5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this purchase!
Published 23 months ago by Tiffany

2.0 out of 5 stars where's the info?
Published on July 21, 2011 by MamaMia

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this purchase!, January 18, 2013
My kids, 6 and 3, love camo. When I spotted these on Amazon I knew they would be the best choice and that my kids would think they are cool because of the design. I was a bit hesitant only because some people's feedback said the little pocket that you slip the info tag into was so small it made things difficult, but I didn't find this to be true. The card you write your info on is a laminated paper, and you use permanent fine tip marker on it. Then you tri-fold the card and slip it in...the end is designed to stick out about 1/4" so you have something to grab when you need to remove the card. We've not taken it into water yet, so I'm curious to see how it does regarding the claim that it is waterproof. The comfort level for wearing it seems to be fine...my kids have not complained about that at all. It is a little stiff because of being constructed of heavy duty nylon, canvas, and velcro, but honestly I want something that can withstand the rough and tough play my boys will put them through. I'd buy again.

2.0 out of 5 stars where's the info?, July 21, 2011
This review is from: Vital ID Child Safety Wristband (Pink) (Health and Beauty)
I bought this bracelet for my son who has severe food allergies. He's worn the Medi alert bracelets, but tired of the look. I attached a Medi Alert badge to a velcro watch band, but that was getting old. When I found this, we were very excited. He chose orange, his favorite color. It looks cool, but the information tag just isn't practical. I used a small font and printed the info, then shoved it into the tiny pocket in the strap. You would need tweezers to get it out! So, at a glance, the band looks nice, but you would have a hard time even finding the emergency information concealed inside. Very disappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably NOT good for lost toddler ID, July 28, 2014
Chris W. "PsychoDoc" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My application for this was as an ID band for toddlers, something nicer (so I could sell it to them) than the plastic band versions. I also liked that the info was kept on the inside so only visible to someone taking the time to look into it, i.e. someone looking for the parents of a lost child. The problem is that these simply come right off via velcro. There is no locking mechanism. I know that this isn't anything that was promised by the product, so please take this with a grain of salt. If I had a kid who wants to keep a band on, then this would be a great product. I do not, so this is not (for me).

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad product, June 2, 2014
The pocket for the information card appears to be sewn closed!
There is not much room on the card.
I plan on returning the item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the $ for the piece of mind!, August 13, 2014
I purchased these bracelets for 3 children that I was vacationing with. I certainly hoped that they would not have to be utilized for an emergency situation (and was glad they were not)! But the children wore them to every amusement park we visited on vacation, and I felt satisfied having the piece of mind that the bracelets would serve an important purpose if needed. I did notice that the marker I used to fill out the ID cards seemed to fade or rub off a bit by the end of the trip (and I did use the water-proof, permanent marker), but I can either touch them up or use the additional blank cards that came with each bracelet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, May 8, 2013
These are great! I have a 6,4 and 2 year old and it fits them well! No complaints from any of the kids, and yes it is waterproof!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... am always nervous when we go to crowed places like the zoo or a festival, July 21, 2014
Jessica (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
I have a wiggly toddler and I am always nervous when we go to crowed places like the zoo or a festival. He's not able to articulate his name or other important information, so I had been concerned about what would happen if we were separated. I ordered this wristband and completed the information to tuck inside. The fabric is very durable and the velcro is strong. We went to the zoo and used it for the first time--and it was great. He kept it on and didn't play with it, seemed comfortable enough. And I felt much better too!

2.0 out of 5 stars Smudges non Permanent Ink - Children can take it off., September 27, 2014
The plastic Information "Print Here" thing that you insert into the wrist band will smudge gel ink. Perhaps, I should have used a permanent marker, now that I think about it. Didn't have one handy I suppose.

Children can take these off themselves; it's not lockable. It didn't say that but I was surprised to see it on the bottom of the pool at a party we were at.

It's a really good idea/concept and we're going to keep it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what he wanted, November 28, 2011
I had noticed that my 8 year old son's medical alert necklace was starting to show its age (he's had epilepsy since he was four and worn an engraved necklace ever since) so I began searching for the perfect replacement. I didn't want to have another item engraved because his medication is no longer as effective as it once was and I suspect that we'll have to change to another. I didn't want something generic that only said "epilepsy" since, well, that just doesn't give enough info. I decided, since his issues are complex, to buy one of those USB necklaces.

That's great. I like that idea. But in an emergency there might not be time to read through a bunch of info. I also wanted to have something quick and easy. What's his name? What's his condition? What are his meds? Who are his emergency contacts? This bracelet is a perfect Cliff's Notes. And it's camoflauge, his favorite. The little slip of paper that contains the information is slipped into a little pocket on the bracelet. My 8 year old loves it and, in fact, my 3 year old does too (I'm actually going to order him one of the ID bracelets of the same style just to appease him).

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to take on and off, July 12, 2014
Very easy to take on and off. My kids didn't mind wearing them. The only thing is they are not water proof. They are water repellent. As we found out on Splash Mountain in Disney Land.

Vital ID Child Safety Wristband (Pink)
$10.99