Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on November 7, 2012
Been using this for couple years now. High chlorine levels dried my skin so much during winter I had to use tanning oil after showering to keep from going insane with itching. THIS WAS A GIFT FROM GOD. immediately the itching stopped and hasn't returned for years!!!!!! Use replacement cartridges now, but replaced entire unit several times. Much easier to use replacements. Flashlight behind cartridge can help determine level for replacement. I replace twice a year. Worth EVERY PENNY for skin & hair health. No itching. At all. Works on acid/base dynamic. Chlorine is a base and Vitamin C is an acid that will neutralize excess, turn to water in chemical reaction of acid & base. The same principle works if you use bleach or get bleach on your hands, a little bit of lemon juice will neutralize the bleach and bleach odor. May need tools or rubber gloves for grip to remove/ install. Some report color change of water when using this product which tells you that a chemical reaction has taken place notifying you of other chemicals already in your water which you may want to get tested. Reordering again today.
on November 24, 2011
This is ridiculous. I spent $6 less and got the whole thing. Somebody is not thinking too clearly when they priced this.
on April 1, 2013
Amazing product. 100% recommendation. Once I starting using Vitashower's Filter, my dry itching skin was history. Skin feels smoother and cleaner. Soap rinses completely away. Love it! Only 1 problem with buying the filter alone. $25.99 makes no sense when the entire unit costs less. ???? Really need to fix the price.
on March 6, 2011
I've been using the Vitamin C Shower filter for over a year now (this is the second one). I have not done any extensive testing but I do notice when I have a shower somewhere else and can smell the chlorine there - so I guess it works!

The only downside I can see is just that you cannot readily see the window at the bottom. I have to periodically remove the filter to be able to examine it for replacement or not.
on August 27, 2014
I agree with other viewers that this didn't work for me. What was received is not as pictured. My filter was very difficult to open. Once open, a cartridge as pictured would have done the job. But this is not what I received.
on September 27, 2014
I don't receive the filter what's shown in the picture. This is the first time I received a clear cartridge with the powder in it unlike in the last 4 filters I've ordered in the past. I have no idea how to install it and there's no instructions either.
on August 10, 2014
You do not receive what's shown in the picture!! You receive a clear cartridge with the powder in it that goes inside the white holder you see in the picture that unscrews from the shower head connector. And there are NO instructions either because it wasn't even shipped in manufacturer packaging (just like items in the last 3 packages I've had shipped from Amazon Warehouse) or perhaps because there are none to be had because this cartridge isn't meant for the model it says it is. The cartridge is stuck tight in the white holder. There's no way to pull it out and no amount of banging on the bottom of the holder will get it loose. I spent 5 mins with a screw driver prying the stupid thing out to replace it, so now it also leaks. Not a whole lot, but some. So "easier to replace than the whole filter"?...uh no...no it certainly is NOT! Next time I'll just buy a whole new filter. It's cheaper anyway. 2 stars only because the stupid thing works until it starts leaking more.
on April 23, 2014
I've been using this specific brand of shower filter for years and never had a problem with installation or quality of the product. I used to order from a company off of Amazon that is now defunct, and I find the filter to be just as effective. One difference I noticed is that the makers added a more flexible neck to the filter, which for a tall person lowers the height of the filter at the shower head. A long time ago the company used to put that the filter media was Vitamin C on the box, now they just put "filter". However, on the inside instructions they write " Vitamin C". Something is up with that.

Use the pipe tape they give you with the filter, it will cut down on minor drips. Put the filter on as tight as you can with a wrench ( although they tell you not to do that), but use common sense and don't overdo it. It's the best shower filter out there and you really get results with your hair. It's like showering in a fresh water lake plus the added vitamin content does benefit the body overall. Some might disagree and say Vitamin C applied externally does nothing, but I know what I feel. Up to this point it has been an excellent product for me.
on June 4, 2014
This item has improved the health of my family with pre-existing conditions and truly recommend it for people with allergies or hard water or just want to improve your health and love taking hot showers that filters can not filter under hot conditions. This is an excellent item to get.
on April 5, 2014
When you use the filter and water gets inside it can be difficult to remove the used filter but it does come out. I remove it periodically because it is a better indication of remaining Vitamin C than the window on bottom. On first filter after 2-3 months and it works very well!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse