10 inch Vinyl?? I know it has settings for 7 and 12 inch records but will it play a vinyl that is 10 inches? If so how would you set the speed?
asked by M. Curtis on February 14, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
All you have to do is manually put the needle on a 10" record. As for the speed its still 33 there is no different speed between a 12" and a 10".
Wesley Ramey answered on May 3, 2011
Comment (1) | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If it turns out to be 78 put it on your computer hard drive and get a free software called "Audacity" to edit it to the proper speed. "Audacity" is a fantastic bit of software. I used it to transpose vocal accompaniment for a solo at church and it worked perfectly without changing the speed of the recording. And it is FREE!!
Amazon Customer answered on February 13, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It all depends on the speed intended by the recording itself. Right now, I am listening to Cynic's "Carbon-Based Anatomy" EP on a 10-inch vinyl. The label on the disc says to play it at 45 and it sounds awesome. If your record doesn't tell you, then you're just going to have to experiment with speeds and hope that it's not intended to be 78.
Leonard Washington answered on January 12, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just to expand, I've got few 10"s that play at 45 rpm. One of them, a 1-sided press, also came on a 2-sided 7" and a double-sided (yup, same thing on both sides. WTF?) 12", all play at 45 rpm. 9 songs, 3 sizes, 10:40 approx. total run time. I've also got a two 7"s that play at 33 1/3 with 14 and 16 tracks. Do you call them EPs? LPs? 45s? 33s? Size and speed aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. Next we'll discuss shaped discs LOL
A. Sobriquet answered on November 29, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As Wesley said, you can manually set the needle to a 10" record, but this turntable doesn't have a setting for 78 RPM so it will not properly play those discs. As lots of 78s came in the 10" size you'll want to be cognizant of this limitation as you assess your record collection to see if this is the right player for you.
A. Johnson answered on May 10, 2011
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In the 80s, record labels issued what were called "nu discs", 10" 33-1/3 records with four to six tracks each, mostly by "new wave" bands. I had the nu disc of Gary Glitter, Oingo Boingo's original 4-track Ep and even the Police album "Regatta De Blanc" pressed on two 10" discs.

As for the 78s, I have most of them on cds, so I would only play them on my 1930 Victor Consolette Victrola, anyway.
Jonathan Schult answered on June 17, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't yet have this player, but according to a review I read, it will not play 10 inch records.
Dan answered on February 14, 2011
Comment | 0 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product