4.0 out of 5 stars Love Organic Oils
It works as promised. It could be a little smaller for storage/travel purposes in my opinion, but it works like a charm. My husband will occassionally use it to cook but I prefer to use it as a skin cleanser myself. I use a lot of it in the winter when the wind is brisk and my skin is more easily dried.

Through the years I've found it even better if I take a...
Published 18 months ago by Betsy Casey

3.0 out of 5 stars Good deal
This Vitacost coconut oil tastes and works just as good as the Nutiva brand and is a good deal if you don't have access to a Costco store.

I would also recommend reading Eat Fat, Lose Fat: The Healthy Alternative to Trans Fats, lots of great information about coconut oil.

Update 7/30/2012 >> WOW! My local Costco now has the 78 ounce Nutiva coconut...
Published on January 29, 2012 by C. Keller

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Organic Oils, January 13, 2013
This review is from: Vitacost Extra Virgin Certified Organic Coconut Oil -- 54 fl oz (Health and Beauty)

Through the years I've found it even better if I take a drop of the coconut oil in one hand, a drop of almond oil in the other and mix the two. Almond oil ([[Vie Naturelle 100% Pure Sweet Almond Oil 16 oz + FREE 100% Coconut Oil]]) with the coconut oil makes the moisture last almost twice as long. I feel much clearer and moisturized when I use both than either one by themselves. Since they're both natural, I don't have any harsh chemicals, my face isn't greasy, and my complexion is better all around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value EVO Coconut Oil Available, October 6, 2011
After searching long and hard for the best value extra virgin organic coconut oil on Amazon, I found this product. Unfortunately since I made the purchase, the price has gone up from about $18 to about $20, but it is still the cheapest EVO coconut oil on Amazon. This is the only EVO coconut oil I have bought, but in my opinion from research I have done, all such products are the same or virtually the same in terms of quality, based on how they are produced.

Again, I do not know how other EVO coconut oil products taste, but this product tastes (and smells) great to me, just like fresh coconut, so why would I pay a lot more for another product? As far as I can tell it is identical in every way to the more expensive EVO coconut oil products on Amazon, so I am guessing that few people have bought it and thus no one until now has reviewed it because they assume the lower price means it is lower quality, and I can attest that this is not true. You do have to buy 3 of the 54 oz containers to qualify for the free shipping deal, but if you use this product as much as I do every day, that shouldn't be a disadvantage at all.

Lastly, the product actually arrived a day before the expected arrival date, which has only happened for me once before in all my time shopping online, so Vitacost is definitely a reputable seller.

Who says you can't sell a high quality product for an affordable price? This is definitely an exception to that rule.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste soooo good, December 18, 2011
I've tried numerous coconut oils and I must say I really like this one.
It smells so delicious when you open the jar.
I enjoy it so much I usually eat 2 Tbsp a day like some people eat peanut butter. If your way of eating is low carbing this product fits the bill and it's so healthy . I also enjoy making a "candy" treat with it.

1 Tbsp chopped nuts i.e. walnuts, almonds or pecans in a small cupcake paper or aluminum baking cup. Add 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil on top of the chopped nuts.
Sprinkle 1 tsp of coconut flakes on top.
Let it harden in the fridge or freezer then it's ready to enjoy.
Add a cherry on top when in season, grated orange rinds, strawberry halved...
Use your imagination...
~Enjoy, Sooo Goood

Update 5/8/2013
Use a Silicone Mold for making these treats, much easier ...
Wilton 2105-4923 24-Cavity Silicone Brownie Squares Baking Mold

Update: 8/7/2012
Don't remember how many times I've ordered this coconut oil but today's another time.
Recently, I saw a recipe for Paleo Coleslaw. If you need a change in taste from coleslaw made with mayonnaise then try this one. I really like it because it seems to taste like Asian Coleslaw, sadly, my better half doesn't like it. I even have it with breakfast sometimes.

Paleo Coconut Coleslaw

This recipe comes from grassfedgirl.com

Ingredients:

˝ head organic red cabbage
˝ head organic green cabbage
1 medium carrot

3 Tbsp Baking Soda
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Peppermint Extract to taste
Stevia sweeter to taste

Mix ingredients together and brush your teeth .
I usually use a teaspoon to apply tooth paste to my tooth brush so I don't contaminate my toothpaste mixture. I like the idea of not having weird chemicals and it really makes my teeth so clean they feel like glass.

comes from grassfedgirl.com

~Recipe - Bullet Coffee
1 cup of coffee (I use decaf )
2-3 Tbsp butter (amount pretty optional)
1-2 Tbsp Coconut Oil(amount pretty optional)
Heavy or Light Cream (amount pretty optional)
Stevia or sweetener to taste.
Sometimes I like to add a cap full of Sugar Free DaVinci Almond or Macadamia flavor

Mix together in a larger container with electric hand mixer. Pour into a mug. Enjoy!

Idea comes from LifeZone

Update: 2-27-2013

Just received another big 54 oz of my favorite coconut oil. Does that tell you something?

Several months ago I had to have per-cancerous mold removed. After 10 days of using Polysporin ointment to help heal the incision I started to apply coconut oil to the area. The site of the operation really looked dramatically better by the end of the day.

Also had my Cholesterol results which showed a higher total cholesterol of 250. To some people that's a bad thing, My normal total cholesterol is usually between 220-250. The nice part is my HDL increased from 57 to 65 and my triglycerides decreased from 102 to 71. Incidentally, total cholesterol is a poor indicator for the likelihood of having a heart-attack.

Update:3-14-2013
Recently, I was looking for a crunchy snack the fits my way of eating and I found one that fits the criteria for HFLC (high fat/low carb)
Recipe: Quick and Easy Snack
Plain Pork Rinds (the light crispy ones not little rock hard ones )
about 1/4 Cup to 1/2 Cup coconut oil melted (butter works well too )
Splenda about 3 Tbsp
Cinnamon about 1/2 to tsp
Melt the coconut oil and coat all the pork rind in a bowl. Mix the Splenda and the cinnamon together. Now sprinkle the powdered mixture evenly on the pork rinds by lightly turning them over and around in the bowl. That's it. Enjoy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, January 29, 2012
C. Keller (Southern California) - See all my reviews

Update 7/30/2012 >> WOW! My local Costco now has the 78 ounce Nutiva coconut oil for $21.49. Which works out to just under $0.28 cents per ounce.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product! Great price!, July 28, 2012
I don't usually write reviews but I feel I have to share this. First of all, I want to say that this is probably the best deal I've found yet for coconut oil. It smells and tastes wonderful and it arrived quickly! Next...I actually bought this to give to my mother, who is in the late stages of Alzheimer's. Recently, I've read quite a few articles that praise coconut oil for helping people with this affliction and decided to give it a try. My mom, who is now on hospice, spends most of her days sleeping. When she is awake, she's in a 'zombie-like' stage. She rarely speaks and doesn't recognize any of her family. She won't eat anymore...only drinks Ensure. Anyway, I brought this to her caregivers and asked them to start mixing it into her Ensure and giving it to her 3x a day. After a week, I went to see her to see if there were any changes. All I can say is WOW!!! Not only was she awake when I went to see her, she recognized me as soon as I entered the room. And here's the really cool part. While I was there visiting, a family member of another resident told me a joke and my mom starting cracking up!! I said, "Wow, mom, you laughed." To which she replied, "Well, it was funny!" I nearly cried! I doubt she'll ever get back to her old self again but if this can help give her a better quality of life, I'll make sure she has a never-ending supply of this wonderful product. Needless to say, I'll be ordering more!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing product,great value!!, August 12, 2012
the benefits of using coconut oil in everyday cooking are just amazing!! The versatility of the coconut oil makes incorporating it in your everyday diet a breeze. we have all but replaced butter. the websight video about benefits for alzheimer patients is extraordinary!!
love the product!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Coconut oil is the cure all., April 5, 2014
If you haven't used coconut oil before- you are missing out! Coconut oil is the cure all. You can pretty much use it for anything. I was looking for a pure, organic coconut oil and decided to try this one. I love it. This container of it is HUGE, but I have no doubt I will use it. I have been hearing a lot about oil pulling and decided to give it a try. So far so good. I also use this as a moisturizer and on my eczema spots. It works! If you google all the uses for coconut oil you will be very impressed. Just give it a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., March 27, 2014
No issues, just as described. I use coconut oil for everything so the big tub is the best deal. Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Coconut Oil, September 2, 2013
Great benefits, one just needs to get used to this type of product. A great value only found on Amazon. Same items costs more in smaller amounts in various stores. I would only order it from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, August 30, 2013
I'm a happy, happy girl since I discovered coconut oil. Especially on here! You can't beat the price for the size of this container. 20oz. at the organic grocery store about $25! You get twice the amount here and a little extra for just about the same!

Rate and Discover Movies