5.0 out of 5 stars At last!
Published on May 30, 2005 by N. cain

2.0 out of 5 stars Seller review, not item review
$12.95 for shipping in 3-5 days via usps.

...but priority mail is only $9 for 2 days via usps.

price gouging. I'll buy elsewhere next time. :(
Published on September 2, 2010 by Amanda King

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, May 30, 2005
This review is from: Violet Crumble (6 pack) Australian (Misc.)
Finally, after years of searching, I've found a dependable source of the best candy on Earth! I first had a Violet Crumble while visiting Austin, TX. (They have the best groceries there.) Here in Nashville, the closest thing I've found is the Cadbury Crunchie bar, which is similar and good, but I felt I was missing something. I am not Australian, and do not have an Australia obsession, I just really like this candy bar.

The center is a matrix of crunchy honeycomb-like stuff, and is covered with really good milk chocolate. Many popular American chocolate candies are made with Hershey milk chocolate, which uses sour milk as their 'secret ingredient.' The Violet Crumble does not, which I think is an improvement (definatly a change) over the local stuff. The chocolate of the VC is really good in quality, not waxy, and not too thin. This is a really great candy bar. You should try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite candy bar ever., December 25, 2004
Sean McGahee (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Violet Crumble (6 pack) Australian (Misc.)
This candy bar is fantastic! I live in the United States, and there is not really anything else like it here, although the Cadbury Crunchie bar in the UK and Canada is similar. What really makes this candy bar special is the light, firm yet spungie middle. When you bite into it the texture is definately unique. It tastes really great too: sort of a light toffee/honey taste with smooth milk chocolate on the outside. I cannot recommend this candy bar enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars honeycomb chocolate awesomeness, January 13, 2011
This review is from: Violet Crumble (6 pack) Australian (Misc.)
They used to sell Violet Crumble in many stores here in Hawaii in the 80s, when I was a kid. It was always a treat to have one. Then, time went on and I sort of forgot about them since they disappeared from the shelves. And one day when I was really craving one, I realized I hadn't seen one anywhere in a long time. Then I got the crappy news that they aren't really easy to come by in the U.S. anymore. The chocolate is not too sweet, and the honeycomb middle is crunchy and light. It's unlike any other candy bar I've had (though I have not had the Crunchie bar people compare it to). Quite possibly my fave candy bar of all time. Of all time!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, January 14, 2011
This review is from: Violet Crumble (6 pack) Australian (Misc.)
So I've never had this before. But my girlfriend kept on going on and on and on about how delicious this is.

After a month of searching for a way to get it here in the US, I finally found a seller on Amazon.

So, it's very interesting. The inside consistency is that of malt balls, however, the taste is nothing like malt balls. It's a combination of honey and sweet nougat (like the inside of a snickers bar (minus the caramel, peanuts of course)).

I really like it. I'd recommend this to anyone. It's a shame it's not sold in stores here, I think it'd do quite well

4.0 out of 5 stars Honeycomb Coated with Milk Chocolate, December 6, 2010
Theo (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Violet Crumble (6 pack) Australian (Misc.)
Violet Crumbles are a classic Australian candy bar: they've been around forever and are very popular over here. They consist of a fairly hard, but brittle bar of honeycomb coated in milk chocolate. And yes, they are delicious!

They're also a lot like the (internationally) better known "Crunchie" bar. The main differences are that:

1. Violet Crumbles have a slightly thicker outer layer of milk chocolate.

2. The honeycomb in a Violet Crumble is slightly harder and more solid, so it tends to shatter rather than crumble when you bite down on it.

3. The honeycomb in a Violet Crumble has a stronger honey flavor, with significantly more "bite" to it, so to speak.

Note that Violet Crumbles can also be purchased here on Amazon in packs of three.

Theo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally found them and worth the price since the bars are bigger!, September 7, 2010
This review is from: Violet Crumble (6 pack) Australian (Misc.)
I was not sure I wanted to spend the money for the shipping but the bars came in perfect condition other than a couple broken in half inside the wrapper itself. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the bars are large, much bigger than the standard ones I use to buy here in the US. I've never seen a 50g bar, so 6 of them at about $3 a bar isn't too bad if you crave these things. They charged around 1.99 for them when they had them at Cost Plus World Market. You can't find them anywhere in the US so it felt like X-mas opening the box. Very happy! Yes it's a lot for shipping but they are coming from Australia and they got here quite fast (5 days).

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST CANDY BAR EVAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!!!, May 30, 2008
This review is from: Violet Crumble (6 pack) Australian (Misc.)
OMG!!!!! BUY BUY BUY THIS CANDY BAR YOU WON'T REGRET IT I PROMISE, THEY ARE SO GOOD I'M NOW 15 BUT I HAVE BEEN EATING VIOLET CRUMBLES SINCE I WAS VERY LITTLE, AND I STILL LOVE THEM! THIS IS THE BEST PURCHASE YOU WILL EVER MAKE, I GUARANTEE IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars tastes freaking delicious, December 26, 2013
Pea (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Violet Crumble (6 pack) Australian (Misc.)
it's chocolate covered malt-ish candy. it's 4 stars for the taste and price (its not worth the price at all. tastes like maltsters but more brittle and less chocolatey).

0 stars for quality because mine arrived all completely broken in 3 or more pieces each bar. i'm not sure where they broke but I am extremely disappointed. they could definitely have used some padding. it was shipped in a small nonpadded usps flat rate box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Because it shatters, July 14, 2013
This review is from: Violet Crumble (6 pack) Australian (Misc.)
Absolutely the best candy on Earth. Try chilling it (I put it in the freezer for 10-15 minutes) - Then dropping into a bowl and it will shatter it nice bite size pieces that have the perfect taste and texture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Violet Crumble, January 31, 2013
K. Hultquist (Wailuku,. Maui, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Violet Crumble (6 pack) Australian (Misc.)
I actually bought the product for a friend who happens to love this candy. Too bad it is not available in the United States but only in Australia which makes the cost prohibitive to order frequently. This would be something that I would order very infrequently.

Violet Crumble (6 pack) Australian