5.0 out of 5 stars Vitamix replacement better than original
After a decade of faithful service, my Vita-Mix (wet) 64-oz. container developed hairline cracks around the base, causing it to leak. Slowly, almost imperceptibly, but undeniably. Not wanting to face facts, I continued to use it, despite the awful truth: the container had met it's Waterloo.

I purchased this replacement container thinking it would be like the...
Published on November 23, 2010 by Badotz

I just bought a 750 with the 64 oz container.
Picked up this container with the intent to switch out the blade set from the 64 oz.
Switched the blades to the new container but they touch the sides of the container (which can't be right).

Contacted Vitamix and they confirmed that this container is for 3-inch blades.
The blades that come with the...
Published on October 26, 2012 by Stephen Rahaim

5.0 out of 5 stars Vitamix replacement better than original, November 23, 2010
Badotz "Badotz" (Orange, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vitamix Eastman Tritan Copolyester 64-Ounce Container with Lid and Wrench (No Blade) (Kitchen)

I purchased this replacement container thinking it would be like the original. The inclusion of the wrench was a plus, as I had no idea how I would remove the blades from the old container. This sturdy plastic tool makes blade removal effortless, and I was able to attach them to the new container with no trouble at all. Fantastic!

The new container is exactly like my old container, except it is crystal-clear (mine is cloudy from heavy use). But the lid - ah, the lid is something new. Instead of struggling to force the old lid into the old container - arguably the hardest part of food prep - this lid has "ears" that gently grip the sides of the container FROM THE OUTSIDE! It is simple to attach, and even simpler to remove. Fantastic!

The plastic plug in the lid has changed, too. Where it was held in place by friction, it now has tabs that prevent its removal when it is twisted into place. And it remains in place until you twist and remove it. Now, when I take off the lid and turn it upside-down, the plastic plug does not fall out. Fantastic!

I highly recommend buying this container. The wrench alone is worth the price, but the newly-designed lid and plug make this a fantastic bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect New Container for my Vitamix 5000, October 22, 2011
LilyBell2 (California United States) - See all my reviews
My Vitamix 5000 came with the older type container that was not BPA-free, and it had the older type lid that has a rim on the outside that must be pushed below the rim on the inside of the container. Sometimes the lid went on easily, and other times it was annoyingly difficult. When the newer type BPA-free container came out, I really liked it. I especially liked the way the lid fit on the container; it looked like it was so much easier to use than my older style lid, and it had those two rubber "ears" that fit over the outside rim of the container to secure it... it just looked like a much better design.

Well, I didn't order a replacement container because I thought it would be too expensive to order one with a blade and too hard to change the blade over if I ordered a container without the blade. Honestly, I worried I might break something.

My eventual undoing came after I ordered a 32 oz. wet blade container, with blade, from Vitamix. I really wanted the convenience of being able to select either the 32 oz. or the 64 oz. container, depending on the job at hand, and I do love having both size containers available. Suffice it to say that the new style lid on my new 32 oz. container spoiled me. The more I used it, the more I yearned for a new 64 oz. container, but I was still concerned about switching the blade over from my old container. Then I saw the price of this 64 oz. container on Amazon, and I finally "caved." I'm so glad I did.

When my new 64 oz. container arrived, it didn't take me more than 5 minutes to switch the blade over, using the wrench that was included with the container. I immediately added a drop or two of dish detergent to the new container, put in some warm water, and ran it for about two minutes just to make sure it was clean and that it didn't leak. It was fine!

Now, my only regret is that I waited so darned long before finally buying this really great new container!

4.0 out of 5 stars Careful if you own an older Vitamix, July 13, 2009
I ordered this 32 oz. replacement container for a Vitamix 5000 unit that we purchased in the mid 1990's. Since I live in Japan and the shipping costs were prohibitive, I had a friend who was coming to Japan bring it with when she came. It was a bit of a surprise when I tried to move the blade to the new container because the heavy weight blade nut that holds the blade in place is too big for this container. I called Vitamix customer service and a very nice customer service representative offered to send me a new smaller blade nut. She said she wished they would write something upfront about this problem in the product description. Couldn't agree more, but I was thankful for the excellent customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is for the 32 oz. container, April 23, 2012
I am reviewing the 32 oz. container, it keeps coming up for the 64. Anyway...
I have a 5000, and I love it but the old container got a hole in it, how? I have not clue, the blades are fine but it was also very cloudy which does not make it all that appetizing.
This arrived in no time at all. I could not wait to try it. I took it out of the box and rinsed it is hot soapy water as suggested and started to disengage the blade with the enclosed (free) wrench. Remember this does NOT come with the blades you must used your old ones. It was very easy to unscrew, I changed the container, screwing it onto the new one was just as easy. I filled it part way with water to make sure it was not leaking and it was fine.

I filled it with my green smoothie ingredients and turned it on, it was so cool, it's a mini Vita Mix container and it was so shiny and new. I do not know what I was waiting for.
For this price you cannot go wrong, I may just get the larger one just in case. Although for me, this one (32oz) is just fine I never make anything over two quarts anyway.
If you are thinking of changing this and have issues don't worry this will be fine it fits snuggly and is very easy to use, the lid is different from my other one this ne actually grips the tops so it does not come off.
The only thing you have to watch for is the tamper, the tamper that works for the 64 oz. will not work completely in the 32 oz. one. You will have to be very careful not to let the tamper go all the way done, it will hit the blades.
So if you do not need to replace the blades this is a very economical ways to get a new container. I love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Container is not Compatible with Blade Set from Pro Series 750, October 26, 2012
Stephen Rahaim "SR" (Original 13 Colonies) - See all my reviews
I just bought a 750 with the 64 oz container.

Contacted Vitamix and they confirmed that this container is for 3-inch blades.
The blades that come with the Vitamix 750 64 oz container are 4-inch blades.
Not easy to figure this out but by trial and error. So now I know.

To be fair, the container looks fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars uncompatible..., May 25, 2012
purchased this 64 ounce container to replace the 48 ouncer that came with my VITAMIX blender....turns out this container is not compatible with my CREATIONS 2 model purchased through QVC. It wobbles on the base, unstable, unusable :( But I will say that it is a beautiful looking container. I hate returns but I guess I dont have much of a choice this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars new containers, January 19, 2009
love this container, it is easier to clean and the top much easier to remove than the older style (I have the 5000). It also takes up less counter space, since it came with the wrench I also have the option of using the 64 oz. container that I am storing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great on my mid 1990's Vitamix 5000 as replacement for 64oz container, July 7, 2012
I was skeptical at first having read reviews by others claiming problems using this as a replacement container. I have a mid 1990's Vitamix 5000 that was cracked. After shopping around on the net and ebay I found that Amazon had the best price and free shipping via Prime. I took a chance and it payed off. This container works great. I got it within 48hours, and it took maybe 5 minutes to change out the blade using the included wrench. Very easy job. Put a few drops of soap and some water in the new container to clean it and test for leaks and it worked perfectly. Thanks Amazon for a great price on a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement, March 3, 2012
BCS (Bonney Lake, WA) - See all my reviews
This worked exactly as described. Good fit and finish, the blade assembly fit well and the tool worked great. I have had not problems with the container since it's installation. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a replacement container for their vitamix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Compatible with blades from 48oz, April 23, 2012
Tim Dekle (Honolulu, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
First off - These are NICE replacement containers, easy to swap blades with the included wrench. HOWEVER if you have the 48 ounce container (Sold with Vitamix 5200C from Costco) these containers are NOT compatible. I ordered two because I wanted larger containers than my vitamix came with - the blades from the 48 ounce container raise the 64 ounce container 1/4 inch off the base making them unstable. I contacted Vitamix customer service and was told "You should have called us first before buying them" ... Hope this helps someone else avoid the same issue. If you want to replace your 48 ounce container you will need to buy a new blade assembly as well - then sell the smaller container/blade assembly.

Very glad Amazon takes returns.