Initial post: Jul 25, 2013 11:31:04 PM PDT
Weibrother says:
which version is better for this game?

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 10:16:13 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 26, 2013 10:17:03 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 26, 2013 10:19:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2013 10:20:41 AM PDT
D. H. says:
Up to personal preferences, do you prioritize local co-op/bigger screen or do you prioritize portability/ease of access.

It's already out in Japan and there are plenty of videos online for both versions, there's really no "better version" as the gameplay pretty much identical.

Also note, if you plan on playing with friends you must all have the same version, you cannot play multiplayer across consoles.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2013 4:41:44 PM PDT
A. Alvarez says:
That's right you cannot, BUT when playing 'locally' you cannot use your own characters so you have to use the account holders. All your friends toons or all yours. No mixture.

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 2:36:48 AM PDT
Vile Eighty says:
I decided to do Vita first, since that's considered the latest gen.

Posted on Aug 2, 2013 8:15:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2013 8:32:28 AM PDT
R. R. Finley says:
I chose the Vita version. From the reviews I've read, the controls feel more intuitive on the Vita because they take advantage of the touch screen for looting and other actions. The PS3 version has to use the right analog stick which they say feels a bit clunky. I'll probably still pick up the PS3 version later, though.

This type of game just feels like a good one to have on the go. I don't play a lot of local co-op these days, so just having online co-op is fine. I can live with the smaller screen because the Vita's OLED screen is gorgeous and I'm sure it will really make the graphics stand out. Plus, supporting this game on the Vita will hopefully mean more original titles coming to the platform.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2013 11:58:22 AM PDT
Weibrother says:
yeah i feel the same way, i decided to pre order vita version.

Posted on Aug 4, 2013 6:31:48 PM PDT
Descepticon says:
Vita version here as well.

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 9:24:26 AM PDT
Vita Doods! My Vita needs some lovin' and I need an excuse to put down my 3DS. Been playing that damn system non-stop since February. Fire Emblem, Devil Survivor Overclocked, Shin Megaten IV...

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 9:33:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 5, 2013 9:34:28 AM PDT
Colt says:
It seems like a lot of people are picking this up on the PS3 for the bigger screen. I got it for my Vita though (Hooray!)! So many people are bashing Vita :-(. Vita really is a fantastic device that needs and deserves a lot more love than people and developers are giving it!! I am super stoked to play Dragon's Crown on my Vita though, should be great!

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 10:41:08 AM PDT
yahzee says:
Got this for the Vita as well. I'm hoping that a lot of other people do too so the online co-op will be awesome and not have long wait times :o

Posted on Aug 5, 2013 7:46:15 PM PDT
Vita all the way.

My Vita's gonna be happy this year with Dragon's Crown, Ys, Valhalla Knights III, Killzone Mercenary, etc.

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 11:02:46 AM PDT
Was going to pick this up for Vita first, but heard from TotalBiscuit that the framerate tends to get a bit choppy in larger battles.
I assume I'm eventually going to pick up the Vita version further down the line since the game allows you to
transfer save files between the PS3 and the Vita.

Posted on Aug 6, 2013 11:18:16 AM PDT
Keenan Gills says:
I will be getting this on the Vita. I might pick it up for the PS3 once the price drops.

Posted on Aug 9, 2013 7:51:48 AM PDT
T. Paslay says:
Vita. Haven't had any framerate issues. Looks just as pretty and is portable. Touch screen works well, I've tried using runes and getting hidden treasures with the right analog and it's SUPER annoying.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2013 8:38:39 PM PDT
Jason says:
I went for the Vita version, and I can say that I am loving this game. I haven't had any issues with this version whatsoever. Though I do plan on eventually getting the PS3 version to play with my brother since he doesn't have a Vita.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Jul 25, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dragon's Crown - PlayStation Vita
Dragon's Crown - PlayStation Vita by Atlus (PlayStation Vita)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (103)