Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now May4th

Style: VTA805-4U2|Change
Price:$39.99+ $8.47 shipping

on January 19, 2011
I bought this bag on sale at an office supply store, not through Amazon. But I love it so much, I wanted to leave a review.

First of all, I've seen this bag being sold online for up to $300, but I paid the same sale price listed here (about $80), which is a great deal because this bag is made of real, quality leather. I never thought I could find something like this in my price range.

The color is "espresso." I actually thought it was black when I bought it, but later realized it is a very rich, dark brown color (hence the name). It looks good with any color outfit, though. The canvas on the inside is blue (not pictured here, but you can find other pictures of the inside online).

This bag is great because of the quality and style, but also because of its utility and durability. The leather exterior ensures that your papers and electronics stay dry in wet weather (This is a big deal to me. My old bag was canvas and in heavy rain my books and papers would always get wet). I've been carrying this daily in NYC for 4 months and so far it looks like new (no scuff marks or water stains from raindrops). I really hope that continues.

Inside there is a lightly padded laptop compartment with a velcro strap to hold it in. This compartment can also be used for papers or books. There are three open vertical pockets that can hold pens, cell phones, ipods, glasses, etc. There is also one zippered pocket along the front lining. The bag is able to hold everything I need without being too bulky. On a daily basis I carry one college sized textbook, a folder of papers, everything that would normally go in a purse (wallet, keys, pens, ipod, tissues, etc.), an umbrella, and a water bottle. I don't always carry my laptop with me, but it does fit with all the other items mentioned (I have a 13' MacBook Air with a small power cord. Anything larger wouldn't fit with all the other stuff.)

I would recommend this bag to anybody with similar needs. It's really a great value! If you are looking for a simple laptop case, this might be a bit too roomy for you. It really is more of a "carryall," as the name indicates.
22 comments|171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 3, 2010
I ordered several bags at the same time to compare them side by side: this Solo bag plus the Targus TLT004 15.4 Ladies Deluxe Tote and Mobile Edge Ultra TechTote METU01. The Solo bag is a couple of inches shorter and thus smaller capacity overall which initially concerned me, but I found it to have similar usable space, since the space in the other two bags was divided up into several compartments that don't suit my needs, and the extra height is not useful for a 15" laptop and file folders. In the end the other two seemed obnoxiously large. The Solo bag is definitely of richer quality and style; the other two were pretty mundane black laptop bags and did not look terribly sophisticated or stylish. I decided to keep the Solo bag - My major concern is how the Solo bag will hold up to scuffs and raindrops, but the leather feels soft and high-quality so I presume regular leather care will keep it in good shape. It is a nice style and would be recommended even if you don't put a laptop in it.

Update: a year or so later, the bag still looks like new. I love it!
22 comments|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2014
I really like this bag. I get a lot of compliments (even co-workers eyeing it and threatening to snatch it when I'm away from my desk). The other reviewers' comments about the inconvenience of the front pocket are valid... but I have to admit I'm not sure I would have noticed if I hadn't read the reviews first. I just don't put things in that front little pocket that I'm going to need to get to while walking (and only use one hand). The inside pockets have plenty of space for things you want to grab quickly. The quality of the leather is really nice. The back panel IS fabric instead of leather. But honestly, its not that big of a deal. It is still a really nice quality. I prefer to carry designer purses and this bag does NOT stand out as "low end". It appears the back panel is not leather for a reason. The bottom of the panel unzips so you can slip it over the handle bar of a roller carry on. The fabric used in that area is a very durable, well-secured construction. Also, ALL zippers of the bag work well and feel durable. Regarding the size, I carry my 17.3" laptop. It does come out of the top slightly but perfectly comfortable to carry. (I'll post a photo to demonstrate. It doesn't fit in perfectly, but I thought it was worth noting that you CAN make it work if you really like the bag (like I did) but have a laptop larger than 16". You can't zip it shut, but it fits for transporting the short distances I carry my computer.)
review image review image
on November 17, 2009
I just purchased this bag from Amazon last week, and I love it! It arrived within two days, even though I selected the free shipping.
The quality is great,nice stitching, nice grain of leather, and it is VERY sturdy, but not too heavy. I saw this bag in Best Buys two weeks ago for $99.99, and it was $77. on Amazon!
I have a Toshiba 15.6 screen laptop and was worried about the size of the laptop compartment, but my laptop fit fine, and the laptop compartment closes like an envelope, with velcro all the way across the flap to secure my computer. I've never done an Amazon review, but this bag was so nice, I had to comment. Definitely feminine enough, and a welcome change from the briefcase/messenger bag.
The straps are cushioned and comfortable. There are pockets and compartments for accessories, makeup, cell phone, wallet, etc. This bag is attractive enough to double as a purse. I was even able to put my lunch and a bottle of water in the large compartment, and it was nice to only have to carry ONE BAG to work! I am already receiving compliments on the bag from my colleagues! I live in a cold climate, and the bag fit comfortably over my parka. The straps are a great length. If you have to sit the bag on the floor, it stands up straight and has feet on the bottom.
Nice job Solo Products. The ONLY drawback is that I was unable to find this bag in black. If a black one comes out, I will purchase it in a heartbeat!
on December 20, 2012
I bought this bag specifically to accommodate my laptop and a few other items such as notebooks. The size is adequate; everything I need can easily fit into the pockets and main carriage area. The problem is the lack of quality in the straps. After ONE day of use, the threads that bind the straps came loose and the edge of the straps began to peel. Even though the bag still "works," the frayed edges and loose threads in the straps render it useless for any sort of appropriate usage.
on December 28, 2010
Received this bag today. The entire exterior is made from high quality, heavy gorgeous leather - smells so good.

Not fond of the closure on the laptop portion - the top strips are vertical, the lower strip is horizontal. They don't stick together well at all (see pic). Also not sure what the leather strips inside are for.

But the quality of the bag is so nice, the leather gorgeous and it has so much room. It's exactly what I wanted, and I love it.
review image review image review image
on November 26, 2012
I saw this bag in a smaller size at one of the national office supply stores, and I loved it. I resisted buying because bigger would have been better and the price was high.

Came home and checked out Amazon--and of course, found what I thought was the same bag (it was the same brand) in a bigger size for less money.

I love the soft leather and dark brown color. I love the vertical design. I love the size--as a teacher, its perfect for toting home folders full of student's papers to grade and still have room for my wallet and what-nots, so I only have to carry one bag. The straps are the perfect length to carry the bag on my shoulder.

However, I was very disappointed that the "back-side" of the bag is nylon--the side shown in the picture that fits over the handle of a suitcase. Makes sense for a frequent traveler to have the durability of nylon, but I purchased it to use primarily as an oversized purse/tote bag, I was expecting and would have preferred all leather.

So buyer beware--I don't see anywhere in the product description that one side is nylon. The bag I saw at the national office supply store was all leather. :(
on April 20, 2013
In general, I really like this bag: the leather looks nice, and it's quite capacious. Two possible issues I can see. The first is not a problem for me, but I am tall: It's a very long bag. A colleague of mine who's 5'3" or 5'4" picked it up and the bottom of the bag was almost at her knees. So be aware of this if you're a short person considering this bag. The second issue bugs me on a daily basis: there's only one zipper on the front pocket, and to close it, you have to go all the way around the three sides of the pocket and end up at the bottom corner. If you just want to reach in quickly, you can't just undo a few inches at the top; you have to zip all the way up and around. the positioning of the zipper makes it very hard to work one-handed, so if you want to get in to the front pocket, you basically have to swing the bag around and wedge it against your body to use both hands. It's really inconvenient, and a problem that could have been solved by having zipper tabs come from both bottom corners and meet in the middle of the top of the pocket. As I said, this bugs me daily. But the bag otherwise is good enough that I can overlook this design flaw for now.
on January 15, 2011
I have a 16 inch Sony VIAO, and many laptop bags that are allegedly for larger laptops are skimpy on space(I end up carrying another briefcase) or are too large and bulky. Not this bag. The bag is comfortable to carry, and I can carry it as a bag, or tuck a small handbag into it with my files as my business needs dictate. The compartments are well thought out, and the zippered sleeve that allows the bag to sit securely on my carry on or material cube handle is a home run. The bag works well to isolate your laptop, and it closes with a zipper that can be utilized or left open if you really pack stuff in. Also, the padded laptop area is up towards the top and has a Velcro strap that keeps the laptop secure.

The only negative I can state is the fake leather is REALLY rubbery and super fake feeling (and smells like rubber strongly when first purchased). Appearance is good, and for the price I did not expect actual leather. I am tough on bags, and this seems to take the abuse I dish out on a daily basis.
on June 21, 2009
I just bought this Solo Bucket Bag after being bored stiff by the usual styles available and absolutely loved it at first inspection and still do. I find the oversized, padded handles extremely comfortable - don't even feel it on my shoulder. The interior padded compartment for the computer is protective with a nice velcro flap and no zippers to scratch the case. Plenty of room and pockets for all the extras, and the bucket bottom with feet is very stable. It definitely is genuine leather, soft and supple. The style is feminine instead of boxy and all-business, yet makes a professional impression. Could double as a beautiful handbag on its own, in my view. I wouldn't change a thing.