Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

54%
46%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 8, 2000
'Viva La Revolution' is a beautiful mixture of hip hop and rock. "Dragon Ash" could easily be considered the love child of "The Beasty Boys" and "Green Day", if you can imagine. It's soulful -- and hey, who cares if I can't understand everything they're saying? I know exactly what they mean. It's soulful delight, in the way that only the Japanese can pull off.
on December 21, 2003
At first glance Dragon Ash may appear to be another trend band hopping a ride on the rock/rap band wagon made so popular by the likes of such American bands as Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park. But the fact is the Japanese band Dragon Ash began in the early 1990s and their sound is much more melodic and soulful than their American counterparts. Think Red Hot Chili Peppers with less funk and more of a hip-hop influence.
Lead singer/rapper Kenji spouts off lyrics in a mix of Japanese and English. He can get as hardcore as 50 Cent and then on the very next track be as soulbearing and emotionally raw as the Peppers' Anthony Keidis. And with this album Dragon Ash really find their groove as a band and release just the right mix of loops and guitar to brew a mighty sonic stew the likes of which one would rarely taste from any band let alone one from the mighty land of the rising teen pop idols.
If you're a fan of Japanese anime and J-Pop then broaden your horizons and see what your missing from Kenji & Co. And if you're a fan of just great music then the import price tag shouldn't deter you from adding a truly great album to your collection.
on December 29, 1999
This CD is the best CD so far. I love "Greatful Day". This song made me cry and reminds me that I have to respect my parents even 6,000 miles away from here.I can't wait his next CD.
on October 22, 1999
This album rocks , the band sings mostly in japanese with a obvious old school rap influance. there is a great cover of Joan Jetts i love rock and roll changed a little to I love hip hop. over all i say it's a great buy if you can speak japanese i would highly recomend it. i'm not a fan of rap but i love this band.
on December 10, 1999
Viva is half J-hip hop, half punk rock. The beats are very good and their english is not bad. The hit single Grateful Days is one of the best tracks, but I also like the rock ballad Dark Cherries. If you like hip hop as well as punk rock, and you're willing to shell out the cash, Viva is a great album!
on July 11, 2001
I discovered Dragon Ash while living in Japan. They are not the typical bubble gum J-POP that floods Japan now. I truly feel these guys are talented and can go places. I found Viva la Revolution to be better than anything I have heard from Cibo Matto or Pizzcato Five, who have made a name for themselves in the US. I have a sentimental place in my heart for "Dark Cherries", but "Grateful Days" would be my favorite if I had to choose. I recommend them to anyone interested in rock, alt rock, hip hop. Don't let language be a barrier here.
on December 22, 2000
I first heard Viva La Revolution while living in Japan. The thing that struck me the most was Dragon Ash's ability to capture their live performance energy and tight sound into a studio-made CD. The sample of Smashing Pumpkin's "Today" on the "Grateful Days" track is brilliant. This CD never fails to attract attention whenever I put it on, even though most can't understand the lyrics...a testament to it strong sampling and hip hop beats! Dragon Ash is a great new breed of J-Pop talent!
on March 8, 2005
My first introduction to Dragon Ash was 2 years ago while in Japan on vacation. I briefly saw a flash of a video on tv and instantly liked them. I bought the single Fantasista in Tokyo, then, returning a year later, bought Mob Squad in Shibuya. Starting out with songs that are mainly hip-hop and going backwards in their style devolopment was weird, and at first I didn't like too much of the album. But as I write this, I am now on my 6th listening of the album (rcvd Sat) and am hooked. KJ's english certainly has come a long way. I know how it should translate, and what he means, but I still giggle. I was going to wait till I hit Japan again in the Fall this year to pick up some used DA, but I know I can't wait that long. Musically speaking, Dragon Ash is one of the strongest bands out there, regardless of genre or nationality. I equate their flexibility & creativity to that of Incubus (Science is a great album). All songs have the same heart/vibe, but it's the undertones that draw you in. Great album! Oh, the B song comes past the 17:00 mark and is one of the best on the album!
on December 31, 2004
Who would of thought a 20 year old kj (vocal,guitarist & every instrument going)could produce such a stunning album as viva la revolution.Grateful days/let yourself go,let myself go are the songs that made them the huge stars in japan,though just about every commercial that was going in 1999.Like most people i think the title song is the best from the album,with such passion,hopes & dreams.I recently went to another d.a concert (for the 6th time).the encore song was viva...,everyone went NUTS!,kj being filled with such emotion cried during the song,i mean COME ON!,someone who feels this much passion,for life & music is well,pretty special.This album is also dj bot's full album debut & it shows (in the best possible way).I also read someone criticize kj's English,his English is perfect,a truely stunning vocal talent (it all comes from his heart)
on February 25, 2002
this cd was pretty good but I would prefer the "Buzz Songs" cd it has more goos songs also check out the"Life Goes On" Its one of the better singles that they have.