Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Visconti Visconti Distressed Leather Messenger Bag - 3/4 Flapover, Oil Brown, One Size
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Size: One Size|Color: Oil Brown|Change

on February 4, 2013
This is a beautiful messenger bag (I ordered the oil tan), but the oil/dye from the leather rubs off very easily. When I opened the packaging, I noticed the oil had stained the cardboard insert under the flap. I then lightly rubbed a white napkin over the outside of the bag and the color came right off very easily. The tag that is attached to the bag actually says something to the effect of "do not wear with light colored clothing". I shipped it back the same day I received it and received my refund within 3-4 days. I believe that Visconti should find a way to correct this defect to their otherwise great messenger bags.
55 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 25, 2013
My husband agonized for weeks about getting a leather bag to take to work. It needed to be professional, but not black and boring. It needed to look cool, but actually be functional. We live in Boston, so it needed to have the option to be waterproofed in case of bad weather.

After a great deal of searching department stores, online sites, etc. he finally decided on this one and loves it. Yes, it did need to be waterproofed with a wax and yes, that did darken it a bit. However, it lightened after a week and he claims the "waxing" was a very manly experience. It has a very nice smell and I have a feeling it's going to last a very long time. So all in all I'd say it's a win.
44 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2014
This bag fit Yoga Pro 2 perfectly (I also tired the Harvard Bag which is just too small).
I love the look and quality of the bag.

However it stains! Not just pants but IT STAINED MY LAPTOP....
Brown streak on my orange laptop....I cant get rid of it because the laptop has a soft plastic texture....

Wish I knew this so I can get a sleeve for the laptop before it got ruined..
review image review image
on June 26, 2014
Title says it all. It's a nice looking bag, and perfectly functional, but it will ruin every pair of pants you own. It even leaves tough stains on denim- though you can get them mostly removed with half a stain stick and a couple washes.

I emailed the manufacturer three weeks ago about it. Unsurprisingly, there's been no response.

Stay far, far away.
on July 1, 2014
Great looking bag but beware - the stain comes off very easily and will ruin light colored clothes as the stain is almost impossible to remove once on your clothes. A jacket as well. Any rubbing motion when walking will tranfer the bag color to your trousers.

I've had this bag for over a year - I initially purchased it in autumn and used it everyday until summer when I discovered when wearing light colored trousers it was staining my clothes. It went in the closet until winter. So after another fall and winter discovered today that it still leaves a stain. It goes back in the closet tonight and won't be used again. Time for a new bag.
on January 18, 2015
Rubbed it down good after reading other reviews and took much brown dye off that would otherwise be on clothes and elsewhere. Otherwise a very nice bag, though next purchase will have a handle, which I miss more than expected.
on May 21, 2013
This bag is not only beautiful, its practical. It has lots of room but holds its shape. And the leather just gets more soft with use. I love all of the pockets and compartments. Its well made and sturdy. I use it everyday for work and it takes a lot of abuse, but still looks awesome!
on February 23, 2015
This is a very nice bag. Although it is a bit small for using as a full-time work bag (for the lawyers: it can hold legal documents, but it does not fit red-well folders if you want to carry an entire legal file to court), it efficiently provides sufficient space among its multiple pockets, and it fits my ultrabook. This makes it great for travel and basic daily use. It is a very sleek bag; I get a lot of compliments on it, and I get a lot of requests from friends to borrow it when they travel.

As a con, it lacks strap-adjusting hinges to make wearing the strap across your body easier.
on June 8, 2015
I've had this bag for about 18 months, and I have no complaints. I read that some folks are having issues with oil from the bag rubbing off and staining clothing, etc. This has not been my experience. I wore khakis and a white shirt the first week I got it and had absolutely no marks or stains on me. My bag has been exposed to all weather, including rain and snow, and hasn't stained despite the fact that I haven't treated the leather. After 18 months, my bag looks nearly as good as the day that I purchased it. If you are looking for a bag that offers protection for your notebook, this isn't the one for you. The leather isn't padded or thick enough to protect against any type of drop. If an aesthetically pleasing bag is your only requirement, look no further.
on May 1, 2013
Very stylish and durable bag. My 13 inch mac fits perfectly with room to spare for 1' folder. I didn't have any issues with staining as others have reported.