Violife UV Cellphone Sanitizer, 14-Ounce
- Uses proven germicidal UV light to safely destroy 99.9% of surface bacteria on your phone.
- Dual UV Bulbs
- Eliminates up to 99.9% of Germs Strep, E.Coli, Salmonella, Listeria, and Pseudomonas
- About the size of a hand soap dispenser, the device sets up unobtrusively on a nightstand or desk
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Basically anything you can fit into the cleaner will be blasted with UV light for a few minutes of UV light cleaning power. Here is the video walk through of the un-boxing and usage.
One distinct thing to note is that this is killing the unseen germs, not making your device shiny. I suggest using some form of cleaner to get off all the normal stuff, smudges and smears from your devices and then tossing it in. There is an included basket to hang your earbuds, stash your bluetooth headsets and more. A graphical sizer sits on the outside of the box. I was easily able to place my HTC Evo (including Siedio case Seidio Innocase II Surface Case for HTC EVO 4G (Black)) into the cleaner.
I know you sit and wonder if it really did it's job? Someone in the office noticed the ozone odor on their Blackberry after using it. I am guessing that it is doing it's job! Do not forget, it takes 3 AA batteries to operate. We have not needed to change batteries after at least thirty uses of the device so far.
I did a video review on YouTube as well
So do I recommend it? Based on their performance with other UV sanitizer products, this is worth it!
To answer my own question previously posted, the way to check whether the UV bulbs are actually working is to go to a dark room, insert the cage, and align the magnet in the back of the cover bottom to the spot where it would normally touch without putting the cover on. The two UV bulbs should light up. If not, it's time to replace.
I'd recommend every owner try it once when the bulbs are still working to know the difference.
Also, leave the cage out when you close the cover after each use, it will double your battery life by skipping an otherwise automatic run as explained below.
* Killing the germs on portable electronics is important, and there aren't that solutions available without getting wet as far as I'm aware.
* Cool, sleek design, a pleasure to look at.
* Batteries seem to last.
* Dead corners/sides that UV won't reach
* The flashing blue light outside is not UV. A small window on the back with UV-blocking polycarbonate would be user-friendly for maintenance.
* Larger or thicker phones won't fit. You can't skip the removable cage as it triggers a sensor for the device to turn on.
* Everytime you close the cover with the cage in, it runs a sanitation cycle, regardless if there's anything in the cage. It's a waste of battery.
* Not sure if the UV would hurt the LCD display with long-term use. Well, we probably replace our phones before any damage.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I can't tell you of the peace this device has brought to my hypochondriac mind.Published 16 months ago by Zolo
It works well!
I love it and I can't live without it.
Will buy more and more and more...
This worked great for all my apple products but is too small for Samsung Galaxy S4. It needs to be about 2 inches taller.Published 22 months ago by Sharree A Belanger
I work at a hospital and I believe everything that I bring home is contaminated with germs. I bought this to ease my mind of that and to disinfect the things I bring into my house. Read morePublished 23 months ago by Jenna M.
This cellphone sanitizer is easy to operate and appears to do the job. Since cell phone exteriors can be rather germ covered, I wanted a device set up for easy sanitation. Read morePublished 23 months ago by D. Shipley