5.0 out of 5 stars Wine Aerator
Published on January 2, 2009 by J. Cart

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Suitable As Gift Due to Shipping Method
Ordered two aerators for gifts; received both in USPS Priority Mail Tyvek envelope with no internal bubble wrap or protection to ensure the integrity of the original product packaging; both gift boxes severely crushed during transit from NY; not suitable for purchase as gifts due to shipping method utilized by seller.
Published on July 31, 2008 by ladyesqsf

5.0 out of 5 stars Wine Aerator, January 2, 2009
This review is from: Vinturi Essential Wine Aerator With FREE Wine Pourer and Stopper (Kitchen)
My Wife and I have been drinking red wine now for about 10mos. My wife has now become a wine snobe, she's picky now. Anyway, we were at a wine tasting party and they were using this aerator for the red wine. I asked what dose this thing do, thinking it's just another gadget for the bar. The guy said try with and try without (same wine). Wow you can taste the flavors after it's been aerated. Very easy to use, poor the wine into the Aerator it aerates the wine as it passes into the glass and you have a beautiful glass of red wine. We love it...

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Suitable As Gift Due to Shipping Method, July 31, 2008
ladyesqsf (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed dan, November 16, 2009
Received the Vinturi Aerator "With FREE Pourer/Stopper" and it wasn't at all what I expected and it was in a different box than pictured above. The small box contained only the aerator with stand and pouch, the pourer/stopper was a cheap blue plastic one which could be bought for $1 at any hardware store and there was no stopper at all, and it was just thrown into the plastic mailing bag. I could have just purchased the aerator for somewhere between $5-$6 less and gotten the box with aerator in it. What gives? I think you need to look into changing your distributor for this product (Potential Dynamix LLC). I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor shipping from the vendor, July 22, 2008
The product is a great item, HOWEVER the shipping method used is beyond poor. I purchased this item as a gift and it arrived in an envelope, US mail, the box was crushed and not suitable to give as a gift!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Aerator with Stopper, December 9, 2009
I was excited to order the wine aerator and a bonus stopper as a gift in a nice boxed set a shown on the picture. However, when received a separate stopper was taped inside a plastic bag. I was disappointed because the stopper shown in the picture seemed to be shorter and would work better corking a bottle to place in the fridge. However, the one sent was cheaper, and very tall, leaving it unable to use in the fridge. The aerator is very good, I even ordered one for myself, but without the stopper this time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as described and wine tastes great, November 30, 2009
The aerator works as described and makes red wine taste better. You have to be careful to pour slowly or it will backup over the top. The pourer drips a little, but nothing worse than what you get when you pour out of the bottle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vinturi Aerator...makes wine taste better, October 4, 2009
We purchased the Vinturi and we are very pleased with it. We don't like decanting wine in a glass decanter, because you wind up decanting the entire bottle and sometimes, you don't finish it. This little gadget aerates the wine glass by glass. We first tried the wine directly from the bottle. Then we aerated it with the Vinturi. Wow!!! A discernible difference. It was absolutely amazing. Inexpensive bottles of red wines become mellow (it removes the "acid" taste)and expensive wines...well, they just become fantastic!!

We purchased an additional five to give away as gifts. The Vinturi comes in a lovely box suitable for gift giving. It also comes with a holder to place the aerator in when it is not being used. Also included is a soft bag to put the aertaor in if you are traveling and a wine pourer.

It is a great value and I am very pleased with the product and recommend it highly. The boxes arrived in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't live without it, now that I've tried it!, December 11, 2009
The product came quickly, in mint condition, and worked fine (thus the 5 stars). The pourer isn't really worth the extra coin though, as I don't see myself using it much. As others noted the pourer came in a seperate baggy (nothing fancy and not something you would want to gift to someone). However, the box for the Aerator was rather nice, and the Aerator could be gifted.

If you know who the Oz is (Oz Clarke not Ozzy the singer) then you'll surely appreciate this product. I was semi-skeptical about the product since I've seen it at a winery over the summer for more than Amazon's price. However, I was awarded some money and decided to use it towards this baby. My wife and I filled up two separate wine glasses: 1 poured using the Aerator and 1 without. The difference is amazing: It smoothes out the taste of the wine by taking out the "bite" out of the wine. We were taken back by the difference in quality of the wine after using the Vinturi Aerator. The product is so good, I wouldn't poor a glass without it (mainly because I'm more like James May and like to drink a glass as soon as I can... and can't bear to have wine sitting around opened for too long). :)

One of the main points of tasting a wine is to "slurp", stir, and/or let it sit for a while after opening the wine so you may mix the oxygen into the wine. This product does an excellent job at the Aeration process, and I believe wines taste much better using this product than just slurping the wine. I've already recommended this to a few co-workers, and I'm going to purchase yet another one for my mother (without the pourer).

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend the Vinturi Aerator! Does make a difference., December 10, 2009
I bought this to use with our homemade wine, which is very young. I was skepical so when I opened the bottle I immediately did a side-by-side test with wine straight from the bottle and wine poured through the aerator. It toned down the wine from that high-end taste and greatly improved it. Even my husband who initially thought it was another waste of money item agreed that it made a huge difference for the better. After testing it, then we aerated our wine into a decanter. I suspect that this is not for use with every wine, only those that need it. As a good practice, I would immediately run water through when you are finished using it to make sure it's clean afterwards, otherwise it could be difficult to clean dried up wine from it.

I highly recommend owning an Aerator, absolutely worth having on hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, September 21, 2009
I was dubious about the qualities attributed to the Aerator. Suffice to say that I'm convinced that this does improve the taste of freshly opened reds, particularly ones with greater concentrations of tannins. We tried this device at a family reunion in Sonoma County, CA ... some of the finest wines in the country come from the valleys there ... some of the most demanding pallets come from there, too! Every single person that compared reds poured straight from newly opened bottles to reds poured with the Aerator declared the taste of the Vinturi-assisted pours to be superior. We could even taste the difference in a nicely aged 12 year old. I'm back here to buy another Vinturi Aerator for our own wines ... 'nough said!

Rate and Discover Movies