Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on June 12, 2010
Just as the title above mentions, I am new to the needs of reading glasses. I visited an Optometrist to have my eyes checked because I found myself 'straight arming' everything I was trying to read but some things I could not adjust and I had no idea how much stress I was going through until my visit. Fortunately everything checked out fine and all I needed was some inexpensive level '1' reading glasses. I was first introduced to the Visualites by the eyeglass shop across the hall from the Optometrist. I tried several on and always came back to Visualites b/c they were light, flexible and clear plastic lenses. I was told by a few veterans of reading glasses to get more than just one pair. Well I learned the hard way and went on a business trip without them and had to purchase a heavier and more expensive 'cheaters' from the rotating rack to get me through. As soon as I could I ordered 3 more pairs from Amazon/Visualites to have in the car, office, and around the house. These Visualites come in a great selections of colors and lens strength, a nice compact case and at $20 a great price. I assume I will graduate from my current 1.25 to something else as the years go by and I will only buy Visualites.
on February 15, 2012
These things are amazing. I had bought a pair of reading glasses at the grocery store or roughly the same price, and they were three times as heavy, much poorer optical quality, and twice as fragile. With the Visualites I don't even know I'm wearing them. The only reason I don't give a five-star review is that the material is so light it seems unlikely that the frame will last very long -- but if they break I'll buy another pair of the same.
on January 12, 2012
The Visualites 1 Reading Glasses that I bought in September of 2011 have just broken. The nose bridge, which is made of plastic like the rest of the glasses, snapped. I was not using a case for them at the time, but I was being gentle as always. This is the second pair that broke in the exact same way! I've gotten several compliments on their attractive style, but you should look for a sturdier pair if you want glasses to last more than 3 or 4 months.
on January 18, 2014
The lenses are excellent optical quality and glasses are lightweight, but the fatal flaw is that the temple arms are crooked, no adjustment is possible to get them to fit properly. I thought this was just my pair, but my friend also ordered one and was having trouble balancing them. Once I told her my issue, she saw the same with hers.
When you get your pair, lay them on a table to check this. Return them if either of the temple tips don't touch the table.
on June 18, 2011
I bought 2 pairs of Visualities and these are the best readers I've ever owned. The glass is clear and more scratch resistant than any I've ever owned and the frames are flexible, comfortable and durable. I will by more from these folks.
on February 21, 2012
Quickly stated, not the best looking reading glasses but the most comfortable pair I have owned I will buy more.
on June 20, 2012
Very cheap plastic the frame broke after 6 weeks of normal wear. They are comfortable to wear but to expensive to be a throw away pair of glasses.
on January 14, 2012
I have been through I don't know how many pairs over the years. I bought 2 pair of Visualites in July 2011. I only have 1 pair left (one disappeared as most all tend to do - I believe it to be glasses manufacturer's conspiracy) and have ordered 2 more. In six months time, I only had one screw loosen up on one pair. I think the case works just fine, it is a bit snug, but small enough to put in your pants pocket without a problem. I think that they are priced right, and much better quality than most I have experienced.
on January 5, 2015
These are working perfectly for me. At 1X magnification they are the perfect strength to let me read books comfortably again. I would give 5 stars, but I want to address the issue that others have had with the glasses being flimsy and with the nose piece breaking. They are very flimsy, but then they are cheap so that can be pretty much expected. But, Buyer Beware, throw away the case that comes with them immediately! It's too small and will put stress on the glasses resulting in something snapping either immediately or soon. I have the glasses case from my prescription specs and I am using it instead. It's hard case, and when I switch from one pair of glasses to the other I can swap them in and out of the case, protecting each when not in use.
on August 5, 2013
This is the 3rd pair of glasses I have bought from Visualities. I was very pleased with the other pairs -- so I ordered in a new color. Unfortunately, the temples were askew -- making the glasses fit crooked. As I tried to straighten the glasses on my face, the hinge broke. So, I'm stuck.