5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good..
For anyone who has been afraid to try these- you honestly can't tell the difference between these and regular pretzels. The kids love them.
Published on September 13, 2007 by CAT

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly doughy
I've had a variety of Vita Spelt pretzels before that were most likely not sourdough. They were smaller and crunchier, and based on the previous experience, I ordered these. The taste is ok, but they are kind of doughy in the mouth. In the future I'll stick to Newman's Spelt Pretzels.
Published 17 months ago by Annie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good.., September 13, 2007
CAT (STO NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VitaSpelt Mini Pretzels, Original Spelt Pretzel, 7-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12) (Grocery)

5.0 out of 5 stars rebuttal about possibly blending wheat with spelt, September 19, 2013
I am the president of Purity Foods. If that lady had called 1 -800 information and asked for the phone number of Purity Foods in Michigan, she would have been able to talk to me within minutes. The labeling of apelt as(wheat) was forced on us by the FDA. We had to implement that by January 1, 2006; and we were notified of the decision on the day after Thanksgiving in 2005. As a matter of fact, a bakery who made a lot of spelt bread was raided on January 16 of 2006 and over 30000 loaves of spelt bread were confiscated by FDA and US Marshals. It is an extremely sensitive issue with me that Newmans continued for two more years to ignore that ruling until we contacted them and informed them that they had been in violation. Nice job, FDA. We are 100% pure spelt. We only receive product in the hull. We will not take dehulled spelt for fear of contamination.

Why do we that? It is grain than nature gave to us that man has not overly manipulated like he has wheat with 40000 varieties in 50 years. Our bodies recognize it and it nourishes us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 14, 2007
These are great! Just like the other reviewer said, you honeslty can't tell the difference between these and regular pretzels. And they're healthier for you becuase they're made with whole grains instead of enriched flours....plus, Amazon offers them at a SUPER price. My local whole foods store sells them for around 2.50-3.00 a bag. It's a smaller bag, so $19 for 12 bags is super.

4.0 out of 5 stars tastes good but could have wheat in it, January 21, 2009
I ate these pretzels for years and loved them and YES they are a great value. I am wheat sensitive so spelt products are what I use for a substitute. A law was passed a few years ago that requires companies to label their spelt products in the ingredients section as: Spelt flour (wheat flour). (I'm not going to get into why they do this here). BUT this allows the companies to cut the spelt flour with 50% or less wheat flour and still call it spelt. This was a nightmare for me, and after attempting to contact Vitaspelt to ask if they did cut the product with wheat flour, they never answered me so I don't eat their product for fear it will make me sick. If you aren't wheat sensitive it's a great product, if you are BEWARE. There is another great alternative, Newmans Spelt pretzels. They do not have the wheat label on them and I switched to eating those years ago...very tasty!

4.0 out of 5 stars tastey, July 12, 2007
pretty good pretzels, my kids like them, although they'd always choose a regular salty one over these. I like that they have less sodium and are filling.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly doughy, March 29, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Old fashion fresh taste, October 13, 2012
EvesDaughter (Mountain Home, AR, United States) - See all my reviews
This was a bit of a surprise to me. I've been working at eating healthy for 20 years, I'm from the era where "white" meant pure and healthy. So I make the best choices I can with the info I can find yet still eat somewhat "mainstream". So for a crunchy snack, that meant whole wheat pretzels, and I enjoy them, the sweet wheat taste is nice. However, I saw these and I was curious, the price is certainly reasonable compared to purchasing locally so I gave them a go - how bad could they be? They are amazingly like the fresh crunchy pretzels of my youth which included bleached white flour. So much like them that I re-checked the ingredients. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was expecting something different, perhaps that might take some getting used to but these are just great. I would change brands for one with sea salt, but for now, I'm happy that my snacking can be a bit healthier. If you are looking for wheat free, healthier or just wanting to try something different, I think you might enjoy these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Pretzels, October 21, 2007
These are very good pretzels. They could be just a bit saltier, though. I only gave them 4 out of 5 stars because I like the Newman's Own Spelt Pretzels a bit better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crunchy and organic, July 15, 2007
Lisa G (Oviedo, FL) - See all my reviews
I prefer these vitaspelt pretzels over the smaller, red bag because they're organic and whole grain which means fiber.

1.0 out of 5 stars false advertising, April 9, 2014
I wanted this product pictured with its listed ingredients. I got a newer version with ingredients I am allergic to. This add needs to be updated.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

VitaSpelt Mini Pretzels, Original Spelt Pretzel, 7-Ounce Bags (Pack of 12)
$34.61 $33.15
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies