4.0 out of 5 stars Good For The Price
I got this MP3 player today and I'll be updating this review as new things come up. When I bought it the reviews on here didn't satisfy all my questions so hopefully this one does!

Opened up the package today, it comes with a USB charger, a pair of earbuds, and a TV input cord.

--FIRST IMPRESSIONS--

The MP3 player itself is very light...
Published on April 2, 2012 by Justin N. Rose

2.0 out of 5 stars It's really not that great . . .
the touch screen is a little weird, but you can adjust the sensitivity. It is also like the touch sceen was meant more for a hard plastic stylus than a finger, but you can get used to it.

The Camera is CRAP (but i don't care because I have a real camera).

The video is pretty good (but I don't use it for video).

SO, for me, the biggest let...
Published 11 months ago by Joy Eggleston

4.0 out of 5 stars Good For The Price, April 2, 2012
This review is from: Visual Land ME-975L-8GB-BLK V-Touch Pro 8 GB 3-Inch Touchscreen MP3 Player with Camera (Black) (Electronics)

--FIRST IMPRESSIONS--

The MP3 player itself is very light. Hardly heavier than my old Sansa, although it's twice the size. The screen is beautiful, 3' and well made. Because it's so light, it feels a little cheap in your hand. It's not made out of the finest plastic, I could see it breaking in the future if it got stepped on or something.

--TURNING ON THE SYSTEM--

I attached the charger and was surprised that it gives you three options. You can a) Charge and Play, b) Charge and Data (which I assume means adding music/vids while charging) and c) Just plain charge. I liked this because sometimes I don't want to be interrupted while listening if my battery is running out. My old Sansa didn't have this option.

I selected Charge and Play and messed around the interface for a bit. It's obviously an imitation of the iPod icon system. The touchscreen took some getting used to. It requires more pressure to select icons than on an iPod. At first I was worried the touchscreen was faulty, but I was easily able to navigate when I applied the correct pressure.

--CAMERA/RECORDER--

I was most curious about the quality of the camera. Turns out it's a 2.0 megapixel camera. The pictures were actually not terrible. In a pinch, it could be used in a well lit space to snap a few pics. The video recorder was similar in that it was decent but not great. As long as whatever you're recording doesn't move around a ton and it's close, you should be able to get a decent video of it.

--UPLOADING--

I have a micro SD card I used to upgrade the memory to 16 gbs. I inserted it and the device instantly recognized it. Neat. Next I transferred about 7 gbs of music onto the device internal memory using the Windows folder system. Worked like a charm. However, the music took a long time to upload. I'm estimating about 30 minutes for 7 gbs. On my old Sansa, that would have taken around 10. But maybe because it's charging it takes longer.

Update: It's not just because it was charging. It takes a while to load. Another negative is that navigation between the micro SD card memory and the internal memory is sort of a pain. They're not consolidated into one library like some other systems. Rather you have to push the "card memory" to access those songs.

--EARBUDS--

They're not good, although they look pretty stylish. No bass, low quality. I immediately swapped them out for a better pair and the music quality improved by a lot.

--SOUND QUALITY--

So far so good! It's nothing special, but the music sounds good and rich. Definitely an upgrade from my previous MP3.

--VIDEO--

Watched an episode of Big Bang Theory on it. This was a major trip-up. While the visual ran smoothly, the audio lagged a second behind. A little annoying. The screen is really nice, as previously mentioned. However, it seemed a little dim. It'd be fine at night, but during the day it's not gonna be competing with your TV or Laptop. I wasn't planning on watching movies on this thing, but if you were, I'd reconsider.

---OVERALL RATING---

Price 9/10
Feel/Look 8/10

OVERALL 7.5/10

---FINAL WORD---

If you want to use this for purely music purposes, I'd recommend it. If not, then I wouldn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, great price!, March 2, 2012
If you're looking for a great touch screen mp3 player this would be the one I recommend. I've purchased other Visual Land products in the past and this one is my favorite at the moment. The 3" screen is very nice and the pictures taken with the built in camera are displayed crisp and clear, you can also record video! I got the 8GB model and it is plenty of storage space for my use, but if you need more space to hold all your music/pictures/videos it does allow for expansion through a microSD slot, up to 16GB I believe. It supports wide range of different audio, video and picture formats which is awesome. Comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack and also an external speaker, also has a voice recorder which is a useful feature. Menus are easy to navigate with the touch screen or three nice, responsive buttons. Overall it is a very nice mp3 player that I plan on using for a long time...or until the next one comes out haha!

2.0 out of 5 stars It's really not that great . . ., September 22, 2013

The Camera is CRAP (but i don't care because I have a real camera).

The video is pretty good (but I don't use it for video).

SO, for me, the biggest let down was the RADIO! The radio is basically unusable. It receives nothing. Which for a person who is only using it for music (like me) it is a huge let down. If I only listen to the songs I have downloaded I will get sick of them, so I like to swith back and forth with the radio. But . . . no . . . I can't use the radio.

so, if you only want it for downloaded songs it is not a bad buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Having a hard time loading with music, March 27, 2014
I bought this for my son he just wanted something cheap while he runs, so if he broke it as he says I wouldn't get mad. We are trying to load it with music and having a lot of trouble doing so, other than that he really likes this MP3 player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and good price, March 6, 2012
Good price and good amount of features. Handy little mp3 and the touchscreen makes it easy to navigate. In addition to this, it's simple to load files and use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love It, July 11, 2014
Daughter loves it. Color matches her Visual Land Prestige Pro 7D Tablets and accessories. Thought the touch screen would be more sensitive like my cell phone especially for the price. But i Love the bigger screen than all those other brands. Also wish it came with 16GB or more to hold lots of music but for my daughter this will due and is good enough for now.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I hoped it would be....., August 8, 2014
the device itself is ok, but the USB cable to recharge it stopped working correctly within 2 months (it seems as if there is a broken connection with the wires inside of the cable) - I can get the device to charge if I hold the end of the cable or bend it at the end and place a heavy object against it to hold it in place. Also, it did not come with an electrical outlet adapter, only the USB cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy., September 16, 2012
This product is horrible. You have tap on the screen multiple times in order for it to go through, even though it is touch screen. there's was a shortage in the device within a couple of weeks. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone, do not buy this product because it is a waste of your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont get, July 9, 2014
very cheap

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, May 10, 2014
Worst product i have bought from amazon ever. screen has to be pressed hard to select anything and transferring music to it from pc is a joke.

Rate and Discover Movies