Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Violet (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 20, 2014
I can't seem to take ON MY WAY off of repeat. I have literally listened to it over 300 times. I saw the production twice and hope to see it some more when I get back to NYC. Its quite an amazing show full of so much life and heart. The voices of the supporting cast are quite special especially the Gospel number. I've never heard a theater go more crazy. Tesori is SUCH an amazing composer. If you love this go buy FUN HOME another masterpiece from her catalouge.
on June 10, 2014
I pre-ordered this CD set and I absolutely love it!! Sutton Foster, Colin Donnell and Joshua Henry are amazing singers and performers. I am in awe of them! The music is heartwarming and honest. But my review is really about the show because to truly appreciate this music it must be experienced in person.

One of the beauties of theater, whether it is Broadway or regional, drama or musical, is that it is the only art form that can wholly envelop the audience in a manner both thoughtful and visceral. In a movie theater a dream is unfolding before you but with actors live on stage you get to live with and through these beautifully flawed people.

The emotional and unforgettable Broadway musical “Violet” allows us to share the journey of a young woman, scared and scarred, as she learns that beauty and self-assurance starts with how you see yourself and touch the world around you irrespective of the shell you live in. There is a piece of this complicated young woman named Violet in all of us. That piece that makes us feel like we are watching life from the outside. A shadow or scar that if we could simply pluck it out of our life, mind, body or heart everything will be okay and the world would understand and accept us.

“Violet” is a raw and sincere musical not an easily digested spectacle. That is why it will stay with you long after you have experienced it. The music is affecting and superb. The entire cast is wonderful but it is the astonishing three leads that make this show “sing”: Sutton Foster (who is NEVER off-stage), Colin Donnell and Joshua Henry. As I write this, you have approximately 8 weeks to see three of the most brilliant performers, stage or screen, that you will ever see in your life and to have the chance to see them together up close and personal is an extraordinary gift. “Violet” is a limited engagement. Please do not wait- you must go see this show!!!
on June 6, 2014
The talented Sutton Foster goes beyond the traditional work as a musical theater performer. Her voice of course is a special instrument. However, the libretto of this play with music demanded superb acting and Ms Foster hit the mark. The supporting cast was also excellent and Ms Tesori's score is memorable
on June 21, 2014
If you enjoyed the play you'll find the CD completely satisfying, it's almost like being there. If you didn't see the play, you can read the notes that come with the CD and follow the story. Sutton Foster shines as always.
on July 31, 2014
This is one of my all time favorite shows. I love the original recording so much that I was worried I wouldn't like this one even though I'm a huge Sutton Foster fan. My fears were unfounded. I like this recording every bit as much as the original.
on September 28, 2015
This one was a big disappointment for me. I love Sutton Foster. Let me get that out of the way. This story was just so not Broadway Musical material. How did this ever get made? I think the fact that it only ran on Broadway for 4 months says it all.

I did not catch it during those 4 months so the recording is all I have to judge it. I have never been able to listen to the entire recording at one time.

I would have given it 1 star if it weren't for Ms. Foster.
on December 16, 2014
The story is a little sad, but in the end very interesting. The music on the other hand is amazing, a honky tonk musical. Whether you are into country or musicals you will love this show. I sure do.
on April 6, 2016
What an amazing album! Love singing along with it at the top of my lungs as I zoom down the highway.
on July 1, 2014
I saw this in NYC a couple months ago when it was still in previews and was a great show. Only reason I saw it was because Sutton was the star and she is my favorite Broadway star and everything I have seen her has been great. She didn't disappoint this time either.

I have seen Sutton in concert and have both her solo CD's and love the song "on my way" I like how they included that song in Violet and had the entire company join in.

This is a must have for any Sutton Foster fan and even if you didn't see the show, you will be able to figure the story out through the CD booklet and the songs. In fact, the majority of the show is on the CD's, almost the entire show was sung
on June 10, 2014
I don't think anyone is arguing that Violet is the latest and greatest thing, but it is definitely special. Jeanine Tesori has written a score that is touching and fun, even though it may seem dated now, but remember so many of the ideas were new at the time. Sutton Foster and Joshua Henry are what really make this recording worth it. They both give it their all in their roles and really bring home the songs and make them even that much better.