4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price
For the price this is a very nice set and I am not disappointed in any way. For those giving bad reviews, you can't buy a 7 series BMW for the price of a Honda Civic.

Published 21 months ago by GdubG

2.0 out of 5 stars Good from far, far from good.
First, I've played darts for 10 years fairly consistently, owning a multitude of different darts. I intended to purchase this all-in-one piece because I was pretty much looking for the best bang for the buck while still getting the highest quality looking cabinet.

Published 22 months ago by Ryan

2.0 out of 5 stars Good from far, far from good., February 26, 2013
Ryan "Ryan" (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Viper Hudson Collection All-In-One Dart Center (Sports)

Second, I wish I could rate just the cabinet as I would rate the quality around a 4 out of 5. I would rate the dart board around 3 out of 5. The reason I rated a 2 for the all-in-one piece is because my recommendation would be buy a cabinet and a dartboard separately. (Unless you RESEARCH THE DARTBOARD TO VERIFY IT'S WORTH AT LEAST $50!!) Below I will discuss issues (while I have a lot of thought on it I will attempt to keep them brief):

The cabinet lines are fairly true. There were a few very small imperfections if you're inspecting it as a carpenter. Definitely good enough for your passionate player though! I WOULD BUY THE CABINET AGAIN!

Let me start addressing what you read above about buying the board separate, this Viper Shot King board is currently selling for about $22. If you research you will find this is in the cheapest price range, while you will find around 15 different boards (not just on amazon) for $50. I wish I would have done this. FIFTY DOLLARS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO SPEND ON A DART BOARD, IT IS CLEARLY THE MAGIC NUMBER!

Main problems: Bounce Out/ Fall Outs - - While people may say this board is good enough for your "average" player, I have to disagree. Any player knows how frustrating bounce outs are, but you WILL experience a substantial amount more bounce outs with this board.

Reasons:
1) The wiring is extremely bulky and excessive compared to the other options out there; just look closely zoomed in. After about a solid 6 hours of hard use, you will be able to discernible see where darts have hit the wire straight on and have bounced out (instead of slipping to the closest side, the more common result in nicer boards).

2) When I would use my own darts, which I've thrown at many boards with no problems, I experience fall outs about 1 out of every 12 darts. Some fall out because when the dart hits the wire and does actually fall to a side, a lot of the darts won't have enough energy to pierce the dartboard enough. What I also experienced is a dart will actually fall out when landing in the board with no obstructions. They will often stick in the board for a full 2 seconds before slowly dropping to the floor. For some reason though, I didn't experience it quite as much when throwing with the darts it came with as a test. I throw with 22g darts with little arc and my darts stick in the board with a 0- 10 degree angle (which is ideal), so my darts shouldn't be having this problem.

In conclusion, solve this problem by buying the cabinet and board separate unless you are positive what board you are buying. That is, unless you're buying it for younger kids that have interest now, and maybe not later, but you still want it to look nice on the wall and not like a bar.

IF YOU HAVE READ THIS WHOLE REVIEW, YOU ARE A MORE INFORMED BUYER THAN THE 4.5 OUT OF 5 REVIEW SNAPSHOT WOULD LEAD YOU TO BELIEVE, that's all I'm saying. If you are at least somewhat passionate about darts, please click that this was helpful so we can help fellow dart goers.

Good luck!

I ADDED AN UPDATE UNDER COMMENTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Viper Hudson Collection All-In-One Dart Center (Sports)

With that out of the way - The darts are not high quality. They have light, rubber shafts that will bend/warp, if not already. I replaced them with some inexpensive aluminum shafts from a local dart shop and they work well for guests while I have my own set of nicer darts reserved only for me. When you stick the board they don't stay put unless you really jab it in there. I don't have this problem with other, nicer sets I play with. The board is cheap, you can get it by itself for about $20 - $25. I do get quite a few bounce outs and have hit the wire in several places. Guess I need to start aiming better!! Holes in the board don't close up very well, but over time they tend to move and shift the more you hit it. The cabinet is super nice, but didn't come perfect. One door is slightly warped and sticks out just a tad more than the other when closed. There were knicks and scratches in the wood that were just stained over. Be aware, the dark color makes blemishes from stray darts stand out big time. Don't hit the "pizza box"!! The dry erase marker is a joke, mine dried out in the first 3 rounds. You'll want to get another dry erase marker right away.

This is not a negative review, just an honest one. You WILL get what you pay for and for what you pay with this setup it's pretty awesome. I'm very happy with it and it suits my needs just fine. I've only had it a few weeks and have already put some serious use on it and have had tons of fun with neighbors, friends and family.

If you want a nice board (less bounce outs, self-repairing holes, blades), this isn't it. If you want nice darts, you'll have to get some. If you want a nice combo package, get out your wallet. If you have a lot of experience, you should know better than to even consider this set - go get a pro setup. If you don't want to spend a boatload of money just to play darts, but you still want to have a ton of fun playing/learning - this is a fantastic deal and worth every single penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, June 13, 2012
This review is from: Viper Hudson Collection All-In-One Dart Center (Sports)
Not only does this have a good dartboard inside the case, but the darts that were included weren't bad at all. I have a set of darts I paid nearly $100 for, so I'm used to good darts. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set!, January 5, 2014
This review is from: Viper Hudson Collection All-In-One Dart Center (Sports)
I am very pleased with the set. I almost changed my mind about ordering it after reading a few reviews from serious players about the board not being good enough. Which I concede there's always something better, this is as good of a board as I have ever used and I have no issues with it at all (thinner wires, which you don't see very often would be my only wish).

The cabinet is very nice... again, you're not paying for a $500 hand-laquered mahogany case built by a skilled craftsman, but you're getting a nice looking, decent quality wood case that looks great in your den (or in my case, the living room that's being converted to "pub" style).

The darts are much better quality than you get in a typical starter set - they have a nice weight and design and work well. Unfortunately, one of the darts has a slightly bent flight holder and the flight pops out on every-other throw. The two sets also look almost identical - a more obvious distinction between the flights would have been nice. I will probably replace the darts with ones that better suit my personal taste, but they are not bad.

At the Black Friday additional discount I got, I have no regrets at all. At the slightly higher normal price, it still seems like a pretty good deal, especially considering you could spend the same amount for the case alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied and more!, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Viper Hudson Collection All-In-One Dart Center (Sports)
Great product. Everything I expected and more. The darts and board are both high quality. Plus it looks great! Good price. Overall great purchase and I would recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far very good, April 18, 2012
This review is from: Viper Hudson Collection All-In-One Dart Center (Sports)
Bought it for an office, it has been heavily used the past couple of weeks, 30 mins or so to assemble, and has been a hit so far.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not New, June 23, 2014
This review is from: Viper Hudson Collection All-In-One Dart Center (Sports)
Package arrived on time, but clearly is not "NEW" as advertised. The box was taped together with clear packing tape on 3 of the 4 sides, with at least 2-3 layers of tape each side. As it is clearly obvious at least the box was previously owned/returned to the seller I became immediately suspicious so before gifting the set to my husband as a gift, I opened the “new” box to check the contents. The smaller inside box that contained the dart board was also taped shut with clear packing tape. I pulled the dartboard out just 1/3 of the way and could already see several (15-20) little dart holes all around the top of the board. Despite the seller’s claims, this is clearly not a new set/dartboard. The cabinet appears nice and as expected (minus not new) so I added a second star for that part of the set, but I am returning this product and not re-ordering and risking another used product.

4.0 out of 5 stars the included board has a horrible gasoline-like smell, November 20, 2014
vinsoncg (Avon, IN, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Viper Hudson Collection All-In-One Dart Center (Sports)
First and foremost, the included board has a horrible gasoline-like smell. I thought it was just the plastic it is wrapped in, but it has been hanging now for two days and the room reeks. Also. With the included spacers installed on the back of the board, the doors do not close completely due to the board. Additionally, the picture shows darts sticking up from apparent holes in the bottom corners of the cabinet. Mine has no holes in it. Finally, they include two sets of darts that are identical. You have to change the flights (yours) to make one set different than the other. Despite all this...I like the set.

Update 11/21/2014. Board still stinking up the room. Found the holes for storing the darts. I do not have the bounce-out problem other reviewers mention. I have thrown darts at the board every night since hanging. If it weren't for the smell, I would be very happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Dart Board with Darts that Fall Apart - details in review, March 27, 2014
This review is from: Viper Hudson Collection All-In-One Dart Center (Sports)
This was sent directly to a friend as a Christmas gift to a person in another state. (This person was too sweet to tell me how AWFUL it was). I finally had the opportunity to find this out for myself today. The wood has big gauges in it and was not sanded before stained and it is not varnished. The numbers are wire so the darts often fly back at you. The darts fell apart within weeks. The screws in the cabinet do not lay flat so the doors won't completely close. The board hangs inside but is not secured so the board moves; the numbers actually move after a few throws. Not only frustrated for the price paid; but embarrassed to have given as gift! Will NEVER buy from this company again!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great....once you get one that is not damaged. Enclosed darts are cheap., May 18, 2014
This review is from: Viper Hudson Collection All-In-One Dart Center (Sports)
It took 3 tries to receive one that was not damaged. Packaging is poor and resulted in cracks, dents and scratches in the cabinet door. Amazon's policy is to refund after 2 damages, so we had to place a new order. We were unaware of this policy and only found out after we noticed a credit on our credit card statement. The darts are cheap....one broke after first usage. Directions for hanging the cabinet are good; they provide a template for placement of wall screws. However, directions for hanging the actual dart board were a bit confusing.

Viper Hudson Collection All-In-One Dart Center