Customer Discussions > Viva Duets forum

Viva Duets

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 3, 2012 12:02:52 PM PDT
nanforusa says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 3:33:18 PM PDT
I just hope this is the end of the duets. Tony used to be about honesty and integrity with his recordings. These duets albums are nothing about that, but about being cash cows. Sure, his concept albums didn't sell like these things did, but we need some true Tony Bennett albums. Time to make some art.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 7:03:20 PM PDT
nanforusa says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 12:21:59 PM PDT
eguana says:
cant wait for this one....I have the other duets albums and love that he's embracing todays stars and working with them

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2012 12:23:38 PM PDT
what a great testimonial to both of these magnificent singers.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 5:26:35 PM PDT
Love the first Duets...found Duets II disappointing. So many great standards and show tunes out there...have to wonder why there are so many repeat titles on this new release.

Posted on Oct 17, 2012 5:37:14 PM PDT
nanforusa says:
The Duets album coming out on 10-23 is a compilation with many Spanish speaking singers. Hopefully, Tony will sing in English and the other singers in Spanush. Just watched a video of Tony and Marc Anthony and I'm not a big fan of Marc Anthony, but his duet was beautiful. Marc would rather sing and speak in English, but he is making the Gigantes2 Tour now in Latin and South American with Chayanne. Their concerts are sold out. I'm waiting to see if they make a good video out of one of the places they visit, however, I prefer to just watch the Chayanne shows. He is an all around entertainer, however I am looking for him to come up with some new material. He was making a new video in South America. Hopefully that will come out soon.

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 5:04:46 PM PDT
Ryan E. says:
Starving artist stay hungry.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2012 5:55:48 PM PDT
Heck, I think most of the tracks on all three duets albums appeared on each. When you put these together with the blues album and the kd lang album, he's done nothing but duets albums for over a decade. Time to stop.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 9:37:30 AM PDT
Wow. Mr Richardson, I have the opposite opinion. He sings the songs that he's known for and with the unique choices of voices that run the gammet of what some would say zero on the talent scale to actually exposing more of their unknown talents and blending them with his timeless sound. My husband would say that Tony Bennett could make anyone sound good..but I think that he aspires some to bring forth their best efforts. When I heard the Amy Winehouse duet, I was floored at how similar she sounded to some early Billie Holiday. When I heard Lady Gaga sing, I was astounded that she didn't sound like the bubble gum popping princess I had figured her to be. Now that he's teaming up with some of the top names in the Latin sector, which as a Latina myself, I am very excited to see the diversity.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 9:42:15 AM PDT
I am of the opposite opinion. I believe that because of his choice of such diversity in singers from Amy Winehouse to Lady Gaga, that for one, I had no idea that (because I wasn't a fan of either) either one of these women could "actually sing". I simply chalked their so called "talent" up to great marketing and a voice auto tuner. However, after listening to Amy Winehouse sing, I could hear a very familar smokey faint Billie Holiday in that voice. When I heard Lady GaGa sing, I was actually taken back that she could actually carry a note. My opinion changed dramatically. Now that we're exploring some of the largest names in the Latin music industry, I'm curious again to see if I will be blown away. It's quite enlightening his choice of singing partners for his duets. I'm actually very fond of hearing them sing with him, all the great songs that make him our True, Tony Bennett. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Viva Duets forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Aug 3, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Viva Duets
Viva Duets by Tony Bennett (Audio CD - 2012)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (140)