- Brand Name: VisionTek
- Model Number: 900317
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Graphics Coprocessor: AMD
- Graphics Card Ram: 128.0 MB
VisionTek Killer 2100 128 MB DDR2 PCI Express Gaming Network Card 900317
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Advanced Game Detect - Automatically classifies and accelerates traffic to and from your game faster than any other desktop, gigabit networking product on the planet.
- Visual Bandwidth Control - See which applications are hogging bandwidth and tune performance for each, so they don't interfere with your online gameplay
- Application Blocking - Provides per-application control to block programs that access the network for increased performance and safety.
- Online Gaming PC Monitor - Monitor and manage the health and performance of your gaming rig with graphical displays, detailed logging and a completely redesigned user interface.
- Automatic Bandwidth Sensors - Measure total networking bandwidth and monitor real-time usage details for each application, so you can optimize your online gaming experience.
Customers Also Shopped For
From the Manufacturer
The Killer™ 2100 Gaming Network Card delivers maximum networking performance for online games, whether you’re playing MMOs or first-person shooters. Featuring Advanced Game Detect™, Killer™ 2100 automatically classifies and accelerates traffic to your game ahead of other network traffic for maximum online game performance and a competitive edge. Visual Bandwidth Control™ lets you see which applications are hogging bandwidth and tune performance for each, so they don’t interfere with your online game. Bigfoot Networks’ exclusive Online Gaming PC Monitor™ lets you monitor the performance of your online gaming PC with at-a-glance charts and detailed logging.
Killer™ 2100 Gaming Network Card
The gray line represents the latency of a standard motherboard network controller during a game benchmark. As you can see, it averages 6.04 milliseconds, but spikes up to 10.5 milliseconds at least once during the 90 second test. In fact, it’s difficult to predict when a standard NIC will actually swing into high latency – repeated runs of this test will generate different values.
The yellow line represents the UDP latency of a Killer™ 2100. As you can see, its average latency is 251 MICROseconds, with spikes no higher than 317 microseconds.
These test results are remarkable. This shows that:
- Latency in game networking conditions is an erratic, noisy affair, where the actual latency generated by your network card in no way resembles the “ping” number you see in your game.
- Latency in standard NICs swings wildly compared to what we’ve previously understood.
- The advantages provided by Killer™ 2100 are unbeatable. In the above case, almost 24 times faster than the measured onboard NIC.
Windows Network Stack ByPass and CPU Offload
Game Networking DNA™ - Only Bigfoot Networks’ Killer 2100 has exclusive Game Networking DNA designed to maximize online gaming performance. Game Networking DNA combines the benefits of a dedicated network processor (NPU), Game Detect™, Windows stack bypass, Visual Bandwidth Control™ and other technologies designed to deliver the best online gaming experience possible.
Forged with the perfect blend of gaming passion and technical know-how, the Bigfoot Networks Killer™ 2100 Gaming Network Card is quite simply the fastest network card available for online games.
Game Networking DNA™
Only Bigfoot Networks’ Killer 2100™ has exclusive Game Networking DNA™ combining the benefits of a dedicated network processor, Windows network stack, CPU offload and other technologies designed to deliver the best online gaming experience possible.
- Advanced Game Detect™: Automatically classifies and accelerates traffic to and from your game faster than any other desktop, gigabit networking product on the planet.
- Visual Bandwidth Control™: See which applications are hogging bandwidth and tune performance for each, so they don’t interfere with your online gameplay.
- Application Blocking: Provides per-application control to block programs that access the network for increased performance and safety.
- Online Gaming PC Monitor™: Monitor and manage the health and performance of your gaming rig with graphical displays, detailed logging and a completely redesigned user interface.
- Automatic Bandwidth Sensors: Measure total networking bandwidth and monitor real-time usage details for each application, so you can optimize your online gaming experience.
- Plug and Play: Simply plug in the card and install the software. Killer™ 2100 automatically works with all online games – no mods, patches or updates required.
- Blazing Speed: Whether you’re playing MMOs or first-person shooters, the Killer™ 2100 Gaming Network Card is the fastest networking product available delivering a new level of online gaming performance and a competitive edge over other network cards.
- Intelligence: Killer™ 2100 identifies and accelerates traffic to your game with Advanced Game Detect™ for unmatched online gaming performance.
- Maximum Control: See which applications are hogging your bandwidth. Set limits using Visual Bandwidth Control™ or shut them down completely with Application Blocking, so they don’t interfere with your online games.
- Visibility: Monitor and manage the health and performance of your gaming rig with at-a-glance Online Gaming PC Monitor™.
- Optimized Voice Chat: Get clearer chat and lower-lag by prioritizing your favorite voice programs with Visual Bandwidth Control™.
- Plug And Play: Works automatically with all online games - no mods, patches or updates required.
Features and Specifications
Speeds and feeds:
Top Customer Reviews
1- the plastic box around the board need to be disassembled in order to fit in if you have a good video card next to the slot, with the plastic case on is no way you can fit it.
2- once installed, you download the software from the disk.....just to find out that is outdated and you will need to completely uninstall the software and river and re-install the again the software AND driver from their web site, ((but you must uninstall the version from the CD)), what is a pain to do as the program literally fights to stay on your system registry.
3- be aware, software in thie disk also download advertising (without ask for permission) this ""free"" ads will asking you to ""buy"" something else in order to this device work properly (some sort of clean sweep for the registry) the window now keeps popping out now and them.....lame that they put this unwanted stuff with their product.
4- it's being days that I am waiting for customer support on an open ticket about a message error I am getting.
5- zero improvement on gaming, software lies...show bellow 40 ping when I am actually at way over 130
6- their web sites even does not work, many links are faulty, there is a board and mainly with people having all sorts of problems and no moderators to help.
Don't waste your money on this! card is nothing different from the networking card you already have on your PC, the software is the one that just re-route stuff and it is very weak, lay out of their software remind me the 20 years old DOS sytem.Read more ›
Cons: Software package and support is laughable at best, their best response is "try older drivers". The first thing you'll notice is the card repeatedly telling you it's firmware and driver do not match and it will reflash, all will seem fine for a few power cycles but rest assured within a day or two on a cold boot it will give you the same message and then proceed to reflash the card. It's such a problem they even mention it in a popup message following the initial installation but they simply tell you to go to their forums for assistance where they will then tell you to try older drivers witch did nothing for me, the problem keeps coming back regardless of how many fresh formats and installations of windows i tried.
Most importantly, if you own windows blinds or other stardock software do not purchase this card, the software package/drivers fail to function if windows blind is installed on your machine, it's a known problem that tech support will inform you of after you contact them
Other Thoughts: The potential benefits of the card soon become outweighed by it's incompatibilities and driver/software package short comings, thankfully amazon has such a wonderful return policy.
I have had an email in with support asking for assistance for over half a year, with no response. I have re-submitted the email 3 times asking finally for a replacement and then a refund. This company is a joke, the product is a joke, avoid this at all costs.
A- You have a TERRIBLE, single core CPU and windows XP.
B- You have no idea how to use port fowarding software included with your router.
C- You're running a server that hosts Multiple rooms in multiple games and simultaneously downloads through torrents.
So basically, you should save your 70 bucks and buy something better.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
fantastic device good price solved a huge driver issue between win 7 and my Gigabyte motherboard.Published 3 months ago by Scar
The awesomest & Best upgrade i have done to my Win7 system, once i figured out how to integrate it in. It takes all the network traffic! Read morePublished 8 months ago by Jeremy P.
Had issues from day one, with this product. Did not get my full internet speeds when using this product, even after tons of troubleshooting and a replacement.Published 11 months ago by Brock Balfour
Makes for a good connection and is much faster than any wifi card out there!
BE AWARE that it is only wired and does not have any wireless connectivity!
this is a good gigabit nic while i don't use the killer features or the gaming stuff its way better the the 100mb nick i have in the unitPublished on August 27, 2013 by Jsalz1
best ever. some of them are saying allot of negatives is because they are not familiar with Tweaks and Chips in the registry and options.Published on June 17, 2013 by Sai