Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Visual Land ME-975L-8GB-BLK V-Touch Pro 8 GB 3-Inch Touchscreen MP3 Player with Camera (Black)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 2, 2012
I got this MP3 player today and I'll be updating this review as new things come up. When I bought it the reviews on here didn't satisfy all my questions so hopefully this one does!

Opened up the package today, it comes with a USB charger, a pair of earbuds, and a TV input cord.

--FIRST IMPRESSIONS--

The MP3 player itself is very light. Hardly heavier than my old Sansa, although it's twice the size. The screen is beautiful, 3' and well made. Because it's so light, it feels a little cheap in your hand. It's not made out of the finest plastic, I could see it breaking in the future if it got stepped on or something.

--TURNING ON THE SYSTEM--

I attached the charger and was surprised that it gives you three options. You can a) Charge and Play, b) Charge and Data (which I assume means adding music/vids while charging) and c) Just plain charge. I liked this because sometimes I don't want to be interrupted while listening if my battery is running out. My old Sansa didn't have this option.

I selected Charge and Play and messed around the interface for a bit. It's obviously an imitation of the iPod icon system. The touchscreen took some getting used to. It requires more pressure to select icons than on an iPod. At first I was worried the touchscreen was faulty, but I was easily able to navigate when I applied the correct pressure.

--CAMERA/RECORDER--

I was most curious about the quality of the camera. Turns out it's a 2.0 megapixel camera. The pictures were actually not terrible. In a pinch, it could be used in a well lit space to snap a few pics. The video recorder was similar in that it was decent but not great. As long as whatever you're recording doesn't move around a ton and it's close, you should be able to get a decent video of it.

--UPLOADING--

I have a micro SD card I used to upgrade the memory to 16 gbs. I inserted it and the device instantly recognized it. Neat. Next I transferred about 7 gbs of music onto the device internal memory using the Windows folder system. Worked like a charm. However, the music took a long time to upload. I'm estimating about 30 minutes for 7 gbs. On my old Sansa, that would have taken around 10. But maybe because it's charging it takes longer.

Update: It's not just because it was charging. It takes a while to load. Another negative is that navigation between the micro SD card memory and the internal memory is sort of a pain. They're not consolidated into one library like some other systems. Rather you have to push the "card memory" to access those songs.

--EARBUDS--

They're not good, although they look pretty stylish. No bass, low quality. I immediately swapped them out for a better pair and the music quality improved by a lot.

--SOUND QUALITY--

So far so good! It's nothing special, but the music sounds good and rich. Definitely an upgrade from my previous MP3.

--VIDEO--

Watched an episode of Big Bang Theory on it. This was a major trip-up. While the visual ran smoothly, the audio lagged a second behind. A little annoying. The screen is really nice, as previously mentioned. However, it seemed a little dim. It'd be fine at night, but during the day it's not gonna be competing with your TV or Laptop. I wasn't planning on watching movies on this thing, but if you were, I'd reconsider.

---OVERALL RATING---

Price 9/10
Feel/Look 8/10

OVERALL 7.5/10

---FINAL WORD---

If you want to use this for purely music purposes, I'd recommend it. If not, then I wouldn't.
22 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2012
If you're looking for a great touch screen mp3 player this would be the one I recommend. I've purchased other Visual Land products in the past and this one is my favorite at the moment. The 3" screen is very nice and the pictures taken with the built in camera are displayed crisp and clear, you can also record video! I got the 8GB model and it is plenty of storage space for my use, but if you need more space to hold all your music/pictures/videos it does allow for expansion through a microSD slot, up to 16GB I believe. It supports wide range of different audio, video and picture formats which is awesome. Comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack and also an external speaker, also has a voice recorder which is a useful feature. Menus are easy to navigate with the touch screen or three nice, responsive buttons. Overall it is a very nice mp3 player that I plan on using for a long time...or until the next one comes out haha!
on September 22, 2013
the touch screen is a little weird, but you can adjust the sensitivity. It is also like the touch sceen was meant more for a hard plastic stylus than a finger, but you can get used to it.

The Camera is CRAP (but i don't care because I have a real camera).

The video is pretty good (but I don't use it for video).

SO, for me, the biggest let down was the RADIO! The radio is basically unusable. It receives nothing. Which for a person who is only using it for music (like me) it is a huge let down. If I only listen to the songs I have downloaded I will get sick of them, so I like to swith back and forth with the radio. But . . . no . . . I can't use the radio.

so, if you only want it for downloaded songs it is not a bad buy.
on July 11, 2014
Daughter loves it. Color matches her Visual Land Prestige Pro 7D Tablets and accessories. Thought the touch screen would be more sensitive like my cell phone especially for the price. But i Love the bigger screen than all those other brands. Also wish it came with 16GB or more to hold lots of music but for my daughter this will due and is good enough for now.
on March 27, 2014
I bought this for my son he just wanted something cheap while he runs, so if he broke it as he says I wouldn't get mad. We are trying to load it with music and having a lot of trouble doing so, other than that he really likes this MP3 player.
on December 10, 2013
This is junk! The touch-screen technology is absolutely terrible - it responds to touch when it wants to and eventually stops responding all together (even with a stylus). It is poorly built and breaks easily (the screen and other parts broke on mine and I had to have it replaced). The sub-menus, once passed the nice icons on the home screen, are outdated, difficult to navigate and don't provide the best options for viewing and playing back media. As an example: once you enter the music storage space, song titles and artist names aren't fully visible because the line space runs off of the screen. You don't have the ability to reorder the list by artist, album or song and you don't have the ability to create new folders other than through computer interface. The device also auto locks and requires that you drag a virtual slide to unlock it. This means forced screen usage and once the screen goes out, you won't be able to unlock it to do anything with it. Also, one of the audio outputs eventually failed so it no longer has stereo sound but rather, mono.

With this device - you pay for what you get. It's cheap for a real reason. That being said, it's not ALL bad. For the price, it makes a good portable media storage device or emergency camera. The FM radio is also a nice feature but everything on this device depends on the touch-screen functioning properly (which it doesn't). If the device had optional buttons to use to avoid the touch-screen issues, it would be phenomenal.

If you're looking for something that you'll use often or while working out - this is not the device for you. If you just need a portable place to store media, you're not too tech savvy, you are light-handed and tech patient - this is for you.
on December 11, 2013
Started to send back,left decision to gift recipient, Bought as Christmas gift for my 12 year old who requested touch mp3 with camera.
Read all reviews,sort of felt could be okay. I did not have good luck with screen calibrating,did not like the delay,did not like the plastic touch screen,not easy to take pictures,fm radio did not tune to any stations ,my 26 yearold said send it back too.
The kids had easy enough maneuverabilty on the screen with smaller fingers,better luck with calibration,mostly only wanted it for mp3 and downloadable video.Sound quality is good,included earbuds are comfy if you like earbuds.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2015
Good product. However, the operating information provided by the manufacturers is limited, that is they don't provide 'full function' explanation. One has to use 'trial & error' to operate it to one's needs.
on March 6, 2014
I really was looking forward to getting my new MP3 player I was thinking that it would be similar to my smartphone touchscreen but I was disappointed. It is hard to get the screen to accept what I want. I have to push, I think really hard for a touch screen to get the screen to do anything at times and then I have to press the things I want under the actually area and if there is a lot of stuff I am pushing everything and not able to get what I want to come up. I just thought it would be awesome and I don't know if it the name brand and simply that it was less expensive therefore I got what I paid for kind of thing. I just wanted a new MP3 player that wasn't going to break me. I will say it plays my music great.
on December 29, 2014
This product is not a good purchase. We bought it for my 13-year-old daughter for Christmas. The appearance looks great but the material it is made from is rather flimsy. It is very lightweight. Also, you have to push down very hard on the buttons and screen (and several other reviews mentioned that prior to my purchase but I opted to buy anyway...it was a mistake). It is not a very expensive MP3 player but I did expect more for the price. The volume when turned up all the way is hardly loud at all, making it not good for listening to music (unless you're in the library! LOL). I am very disappointed in this product and would absolutely discourage anyone from purchasing this for any reason. In the haste of Christmas present cleanup, the package was discarded, otherwise this would definitely be going back!