Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vivitar 4337W 0.43X 37mm Wide-Angle Lens
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on October 16, 2012
"Wow" is the only word I can say. I would have not even bothered with this lens if it didn't have a lot of favorable reviews. Is it perfect? No, but for $15 its a great investment for your HD camcorder if you need to get a little more into your close up shots. I do a lot of filming of radio controlled cars and aircraft, but also a lot of indoor close up shots and this lens shines. The picture quality seems like it goes down only a little teeeeny tiny bit. But I have used other cheap lenses that cost more and seem like they have plastic optics recycled from old milk jugs!

One other complaint I have is that the picture of this product is NOT what arrived. Its actually WAY WAY better. :) Its black, so it doesn't match the silver body of my trusty old Canon Vixia HF100. But most of the modern Canon's are balck so it should match that well. Its has a nice rubber ring around the middle to help when getting it snug on the accessory/filter ring and has "Vivitar" embossed on it. The lens is also not nearly as wide as the generic lens in the picture for this product. It looks like it shouldn't get in the way of the built in camera light on my HF100 and I think the Focus AF element will also work.

One other thing, I thought .44x would be wider than the old .65x that I had for my camcorder a year or so ago, but it "seems" like its not as wide. But thats OK, it gets me what I need. It also comes with a nice little soft pouch to store the lens in. I will be keeping an eye out for other Vivitar products going forward for budget optics.

Bottom line: This is possibly the BEST wide lens you can get for $15 bucks. Are there better lenses for more money, most definitely, but if you wanna get a little cheapie lens that gets the job done, this is the one. While its not a PERFECT lens, it gets 5 stars for being the most amazing $15 lens I have ever purchased.
on March 14, 2012
I was very wary of ordering when I saw the price on this lens but I'm glad I ordered. I bought it for my Canon Vixia HM30 and I love it. I don't have any of the black border problems I've seen people complaining about with other lenses. Both the Marco and the wide angle work perfectly. It can take about half a second to focus if you're zooming in a lot but there's no distortion and it really looks great. I'm happy I gave it a shot. Love it.
on March 15, 2013
I use this on a Canon HF100. There is no vignetting or dark corners for me and I haven't noticed any loss of picture quality. It's great to have so much more landscape in the picture frame! I took sample videos under different lighting conditions and situations and I've been very happy with the results.

I think this lens provides great bang for the buck and I would definitely recommend it to anybody who is looking for a wide angle lens for their camcorder.
on May 25, 2011
Love the lens, though on my Canon HG-20, when I'm completely wide, I can see a little bit of the edge if the lens encroaching in the bottom corners. In fairness, I have purchased three different wide angle adapter, and this one is the least intrusive. Incredible price!
on October 14, 2013
Lens has not lived up to my expectations. First of all is the presence of strong vignetting. In addition, visible chromatic aberration. Used in conjunction with a video comcorder Canon Legria HF M31. I will sell it. Maybe someone will suit better.
on March 17, 2013
It didn't meet the needs for us. We tired to get different ones but they didn't work. We need a different kind.