5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game. Bad Download

Published on March 2, 2010 by Swift Cheetah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Game, Takes a lot of Time, March 2, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Virtual Villagers - The Secret City [Download] (Software Download)
This is a cute game, but it takes a lot of time, because you aren't playing it in different levels. It's an ongoing time thing with the members of a tribe. When you aren't playing the game, it's running in the background and your villagers are still working. When you check back the next day, something new has happened. It's not the type of game you can just pick up, beat a few levels, and then move onto something else. You have to check back with it regularly, otherwise your tribe may have starved or something - it's time consuming! If you are on a computer regularly, then I'd recommend this game, but if you're looking for a quick, fun game you can play for a few minutes and then leave, it's not for you. Cute game though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game. Bad Download, January 1, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Pros:
I've played this game many times in the past and it's so addicting and fun. It's appropriate for all ages and it's very laid-back and even though it is compared to The Sims series, there is really no comparison. You can kind of fast forward but its nothing relatively close time-wise because you still have to wait almost 24 hours for something fun to happen. But I'm not complaining because that's what I love about the game. I can start playing, do something interesting, exit the game for a day or two and when I come back, there's a surprise; and whether it's a good or bad surprise, it's still a little fun.

Cons:
Dealing with the game download itself, the game file I purchased through here was corrupt. So unless you feel like taking the risk and losing $6.99 (can be a lot sometimes for a college student) I don't suggest purchasing the Game Download version here. I suggest buying this game directly from Last Day of Work and receive the CD in the mail. (Chances are, it won't be a corrupt file)

Sorry to be a debby downer. I honestly love this game, but not being able to download it after purchase made me sad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fun game. But somehow I keep dying!, March 7, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is a really fun game. I'm a big fan of all the Virtual Villagers series. This one wasn't really an exception to that. As always, it's based on real time and you have to keep your village flourishing. But somehow that never happens!!! For me that is. Some days I come back and my whole village is dead. From lack of food or something. I MUST be doing something wrong. But overall, I would highly reccomend

1.0 out of 5 stars So slow, October 19, 2012
I found this game to be unbelievably slow. I always ran out of food even though I had the fruit trees planted and the setting on easy. It takes forever to accumulate points and I never did make it to having the fishing capabilities before half my villagers were wiped out from starvation. I finally tossed it in frustration after starting over twice. Way too slow and too hard to get anyplace.

2.0 out of 5 stars To play or not to play, September 27, 2012
I wish Virtual Villagers had an option to pause the activities of the villagers. A pause option would allow me to play for a short time and return with out the villagers dieing from starvation or a strange illness. The gameplay was also slow, it took too long to get the villagers to accomplish anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Villagers, November 7, 2011
John Capizzi (GASTON, SC, US) - See all my reviews
All the virtual villagers are great games. I initually bought Virtual Villagers 3 for myself but it is a great teaching game for my grandchildren.

3.0 out of 5 stars wtf, omg, cute to boring, February 12, 2011
I played the demo of this game. It was very cute so I wanted to buy the full version. The full version got really boring and stupid, you have to do exactly the right thing, otherwise your villagers starve to death. Also, you have to micromanage them, otherwise they stand around in the middle of their village "worrying about food". However it takes eight hours for them to get even vaguely food self-sufficient.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent game to pass the time., January 20, 2011
I played this over winter break. It was okay, but was very slow and often boring. I still haven't completed it entirely. I am sure once I do I probably won't play it again as it would be pointless since I'll know what to expect. I wish there was more to this game. Like more places to explore, more things to find, just generally more to do. For what it is though I'd say it's not bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Virtual Villagers - The Secret City, May 22, 2014
Virtual Villagers - The Secret City, is the first game I downloaded. Amazon made it a breeze and now I wish I could download all my games and movies!

Also a FUN game!

4.0 out of 5 stars puzzleing., May 7, 2014
it was more difficult than I expected. I really enjoyed it and it took me twice as long to beat it than I expected.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›