Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on July 15, 2009
Viva La Vida is a great CD, but I wasn't really sure how the Prospekt March Edition would hold up. I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the tracks seem to be a real departure from Coldplay's usual style. "Lost (With Jay-Z)" is bashed by a lot of people, but I really respect that Coldplay just wanted to do something different (although I DIDNT respect that they allowed swearing in this album - I was really surprised. Rainy Day is probably my favorite track on the Prospekt's side... it's just so upbeat you can't help but love it. Really, if you like Coldplay, this is probably their best collection yet.
VINE VOICEon November 26, 2008
For those who love Coldplay's latest offering, this is a great way to round your Viva experience out with the new EP, especially if you got the original album electronically. While it's not the most red-carpet edition imaginable, it is stylish and quite affordable. For those wondering whether to buy the EP, do so - it's a nearly seamless addition to the inspiration of Viva, with the sole exception of a couple dozen seconds of silly rapping overlaying "Lost+", unnecessary since it's the same version of the song on the album. Listen to it once.
55 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2008
A worthy extension of Viva for Coldplay fans. A bright spot for me was to hear vocals overlayed to the "Life in Technicolor" track (part ii). . .but did we really need to hear Jay-Z rapping over (my favorite track) Lost!? The other material here is not earth shattering, but enjoyable. 4 stars moves to 3 for the Rush like mistake (roll the bones) of adding a train wreck into the middle of a great track. It's like listening to Bach and hearing Angus Young's guitar crunch jammed into the middle of the symphony.
on March 6, 2009
Just going to point out first that it does not come in a standard CD case.

Regardless, both CDs are amazing. I especially love the two Life in Technicolor tracks (first tracks on each disc.)
on December 22, 2008
It's Cd of the year for a reason...it's darn catchy and well done. U2 called by the way, they want their record back! Hahahahaaa!!! OK, kidding. Disc 2 is worth a listen, but the meat and potatoes is on disc #1. The downfall is the rapping over "Lost" on CD #2 as others have mentioned.....sorry! No good! They ruined this track. Don't try to be all things to all people. Coldplay is not ghetto. It's the only track you must skip over completely because its a great song that was destroyed by urbanizing it. Other than that, please do buy it!
on April 12, 2011
Coldplay certainly hit their stride with this their fourth album. The songs sound more confident and more purposeful than before, stamping and punching the air like they mean it. Once again the finest songs are not the singles. 'Lost' and 'Yes' resonate and etch a indelible mark on the long term memory banks.

The addition of the Prospekts March EP is a further embelishment of the quality of the album sessions, with songs like 'Glasses of Water' and 'Life in Technicolor II' sounding as essential as those on the full album. However I remain unsure as to the completeness of the works, and a little perturbed that I have to listen to what are in effect slight variations to the same theme.

However the disjointed arrangement does not diminish what's accomplished - 5 stars from me. =)
on September 17, 2012
Coldplay's 'Viva La Vida' was a delightful buy for me. I didn't make it a point to start buying all of their albums until about two years ago... though I've always liked what I 'd heard/seen of them from radio, TV, internet, etc. So I purchased this album, having already heard their newest 'Mylo Xyloto' and all the others, wanting to hear it in the order they originally placed the songs in, because I feel it's the best way to get a feel for what any artist wants to portray that particular album as.

When I began listening to this album, I was entirely refreshed on what type of band I always thought Coldplay was. While a lot of fans argue that this album is the one when they took a jog from their original sound, and didn't like this new approach... I was taken aback at the soaring orchestral rhythms in the ever-popular title track and my personal favorite of the album: "Yes", along with the feel good tracks of "Life In Technicolor", "Lovers in Japan", and "Strawberry Swing", and then the ballads of "Lost!' and "Cemeteries of London" hit just the right heartstrings on my musical heart.

I'd already marked the X&Y album as my favorite set of songs, lyrically speaking.
But the further I examined Viva La Vida, the more I realized that never had I ever before said to myself whilst listening to Coldplay, "Wow! Did you hear that awesome violin in their?" or "I wish I had this track with music only" ... and these things I have said to myself after listening to this album.

Here's my conclusion:
Viva La Vida is my favorite Coldplay album when it comes to stepping up their musical ability.
on December 19, 2011
Great CD. My husband isn't a Coldplay fan so I play the CDs in my vehicle when I'm driving but I love their music and will buy what I can find from Amazon. I haven't had one problem from Amazon after receiving any CDs I've bought or Kindle Downloads since I purchased my Kindle May, 2011. Keep up the great work.
on November 27, 2012
Truly a wonderful album, with songs beyond excited, the group was in an immense degree of elevation when launched this album, but the second disc completes the rest of the VIVA LA VIDA, PROSPECKT MARCH .. very, very good
on February 4, 2012
This album is one album that is worth getting. Prospekt's March is a great EP and Viva la Vida is even better. A definite get for any Coldplay fan. My favorite songs on the album are "Violet Hill", "Lost!", "Yes", "Life In Technicolor ii" and "Glass of Water".