Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Valentine's Day Shop Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Size: 16.9 Ounce (500mL)Change

on August 12, 2008
I used this product on my BMW leatherette interior and rubber surfaces onthe exterior. Also works with plastic under the hood too! Used with a lint free micro fiber cloth and brush (for seats) you can get superior results for little money. I also used it detailing my wife's woefully neglected SAAB right before a trade-in estimate and made the card look worth much more than a previous estiamte. This stuff is a must own if you want your car looking great. And one more good thing is that I keep it in my car's trunk all summer and the heat doesn't appear to spoil the Vinylex's effectiveness.
11 comment33 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2012
I wish I would've taken before and after pics but I wasn't the least bit optimistic when I started my "project" with this product. We have a convertible that had sat, in inoperable condition, for the better part of two years. It has a cloth top and gets extremely dusty even when the top and windows are up. I used Vinylex on the dash and all vinyl and plastic parts and wow, just wow - the results were so much better than expected and it was so quick. Next project was the convertible boot that affixes to the car while the top is down to give it a finished appearance. I am ashamed to admit that we had left this poor boot hanging in an area that gets rust overspray from a nearby air conditioner, again for two straight years. This thing started out black and after two years of neglect was a mixture of dirt and rust color, with one end being almost solid dirt and the other being almost solid rust. I fully expected to have to discard but thought I'd try the Vinylex - Just In Case. Two applications within minutes of each other restored this thing to like new condition!?! We honestly could not believe it. I now use this for bonded leather furniture, aka vinyl ottomans, in the living room and family room, too, and of course - it works beautifully. In my opinion this is nothing short of a miracle product. I loathe writing reviews (I guess because I usually don't have anything new to offer) but depend on them heavily when making purchases so I felt compelled to share my experience with this Amazing Stuff! =) If you need a vinyl cleaner, try this - you won't be sorry!
on October 16, 2011
Vinylex seems to give a finish about the same as Armor All "Low Gloss". I've used it on vinyl trim, the dashboard and rubber door gaskets. It's not too shiny for my taste and does not leave any significant amount of oily residue, however, I do wipe it with a dry cloth after letting it dry completely.. It does seem to last longer than Armor All. Have no idea about the validity of the UV protection claims.

As others have noted, the spray nozzle is not very good. Spray "droplets" range from a fine mist to large drops, all at the same time. It's much safer to spray it on a piece of cloth.
11 comment10 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2009
I am a professional detailer, and have used Lexol products for quite some time. Vinylex is superior, as all Lexol products are.
VINE VOICEon July 12, 2009
I've been using this product for years, and it's the best out there. It is low gloss, and a little goes a LONG way. I use this on more than just my car. Basically anything made of plastic that I need to condition and protect, I apply this product to. In my opinion, the other major competitor that "armors everything" doesn't live up to the hype, and in fact can in some cases cause you more headaches than save you. Plus, it's gone up in price quite a bit. Pay a little more and buy a better product. The Lexol leather conditioner is also an excellent product, made by the same company. I will add that I prefer the spray bottles to the wipes for both.
on April 13, 2010
I'd consider myself a novice in the personal car care crowd. When I was ready to sell my 13 year old Honda CRV and I poured through amazon and other website for the best stuff to detail my car, to get the best resale price, and I came across this product. I took the online advice of others and I can't say I'm more pleased. Using this product on my honda made it look only a few years old and brought the plastic and vinyl pieces back to life. On the interior, the dash was super slick but no oily. I even used it on the exterior of the car. The black plastic bumpers had faded to a light gray, but when I applied the vinylex, they went back to black. Anyways, I did get top dollar for my honda using vinylex and other car car products. I hope this review can help others.
on January 6, 2009
I've been looking for a spray on bumper protection for my new Toyota Prius car. I had wanted something that would protect my bumper and vinyl strip from fading as well as from the dust and dirt that comes from driving on dirt roads. Vinylex has a UV protection factor built in the material. It does go on very easy and a little does goes a long way. Only time will tell as of the effectiveness of this spray.
on June 16, 2013
After testing Lexol Vinylex, 303 Aerospace protectant, and Liquid Glass Vinyl, rubber and leather protectant, I've concluded that Vinylex sits right in the middle for protection. On new vinyl it provided 3 months of protection and I find this to be very good. The Liquid Glass however, provides and even better 4 months while the 303 was lagging at 4-6 weeks.

Regarding the silicone oil usage on vinyl's and rubbers. I think it has been well established that virgin long chain silicone oil and any petroleum distillate product is not well suited for vinyl and rubber treatment. Beyond that there is minimal evidence to support the proposed fact that all silicones are bad for vinyl's and rubbers. There are many molecular types of silicone and some of them are designed to penetrate the outer protective layer of the PVC to lubricate the inner substructure. These short chain silicones are good for PVC, not bad. Other silicones only protect the outside layer and never penetrate to the inner layers. From what I've determined the long chain silicone oil in Armorall actually attracts the short chain essential oil molecules already in the inner PVC layers and pulls them out, therefore degrading the entire PVC structure. The silicone blends in Vinylex and Liquid Glass actually enhance and replace the used up essential oils in the inner PVC layers while at the same time providing additional protection for the outside layer. Therefore these particular silicone blends are good for vinyl and rubber.

Since the Liquid Glass is so hard to find I wouldn't hesitate at using Vinylex as the number one.

kd
on November 18, 2007
I keep cars for a long time. My current vehicle is 10 years old, and I've always used Vinylex on it. The vinyl dashboard really looks as good as new.

I used a popular silicon based product on the car I had before this one, and the vinyl on the dashboard cracked after five or six years. Like the other reviewer said - Vinylex does not contain silicon.
33 comments16 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2012
I have tried so many different kind of products for rubber and plastic for my car, nothing as good as this one.
Buy it, you will not regret!
I am a very picky guy when it comes to maintaining my car, some people will say it's a waste of time, but I just don't see it that way.
I like my car (2007 Ford Expedition EL Limited) to be clean and shiny, so if this product works well for me, believe me, most likely it will be beyond your expectations.