Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on August 27, 2012
Very easy to hook up, I bought my first Arduino, accelerometer and such on Thursday, today is now Monday and I already have them working and doing exactly what I want with simple (and I do mean simple) coding. I still have some tweaking to do but for now it works great!

There is a link on the included paper that comes with the board that has sample starter code. I basically used that to understand what and how it was being used with my UNO, once I figured that out (all of about an hour of looking at it) I adjusted it and I now have a fully functional component with easy to read values.

Also, this seller is fantastic! fast shipping and great packaging. I will be ordering from them in the future if I can.

Feel free to ask questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
on June 29, 2012
I was building a device to determine the acceleration of my car before and after modification were made to the car. Finding a 3-axis accelerometer wasn't that hard. Finding one that was accurate and reasonably priced was. I took a chance with this sensor and was very happy with the results.
on April 27, 2012
I was looking for a way to adjust the position of several servos based upon the degree of tilt of my project. I connected up my servos, accelerometer, and Arduino. I got everything up and running quickly.
on February 9, 2013
I purchased this Accelerometer from Viruobotix, and have been delighted with it. With the supplied documentation, I had it up and running in 5 minutes. Also, this is a simple to use device, and by looking at the sample code, you can very easily be writing your own custom applications in no time.

In order to be "Happy" with this sensor, you need to understand what it is designed for, and what it is not designed for. Accelerometers like this strongly respond to orientation, and the 1G of gravity that exits on the earth. The good part about this is that you can use it to accurately measure tilt along any axis.

It also will accurately show something has been dropped and in free fall through the 0 G pin. Devices like this are used to detect a hard drive has been dropped so the head can be parked before it impacts the ground.

It can also be used to detect impact and other acceleration events like that.

You must understand, however, that this device is not an IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit). It is extremely limited in its ability to give any useful information on position (without EXTENSIVE code work). So, do not assume that you can simply integrate Acceleration twice and have useful information on position.

So, this is a great little sensor, and lots of fun to fool around with.
on April 2, 2013
This product would be awesome if it fit in my solderless breadboards. I have two different standard boards with the same problem. They have a-e & f-j and if you plug it in 9/10 plugin points are used. This means that you can have pins on one side of it in series, but the other side is completely covered by the board itself. It might not be a problem for y'all, but it certainly was a pain to solder leads to it instead and then tape it down to the rest of my board to test an idea later.
on November 11, 2012
After testing on my Uno and my Duemilanove 328, I've found that the X and Z axes are effectively useless and the Y is very jittery. Fairly useless for what I wanted to do. The vendor's web site didn't offer much assistance in making it work, either. I used their sample code and modified it in various ways to attempt to see if it was a simple bug, but it definitely seems like a hardware issue.

Just revised my review to reflect how helpful the seller has been in resolving my issues!
on July 10, 2013
If you see a cheaper price than from Virtuabotix at Amazon its probably is not worth it. This is a TESTED and DOCUMENTED product and Virtuabotix will back it up with excellent support. They will help you make it work. So if you want to use this part to make or experiment and not your waste time I would highly recommend this product from Virtuabotix.
on February 27, 2013
This accelerometer gets great readings - I used it at a tech conference to demonstrate an Arduino project, and it worked perfectly. It also comes with plenty of code examples to get started. The one qualm I have with it is that it doesn't fit perfectly on a PCB or breadboard - the pins have to be slightly bent out. It's a petty thing to be irritated by, but worth mentioning.
on May 6, 2013
It's a shame that I missed the review by Walbraldino - as he mentioned, this breakout board does not fit on a standard breadboard. The breakout takes up 4 pin-widths on one side and all 5 on the other, which means that there is no way to install jumpers to access one half of the pins. The only solution I've found for prototyping with this thing is to install it on two separate breadboards, such that each breadboard has one side of the breakout's pins. Unfortunately poor design!
review image
on February 6, 2013
this simple device comes with support for both basic operation and also has a useful library that even works on the new Arduino DUE. there is no processor specific code that prevents use on the DUE as is the case with so many other libraries.

See 1 answered question