Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on December 28, 2011
This camera is a very good, HD camera that seems like it is made with very cheap plastic, so you might not want to drop it a whole lot. The first time i got it it worked pretty good but a day later it kept saying card error and wouldn't record which made me a little mad but i found out that it works better with a SD # 4,6 or 10 card and it won't do that card error anymore. The stuff the camera is made out of could be better but other then that this is a pretty good camcorder for it's price. A good starter camcorder.
on November 16, 2012
When I first received this DVR it was in the evening so like anyone I was eager to give it a try.. I was so disappointed because it was grainy and I thought hell this can't even be a 1 mega pixel camera. Needless to say it was because I was recording and snapping pictures in very poor lighting. The next day I said let me take this camera outside and record some video, take some photo's of my car the Family etc... After my day of photo frenzy I plugged the camera in to transfer the photo's to my computer crossing my fingers I didn't just buy a piece of Shhh** and boy I was happy with the results... The pictures and video were full of color and vibrant and I must say for the little amount I paid for this DVR I was very happy with the results.

I suggest this DVR for a starter to any teen or adult that isn't looking to start a photography career, but if you want a nice DVR for personal pictures and videos this is a great choice.

Only negative I have to say about this cam is don't even think about recording anything in poor lighting because it is awful.
on February 2, 2013
O.K., finally there are some poor reviews of this piece of monkey crap. Received as a gift from my amazing grandmother. How was she to know that this camera took worse video than an old VHS camcorder? When I got it originally, I was wondering why the picture looked so awful. So, I changed the resolution to full HD (FHD), I changed the quality to Very Fine, bought a 16 gb SD card, and tried again. Took some great video of my son around the Christmas tree that can never be duplicated, and also never watched because this paperweight piece of possum pee makes it look like super 8 footage from when my mother was a baby.

I figured it must just be a defective camera, so I called customer service. I talked to a man whom I could barely understand who seemed to be having a party in the background. He seemed to be very upset that he couldn't understand me, though. (Must have been my Ohio accent.) After an hour on the phone, he informed me that I could send the camera to Sakar Intl' and they would send a replacement. I did this, and just a short month later, I received a camera that, SURPRISE, was the exact amount of awful that the other one was. So, if you're still not sure if you should purchase this camera, I'll say that no, you should not.

Addendum: I read the other review about how the poor lighting is why the quality was so bad. Then why does my 5 MP phone look like I could be Spielberg's cinematographer in comparison? Still think it is awful. Sorry, guy that probably works for Vivitar.
on December 27, 2014
Total piece of garbage. Dead out of the the box. First it would not boot other then to the Vivitar welcome screen. When we finally were able to boot the image on the screen was choppy at best. This camera was a gift for the 8 year old and wow what a piece of garbage.