Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on December 5, 2012
Ok, so it definitely isn't for someone that is wanting a high quality picture and probably wouldn't be any good for filming sporting events or plays, but for an 8-13 year old that is just starting to experiment with making their own videos, it's great. The price is low and that makes it easy to hand it over to those who aren't so easy on their things, and it's small, so it works great in smaller hands. We bought it as a birthday gift for our 10 year old, who just started to make his own videos and he loves it.
0Comment| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2013
Its an awesome camera and my daughter loves it. Its has a lot of features that some cameras in this price range don't have.
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2012
On Christmas day 2011 I ordered the Vivitar DGTL Video Recorder DGTL Video Recorder with one of the Amazon Gift Cards I had just received. I wanted to photograph a video of the H.O. Gauge Train Layout I was building to show to some friends & relatives. It's small, easy to use, and the instructions were pretty clear & simple. I was using it a few minutes after unpacking it. It was worth much more than the $49.95 price I paid for it, but the quality was less than I had hoped for when photographing small objects close-up. It Is rated as "Hi-Def" but as with digital still cameras, the megapixels are not as important as the optics. A Hi-Def camera with lesser optics does not really produce a Hi-Def video. If you want an example of the quality, go to YouTube and search for Trains as of 12-29-2011.mp4 which was recorded with this recorder.
Wanting better detail and quality, I then ordered a Panasonic Video Recorder Panasonic HDC-TM90K 3D Compatible Camcorder with 16GB Internal Flash Memory (Black) which is a much more expensive recorder, but gives much better detail. Examples of the Panasonic recorder can be found by going to YouTube and searching for HO Train Layout.m2ts You can see other examples of the Panasonics work by going to YouTube and typing Paulietree1 in the search box at the top of the page.
As you might guess, the quality of a video recorder varies with the price. If you want really good, clear video you're going to have to spend a few hundred dollars. If the quality you saw in the first video I listed is acceptable, you cannot beat the Vivitar DGTL Video Recorder for the price.
44 comments| 192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2012
If you keep the focus on nearly full-wide (which is really a 'normal' viewing aspect and is not Wide by any means, you get a decent picture. Once you try zooming-in, it gets all pixelated. (Must be a digital zoom...not an optical zoom). And' I'd suggest leaving the meter set to 'multi' as opposed to 'center' as it will react more accurately to changing light and half-light half-shadow areas. My guess however is that it isn't above the quality of a good cell phone video. But it looks nice with the flip out screen. (And it IS small). And it's nice to have Alkaline batteries as the power source instead of a built in rechargable. A quick change of batteries keeps you in business...and alkalines don't loose power sitting around for weeks in the unit like a rechargeable built-in would. The nicest part is the SD card (at extra cost) which you can quickly remove, stick it in your computer's ard slot, and have the computer's media player show the footage ASAP (besides seeing it on the built-in camera screen, of course). It comes with software for editing and sharing but I doubt I'll need it.
on June 15, 2013
I bought one for myself, loved it, so bought four more for the grandkids and my sister.

It's light, compact, easy, to operate and a fun little camera at a good price.

I really love that it fits in your pocket.

When I say it is light, I mean the three AAA batteries it requires weigh more than the camera itself. The flip-out screen is sharp and clear and the controls are easy to get used to. I gave one to my 55 year-old sister just loves the one I gave her.
on January 11, 2013
my 10 year old loves making movies and taking pictures of her sisters its alot of fun for them to put thier own movies on computer
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2013
I bought this on a whim. I was Skyping with a friend in Japan, and we got to talking about video cameras, So I checked Amazon -- saw a Vivitar (love & trust their lenses) and they had seven cameras left at under $30. For that price -- grabbed one.

Turns out the three AAA batteries required weigh more than the camera, and the camera is smaller than my Sony.

You have zoom, view screen and all the goodies necessary to get that video -- without having to carry anything heavy or cumbersome. Liked it so much I was telling a friend about it, and, as there were more available, he immediately grabbed one to take to a Rebba concert he's going to in late April 2013.

Because it is so small, the setup buttons are a pain ... but the light weight and everything else about it, combined with a cost that is less than eating out at the neighborhood restaurant ... this is something worth considering. There may be a downside, but I haven't found it yet.
on November 14, 2012
Don't get excited about the claim that this records in "HD." It does not. I don't know how they could swing putting that in the product information. It's terrible quality, both audio and video, but it's cheap, so if you don't mind the bad quality go for it. If you expect better quality, you're gonna have to drop more cash. I learned the hard way.
on June 16, 2016
Got the camera and it didn't even work from the get go. I made sure the batteries were correctly inserted, and it was a brand new package of batteries, so they weren't dead. Honestly, even taking the camera out of the package you can tell the quality is terrible. You really get what you pay for!
on November 15, 2015
You are awesome. I have tried for months to get my husband a camcorder that he can use for his studio. Neither of us know anything about camcorders, however, I have been trying to order him one. I would either get the cord but I would never get the camcorder. I have always had great experiences working with Amazon. You have high quality things for the cheapest prices and they are well worth the money. I had given up because of the limited funds and getting things from other places rather than Amazon. Amazon saved the day. They made sure my money was back on my card so I could purchase more things without having to wait. They made an executive decision to send me a camcorder that they knew about and it had the sim card, cord, and everything my husband needed. He saw the truck drive up and deliver the package on SUNDAY. When we checked out the package we were like two children on Christmas morning. Amazon I cannot thank you enough. You brought every thing together for us when we didn't know what we wanted. We will be singing your praises from now on. Thank you Thank you and Thank you.