solo Bucket Bag after being bored stiff by the usual styles available and absolutely loved it at first inspection and still do. I find the oversized, padded handles extremely comfortable - don't even feel it on my shoulder. The interior padded compartment for the computer is protective with a nice velcro flap and no zippers to scratch the case. Plenty of room and pockets for all the extras, and the bucket bottom with feet is very stable. It definitely is genuine leather, soft and supple. The style is feminine instead of boxy and all-business, yet makes a professional impression. Could double as a beautiful handbag on its own, in my view. I wouldn't change a thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Wanted, November 25, 2012
Megmag (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
First off, for those who complain that this bag is "too big", what did you expect? If you need a bag that holds a 15.4" laptop and you want room to carry other stuff, guess what? You need a large bag. If you are under 5'4", you may want to reconsider buying a vertically oriented bag, as it will hang awkwardly. But if you are tall enough, this bag is perfection. I'm 5'6.5" and it hits at the top of my thigh. The vertical orientation distributes the weight of the laptop evenly, resulting in less pressure on your shoulder. The leather is high quality, and richly colored. The side pocket is convenient (esp. for those who mentioned "losing" items at the bottom) for storing small items such as keys. There are side pockets for cell phones and pens, and plenty of room for additional files. I am able to fit my laptop, charger, a notebook, AND my small purse--combining the items so that I can carry on my luggage and this bag. The back panel fits easily over my luggage handle, and has a zippered bottom so it converts nicely to an additional side pocket when you aren't traveling. The lining is a deep turquoise blue. Another review mentioned that the lining seemed "cheap." I disagree. It is a very thick nylon--not glamourous or sexy by any means, but very sturdy.

I've only had the bag a few weeks, so I can't comment on the durability. . .yet. But I am really rough on my laptop bags, so I will check back in with an update in six months or so.

In the meantime, thanks to all the other reviewers for your solid comments--very helpful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Bucket Laptop Tote, February 8, 2008
This tote is pretty nice. The leather seems to be good quality. It easily holds my MacBook Pro and my D300 camera with room left over. The pouches are roomy and I use this for more than just a laptop tote. I am really enjoying this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, January 30, 2010
Sharon M. Frank (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews
I must have looked at over a thousand bags and read hundreds of reviews before I decided on this one. It is just as wonderful as the reviews portrayed. It has all the features I was looking for: Under 100 dollars, leather, outside pocket, stylish enough to use as a purse, colorful lining, feet, and roomy interior. Plus it has the bonus feature of being able to slide over the handle of your carry on bag. It is great for every day use and for traveling. I only wish there was more of a color choice: specifically black.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 3, 2011
This bag makes me feel like Mary Poppins. I half expect to pull a lampshade out when I'm unpacking. It's so big but because of the vertical shape it looks a reasonable size.

It's very study- I lug my laptop, folder, chargers, lunch, and makeup etc around in it everyday. There are small signs of wear but it's the kind of bag that looks better the longer you have it, like an old leather jacket. The wear is purely cosmetic, the stitching etc is holding up perfectly.

Some people have mentioned not knowing what the straps inside the bag are for. Mine seem to keep the shape of the bag nicely, I also use them to attach my keys to so they don't get lost at the bottom.

The front section is useful for phones, the laptop section is very well padded, it balances on it's own when on the floor, and the interior is a lovely colour. I recently used this as a carry on for a long flight. It was great but I had to be careful things didn't fall out when it was under the seat as there is no zip at the top.

Overall it's a perfect work bag. Everything fits in it, it's as comfortable as can be reasonably expected when carrying so much. It looks professional but not executive. Perfect.

2.0 out of 5 stars A true bucket, March 11, 2014
Nice leather and a good shape make this a pretty bag. But when they call it a "bucket," they mean it! There's no top zipper, snap or even a flap to keep the top closed and covered. I don't feel comfortable carrying my expensive electronics in a bag with a completely open top. Nor would I care to see my papers, mail, or whatever falling onto the floor if the bag tipped over, so I returned it. It doesn't make much sense to label it a "laptop" bag. It's not a fashionable briefcase; it is a classy and sturdy tote.

5.0 out of 5 stars All I get are compliments, April 23, 2013
The time had come to buy a new laptop bag. After looking around at the ultra-girlie choices and the conservative gender neutral options, the SOLO Vintage Collection, Ladies Leather Bucket Tote was a reoccurring option on both Amazon.com and the rest of the web. This bag offered a good balance between style and function. Once I get the bag home I was even more impressed with the quality of the SOLO Vintage Collection, Ladies Leather Bucket Tote. I do get compliments everywhere I go.

Pop for the leather, it is durable yet soft to the touch and it is holding up well under daily wear and tear. The rivets on the bottom of the bag do a decent job of protecting the bag's end. Given the weight of my 16 inch laptop and other items, I am curious to see how the straps will hold up after a year. The bag is well crafted and designed well with a number of pockets appropriately sized for your life and gadgets. The exterior pockets also outfitted with practical pockets is good for quick access items.

If I could alter the bag I would make two suggestions. 1. I would like to see a better top closure mechanism on the bag instead of the two snap buttons mounted on leather straps. 2. On the exterior pocket use a double zipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Bucket Laptop Tote, December 9, 2010
When I received my leather tote bag, I was so excited to open my box up. As soon as I got a hold of my bag, I was in BIG SMILES, cause I know that not one of my friends own my bag. First day I used it my kid said mom, i like ur bag. And then so my friends noticed my bag and asked me where I got it, i told them AMAZON.COM. I LOVE MY Tote bag....SO MUCH ROOM, AND I LOVE THE FACT THAT I STAND OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CROWD. I AM ALSO THINKING OF GETTING ANOTHER ONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Purchase, Rather Large, April 23, 2013
J. O'Donnell (Washington D.C., USA) - See all my reviews
I gave this product five stars instead of four because I believe that the high craftmanship, good quality, and practical functionality overshadow its flaws, which are few.

First, let me preface my purchase: Two years ago, I bought a Leather Solo Vintage backpack for college. No single item has ever resulted in so many compliments. People always told me that they liked my bag.

Keeping this in mind, I wanted to get something for my girlfriend when she graduated college. It was time to retire the pink plaid college backpack and promote her to something more professional, yet still functional.

That's what makes this tote such a great purchase. The leather design shouts "professional." She can wear this with a summer dress to class, but she can also wear it with a blazer to work. The versatility makes it highly functional. The design is conservative, yet unique. The dark coffee color of the leather allows the user to match with black or brown or any color in between. The inner lining of the bag is a turqoise blue, which creates a nice contrast inside. This is especially useful when looking for items within the tote.

With that said, the tote is large. Very large. But isn't that the purpose? Whether for class or work, this tote acts as the go-to bag. It can carry a 1,300 page poetry book, notebooks, papers, a water bottle, various supplies, AND a 15.4 inch laptop.

My only complaint would be the advertising of the bag. A picture with someone holding the tote under their arm would certainly benefit those who aren't so sure about the size.

Overall, this is my second Solo purchase and I am very satisfied. I look forward to purchasing future products from this company.