book to everyone who wants to reach further with their photography or other creative endeavor they cherish.” —Douglas Kirkland
From the Back Cover
Whether you are an amateur or professional, architect or acupuncturist, physician or photographer, this guide provides inspiration, simple techniques, and assignments to boost your creative process and improve your digital images using natural light without additional gear.
Chris Orwig's insights—to reduce and simplify, participate rather than critique, and capture a story—have made him an immensely popular workshop speaker and faculty member at the prestigious Brooks Institute. His engaging stories presented as lessons follow his classroom approach and highlight what students say is his contagious passion for life.
In this accessible and beautifully illustrated four-color guide you will:
- Discover visual poetry in the creative process
- Use less to say more with your subject matter
- Learn to see light, color, shape, and expression
- Understand what gear is essential
- Create compelling portraits
- Make lasting memories of your family and kids
- Capture the outdoors and adventure
- Begin the transition from amateur to professional
Share your work with the author and other readers at www.flickr.com/groups/visual-poet and visit the Web site: www.visual-poet.com.