5.0 out of 5 stars a sock that helps my feet all day long
After suffering from poor circulation and being on my feet all day, this sock is the best I have found.

First of all the sock looks really long, but when you put it on and pull it all the way up the function starts right away I felt a tingle in my feet.

GREAT FEATURES; Graduated compression (gradual increase as it hit the arch of your feet)
The...
Published on March 10, 2011 by Jim Maule

3.0 out of 5 stars Do they work? I don't know...
I don't know the science behind how these are supposed to work, but practially speaking, it's hard to say whether they actually help recovery or not. I only use them after a hike or bike ride, and some times I feel good the next day. But then again, some days I'm still sore. If I had to guess, I'd say they are better than not using them, but that's only empirical...
Published on July 31, 2011 by Allan R

5.0 out of 5 stars a sock that helps my feet all day long, March 10, 2011
This review is from: Vitalsox Recovery Patented Graduated Compression Socks with Drystat (Apparel)

The silver Drystat (AMAZING) i have some bad smelling feet and these socks could go for days without any smell.
My feet feel great at the end of the day.

Turn these socks inside out and you see all the features these are not some overpriced socks they are really built...

DRAWBACKS: Hard to put on, scrunch them up as far as you can and get your toes to the front and line up the red.... slide it back and pull it all the way up.

Now it is easy. comment if you have any questions 5 Stars is not enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable, September 4, 2011
work well..takes a bit of patience getting them over the foot but well worth the effort. Once they are on they are extremely comforatble

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality at an Affordable Price, December 27, 2012
I have severe swelling in my legs and ankles by the end of the day. I have purchased the more expensive Sigvaris, Jobst, Juzo they were great for firm support but would cut the circulation at my ankle and swelling would happen below into my foot. The other issue I had was they were cutting into the back of my legs.

These stay up, great support and I have no cutoff at the ankle. Great investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what a difference!, February 20, 2012
I'm a relative newcomer to running, but I just got these as I was beginning to increase my mileage. Let me preface this with the fact that I had not yet run more than 8.5 miles, but was putting in about 15-25 miles a week for the last couple of months.

The weekend after I got these, I decided to see if I could handle a half-marathon and I just started running (copyright Forrest Gump). I went out there and did it, hit 13.1 miles. I cooled down, hopped in the shower, and immediately after slipped on the socks. Took some effort, but they went on nice and snug.

I wore them for about 4-5 hours after the run. The day after, my lower legs feel great! No ankle pain, much less soreness in my calf region, and no sign of shin-splints. Have to say, I'm a believer. I feel like I could get back out there today, but my quads and hamstrings are a bit sore.

The socks have a great look and are relatively less expensive than other brands. Thumbs up from this 41 year old runner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Socks, October 8, 2013
My dads doctor was so impressed with how my dads foot healed and how little swelling there was in his ankle after surgery because he broke it in three places. My dad attributes it to these amazing socks that i got him. He shared the name with the doctors office since they worked so well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super awesome for running!, June 14, 2013
I wore these to run the Akron Half Marathon last fall. They are excellent. They keep my legs warm and they make my legs feel bouncier and more energized. I feel less muscle fatigue and less heaviness when I have these on. They are EXCELLENT! I like to train without them, so that when I put them on for race day, I feel different, faster. I LOVE these socks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest price, good quality, July 25, 2011
I am going to keep this review simple. The Vitalsox compression socks are one of the cheapest compression socks I could find on amazon. This does not mean they lack in quality, they offer a good amount of compression and support for your feet as well as your calf muscle. The only bad part is they are kinda challenging to put on, but still warrant a five star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These Socks!, May 25, 2012
I've only recently started using compression socks but have found them to be a godsend. Some people wear them during workouts but I prefer to wear them post-workout for recovery. I've found their ability to speed up post-workout recovery to be remarkable. These specific socks are high-quality and hold up to quite a bit of wear and tear. If you are an endurance athlete and want to cut back on delayed onset muscle fatigue, pick up a few pairs of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for air travelers!, September 15, 2013
I am a airline pilot. I sit for extended hours with lots of altitude climbs and descents. At the end of a long day my ankles and lower legs would swell to the point that my shoes were tight and uncomfortable. These socks eliminate the problem. They provide just enough support to keep the fluid from settling in my lower legs and are comfortable to wear 10-12 hours a day. I won't ever fly without them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective and Durable, September 26, 2013
I've tried several compression socks (the worst were "Travelon", which did not last more than 4 -5 wearings) and now have stocked up on these Italian-made compression socks with light "ABX" cushion soles.

The composition is, according to the page here, 75% DryStat 15% Spandex 10% Nylon

The box label states 70% "Silver Drystat" Polypropylene, 10% Spandex. 10% Lycra, 10% Nylon.

I do not know which is accurate, though I suspect the box label is. They fit well when properly selected - I use L with a 12 Wide foot and wide calves, and they are just right and retain their shape.

The socks are long and take a bit of time to put on - you will develop your own best method pretty soon. But mostly, these socks do a good job of compression, they hold their compression properties in the long run (they don't expand and become useless) and they are quite durable. I have worn these as undersocks with larger shoes and just bare with others, and have used them in various weather conditions - they do feel a bit hot in hot weather, but they do also wick perspiration and odors very well. I've treated them with Permethrin for the Amazon and other buggy areas and they work well. When washed in the sink during trips, they dry quickly overnight, another plus.