Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Virtua Tennis 3 - Playstation 3” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 78% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Virtua Tennis 3 - Playstation 3
|Price:||$28.99 + $3.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$11.00 (28%)|
- Travel the world and take on the biggest stars of the tennis world, in Career Mode
- Customize your tennis star with licensed tennis equipment, in Player Creation Mode
- Brand new challenges will keep players in top form
- Sharpen your players' skills with great mini-games
- Increased details make the graphics comes alive and adds to the action
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Platform: PlayStation 3
Top Customer Reviews
I played the older versions in PS2 and PSP. Game play wise, VT3 actually is the same as those older versions. You get the latest and greatest tennis stars and new mini games to power up your custom player. The interesting thing is in VT3 the computer AI is quite smart. You cant cruise through the game like before. Have to use some brain. Thats the nice part.
Other than part, its pretty much the same game as the previous versions with better graphics (1080p!)
If you never play Virtua Tennis before, then I highly recommend this game to you. Its easy to learn and play. Its fun and addictive.
The best tennis game out!
The graphics are great and the motions are spot on. Once you get to more skilled players the action really heats up and gets very engaging. I was just ho hum about tennis before, but this really made it seem interesting and engaging.
If you think VirtuaTennis might be interesting, download the demo and try it. If you like the demo, you'll LOVE the game.
- AI is really, really intelligent. Almost superman like! It can predict your moves based on your game play and play shots in areas that you can't get on time. You would find that for the first few sets into the game, the play is fairly matched but as you go along, AI will smoke you! This leads to frustration since it is not fair how AI jumps across the ground anticipating your shots no matter how you apply your skills
- Limited shots. You might end up using the X for most part of the game. Few sets into the game if you try slicing or lobbying, AI will smack one right back to you. Hence you might exert caution and keep hitting the same X button to play horizontal shots. It's pretty much the timing and anticipation that counts more the varieties of shots themselves
- Impossible hard mode. As I mentioned earlier, playing a game in normal mode is too easy and hard mode is almost impossible. This might get frustrating after a while...not good for ego!
- Diving more than hitting. As you play longer, you would notice that no matter how high the profile of the player you select is, you will end up barely making it the ball and diving more than 50% of time to hit the ball back.Read more ›
With an extensive rooster to choose from, you'll soon be hooked up to this game, its easy to learn but it gets really challenging. Graphics are great, and most of the players resemble their life counterparts.
Where this game fails miserably is in the soundtrack. Its a non-stop arcadish tune that drives you insane during the matches, fortunately you can turn it off and enjoy the game.
Another issue is that the game lacks multiplayer option. I must say that it would be really fun to have a world ranking system, but probably to much to ask.
If you like tennis or looking for a simple and fun game to play, get Virtual Tennis.
- Great Graphics
- Highly addictive
- multiple languages depending where you play
- Annoying soundtrack
- No mutiplayer options
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This game is absolute garbage. As a tennis player and a PS3 player, the tactical portion of the game is non existent. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Billy
This is a great game that is easy to play for all age groups and still challenging enough to keep up the excitement level..Published 20 months ago by Abhinav
I had some higher hopes for this game. The interface is a bit hard to navigate.
The game in itself is not that compelling...
My daughter places high school tennis and she loves this game. She can't understand why I can beat her at it. It's a blast. Read morePublished on October 30, 2013 by Amazon Customer