Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on June 3, 2010
Sometimes, you really have to wonder about some negative reviews.
Someone said that it wasn't Windows 7 compatible......IT IS and Windows 7 picked it up in a flash.
Someone said that the fan was too noisey.....IT'S NOT and it's whisper quiet.
Someone said that you had to use DVI for HDMI.....YOU DON'T, for there's an HDMI output on the card as well as DVI and VGA.
My cpuz64 test showed a dramatic bump up in Clocks Core & Clocks Memory.....
Nvidia onboard with 256 mbytes of memory showed Clocks Core @ 425 mhz and Clocks Memory @ 100 mhz versus HD4350 PCI-E showed Clocks Core @ 600 mhz and Clocks Memory @ 400 mhz with 512 mbytes memory and 64 bit bus width.
....not to mention that it free's up system memory.
This is as it stands with my card that I just received and installed on my Windows 7 system.
1010 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2011
NOTE:

*Needs 250 watt minimum power supply (mine is 300 watt, which is recommended on the box and works comfortably)

*If you don't have a case screw for the expansion slot, get one (if you're still using VGA, the case screw is a must-have unless you want to risk damaging the card while pressing a VGA end into the slot)

*If you are still using DDR1 RAM and/or do not have a newer processor, your performance will be bottlenecked (limited) by that, not this card; this graphics card is mid-lower range, but should still do decent with more modern games, if you have the processor/RAM format to handle them

*If the fan does not spin on your card, do not try to use it, and have it returned and/or fitted with a replacement card fan ASAP; the card will overheat in less than 40 minutes regardless of whether or not you're playing a game unless it has a working fan

*Make sure you have enough fans to dissipate the heat from both your processor and this card

*Have at least 2 GB RAM (ideally 4 GB or more) if you intend to use this for gaming

----

No hassle from the card installation; I opened up my case, pulled out the expansion cover, stuck this into the PCI Express slot, plugged in the monitor, and away I went.

I don't play modern games (to get my money's worth from my PS3), but the Sims 3, Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, Left 4 Dead 1, and Red Alert 3 (which was relatively recent and has lots of silly particle effects) all play good to flawless with this card, on relatively high settings. Most games should do fine (almost all games made before Windows 7 should run pretty fast).

Needless to say, if you're running a game that still lists X-series ATI cards, this card will blaze through it.

Native resolution is true HD, which is nice. It also supports dual-monitor display, and if your TV is HDMI, it should work just as well.

L4D is a bit choppy (about 21 FPS), but that has more to do with my DDR1 RAM and AMD Athelon 2.4 GHz X2 processor (which is minimum spec for L4D) than anything. I'm sure that this card can handle L4D2 or Portal 2 just fine, if you have a decent processor.

All in all, a great card (on Black Friday, it was only $39, which is a great price for what it's worth, and saved me $400+ for a newer computer's updated integrated graphics).
on October 17, 2011
I would recommend this to anyone especially those with a low power supply pc.I had a warm time finding a card that was compatible with my dell 530 inspiron with a 300 watt power supply.I was told to upgrade my power supply but i plan on buying a new pc so it wouldnt make sense, i just wanted to use my dell for a while cause its only 4 yr old.I tried nvidia cards with dell which was said compatible and had to return them all even though nvidia is the card of my choice but this fanless AMD is truly amazing.No fan noise except the one in the pc plays games although it is not meant for games but im not a heavy gamer just exceptions so i tried supreme commander and universe at war atlest 20hrs gameplay a day just to see what would happen all on high settings runs like a charm with no problems.The only weird thing is when i try to update the catalyst 11.6 to 11.7 it does but still shows me 11.6 but all in all very great card well recommended easy installation low power consumption Dell 530 inspiron compatible and low price and quick delivery by Amazon before expected thanks much Amazon.
on September 20, 2013
The technician told me that there was no card made that I could buy on line that would fit. He was right but he failed to guess that a 92 year old man could fix it. It is installed and works great.
on December 5, 2012
A lot of people criticize this card for not being meant for gaming but its good for some modern games.I am able to play some of my favorite games like fallout 3 (mid to high settings),gta 4 (mid to high settings with highest resolution),resident evil 5 (high settings),The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (low to mid settings but you may be able to play to mid to high settings using some performance mods which i tried and runs ok),nba 2k12 (maxed out),and you are most likely to play any other old games well too.Other problems i have with it is that it is quite noisy but it won't bug me that much.I have a weak psu which is 250w and this card works well with it.It isn't that hard to install for me afterwards i just started up my pc went and download the latest drivers for the card and install it and I'm good from there.I would recommend this card if you have a weak psu and are in a budget.
on January 13, 2010
Pros and Cons:
1. Easy installation. I don't see any problem with Win7 and XP.
2. Dual support is very good, the ATI setup software is also very useful.
3. A little bit fan noise. But I used fanless card before so I don't have any comparison with other cards with fan.
Other thoughts:
1. Why even the same models (visiontek) have different port design? I found in another store there was a direct HDMI port (i.e., 1 HDMI + 1 VGA + 1 DVI). But this one has DVI+VGA+S-video plus a DVI-HDMI adapter.
2. Can the DVI-HDMI adapter have a "HDMI with audio" linkage, as advertised on the box?
on July 12, 2012
I needed a new video card for me Dell Inspiron 530, with Windows 7 so that I could use a dual monitor setup. I am NOT a computer tech, although I have played with computers for a long time. This was the easiest install of any peripheral that I've ever added or replaced.

For folks having problems - read the instructions! If you have an onboard video as I did, you must go into the BIOS and disable it. If you have another video card, you must uninstall the drivers first.

Start to finish - this was my process.

Start time - 9:30am
1. Check device manager to see what type video I have (ok looking at the back of my system would have told me that it was onboard.)
2. Power down the system completely and unplug power.
3. Open PC, install card into PCIe slot.
4. Close PC and put screws back in.
5. Plug power in and attach monitor to new card.
6. Start PC, go into setup, disable onboard video.
7. Install new drivers.
8. Reboot.
Finish time - 9:40am

It's so easy even a girl can do it!
on October 6, 2012
My Dell XPS 410 computer needed a new GPU to connect to an LCD TV, with an HDMI. This card was very easy to install. I only needed to find an updated video driver at the AMD site. I did not find this card to be noisy,in fact the computer is still very quiet.
My older Dell is running Vista 32 bit windows(love it)with 4GB of memory, and a 375 W PSU.
on August 24, 2013
some lenovo machines won't even fire up with certain video cards.
i had a ati 5000 series card and the machine wouldn't even post with it. after some research, i found that a 4000 series ati card should work...this one does and it works just dandy for streaming and it gives the machine some extra zip.
works great with linux and windows and never overheated or failed.
it's a great little low end card that you can use to turn your old office 'puter into a dandy little media center.
let's watch a movie.
on October 29, 2014
Purchased as a replacement for a damaged one. Not sure what caused the old one to die, just hoping this one will last longer than the first one. I am very happy to see "normal" colors again.