on September 25, 2010
This is a cheap MP3 payer because of the following: 1. The buttons are not always responsive. 2. The sequence of button pressing used to navigate around does not always make it do what you pressed it to do making it sometimes respond like the software is buggy - can be frustrating to repeat your steps over and over. 3. The forward and back buttons are so small that it's too easy to acidentally hit the pause / stop button in the middle.

This player works best when treated like a sequential player - plays one song after another.

You can create the equivalent of playlists on this unit, but if you like to go back and forth through them, be forewarned as the buttons, and the sequence of button pressing required to do this, are not always responsive or work the way the instructions say they should work.

My recommendation: Get it playing then leave it playing.

The FM tuner is very good.

The clip makes it great for using in the gym, working in the garage, yard or walking. (Don't see many mp3 players with clips these days.)

The voice recorder records best if held closly like a microphone. I placed the device on my desk and recited Mellier Pascall's "My Love has Wings" but I could hardly hear myself.

It is a solid and sturdy little device as I take it everywhere and never baby it. I have dropped it, squished it, and gotten it all sweaty and it still works the same.

Battery life is good. Plays for a long time when fully charged - maybe 15 hours. However, it's drained on me within a few days when left unused.

The micro SD feature is great. Allows you to store at least another 2 GBs of songs or data and that feature is rare.

It does deserve credit in the way it sounds. The earphones supplied are very good.

All in all, it's worth $20.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 24, 2010
UPDATE: Player has the right idea, but is too poorly made. Headphone jack messed up after a month. The units been replaced once already on the 30 warranty period, now its trash. Maybe you will get a good one???

Great buy, has alot of neat features like 3d "aural?" sound, easy to setup, has SD card slot to add music, with 2 gb of internal storage. Headphones are great, player is very small and cheaply made though.

good: lots of storage, small, 3d sound, easy to load, connects easy, uses the same charger as my razr phone! cheap! very loud also- deafening loud! rechargeable battery is awesome too! fm radio

bad: clip easily broken, controls are tiny- hard to get to ffw/pause/rwd, not fun trying to find music, no mp3 shuffle, hard to figure out fm controls seek/memory

Im buying one for my kids and wife, so cant be all bad, just be careful with it.... For the price its a great buy
on October 1, 2010
Good buy if you are looking for a mp3 player and don't want to spend a lot. Built in battery so you don't have to keep buying new ones all the time.

Pros: Small and light weight, easy to load music, FM radio, Price, rechargeable battery.

Cons: Cheap plastic, controls take a little getting use to, player controls sleep after a few minutes and you have to hit the button once to wake it up before it response.

I bought this player strictly for use in my car and it does what I want it to. I recommend this product if you are looking for a mp3 player without a large price tag.
on August 25, 2011
When I received the Visual Land V-Clip Pro 2GB Mp3 player this morning,I had no idea what was going to happen.I tried to charge the player according to the instructions but it was all in vain.Nothing happened.The player wouldn't charge,nothing worked and I think it is completely useless.
on June 21, 2011
I don't know if this is dead on arrival or what but I've had it charging for a few hours and cannot get it to power on. When I attempt to connect it to a Windows 7 machine it attempts to install drivers then gives up. After trying on an XP rig, which also couldn't get this useless piece of plastic to work, I decide to check the company's FAQ. Also completely useless. Going to try their support email, wish me luck.
on June 21, 2011
I have purchased the blue version of this player and beg you, the reader, to consider looking else where for a player. While this thing is tiny, it has issues being recognized by Windows XP, Vista, and 7 operating systems. Their support website is next to useless and the engineer who planned this thing was probably more at home creating labor saving implements in the 60s instead of music players.
on February 3, 2013
This player has a good speaker for its size. The clip is strong but the buttons can be unresponsive sometimes. Whenever you first get it you can get angry trying to use it because it is hard to navigate between files and songs. You get used to it after awhile. The screen is small but readable. It has a text reader and telephone book (?)
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Fully charged, plugged it in, NO DRIVERS RECOGNIZED ON EITHER XP OR WINDOWS7! Wouldn't turn on after first time of turning it on. What is this thing? A suspender for your trousers?! I FELT AWEFUL FOR GIFTING THIS!!!

PAY $5 MORE AND GET A WORKING DEVICE.

******TRASH AND A WASTE OF INTERNET SPACE**********
on December 7, 2010
Agree with other reviewers said. Additional cons:
- the battery is enough for less than a day. Not a day of non-stop playing - I would listen during morning and evening commute, and it's dead around 9PM. Weird; I had another player at the same price range, and it was running for almost a week.
- Very slow fast forward. it goes about 8 minutes per minute. So, to get to an hour mark I need to hold the control for over 7 minutes. Given that controls are very uncomfortable, it is not an easy chore. On several occasions I jerked, and it switched to the next track.
- Let me repeat - controls are very uncomfortable. My wife with long nails cannot use the player at all.
- Screen is very difficult to see in the sun.
- The clip broke off as well.
- My computer doesn't boot (gets stuck on BIOS self-test) when the player is plugged into USB port.

This all would make me give it three stars (I agree with pluses as well). However, I was charging it in the computer; and the computer crashed with BSOD. MP3 was still charging; I took it out, it felt hung as well. I turned it off; then turned it on again. Ever since the screen is not working. The keys work (I remember the sequence to turn it on) - but not the screen.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 15, 2011
This mp3 was 1 of 3 that I bought for my family. And 2 of them just quit working I don't think that they lasted 1 week. I would not recommend this product.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

See 1 answered question