Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 28, 2012
First of all, I had to return the first one of these cameras since when I first turned it on, I received nothing but ERROR messages. The second one started up okay, and allowed me to input the time/date and was ready to go. The problem? Not so much the camera, but the ease of use (or should I say, LACK of ease). You get precious few control buttons that control multiple functions. This would simplify the camera IF THE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET CONTAINED ACTUAL INFORMATION. You get nothing - less than even the most basic instructions on how to operate the camera. For example, the camera is a 7.1 megapixel. Yet when you first start it is set on the lowest (3 MP) setting. So just change it? Good luck with that. Nothing in the 'instruction' booklet tells you how to do this (or much else apart from turning the thing on). I guess you have to discover the camera's full potential by trial and error...a lot of error. The menu screen is damn near impossible to navigate and the unit eats the AAA batteries it runs on. Spare yourself a lot of misery...buy another camera.
on April 5, 2015
========================================
#1 reason for wanting this camera: You don't want other people handling your expensive phone, to take pictures.
#1 reason for NOT wanting this camera: You want something better than your cheap phone, to take pictures.
========================================
If the first reason applies to you, this is what you're looking for.

What you get is circa 2004 technology; equivalent to what you'd expect on a low end Android phone today. If you keep this in mind, then $20 isn't bad for what you are getting.

Likes:
1. Easy access to the SD card.
2. Easy to use.

Dislikes:
1. Camera body has a "fragile feeling" about it. I strongly recommend installing & using that wrist strap.
2. Battery compartment has no polarity markings.
on May 19, 2015
The camera takes great pictures! It's the photographer that needs practice! Seriously tho...it is a great camera for me since I will never be a super picture taker. It's easy to use and I will have photo memories for a long time. I do wish there had been more easy-to-understand directions in the package+, but I am managing to fumble thru and decipher those that came with the package.
on October 16, 2013
This is the WORST camera I have ever tried!! I WISH ZERO stars were possible... WHY force someone to give 1 star to something that never even worked... not even for 10 seconds?!

One of my kiddos received this as a gift, but they didn't actually physically receive it until 1 1/2 YEARS after it was purchased for them, so no recourse for the thing being BROKEN right out of the package.

What a JOKE!!

For starters no clue is given as to which way to put the batteries in... so after 5 minutes of flipping them into several combos, I put 3 fresh batteries in & it started up... great, or so I thought. It prompted me to enter the "language". It's already set to English, but it would NOT allow me to hit "set" to accept that and I can't even get the thing to take 1 picture. I tried 2 sets of batteries... I even tried 2 different brands & 2 different types... rechargeable VS standard... NADA, nothing!!

So I decided to go to Google to see what I could find. Much to my dismay (((sarcasm here))) it is a piece of garbage camera. After I let my child try it herself (just so she sees it came BROKEN), which she will be VERY disappointed after, I will be throwing it into the garbage. Thank you for crushing my kid's heart, Vivitar!!

RUN AWAY from this joke of a camera... I would never buy a Vivitar anything after receiving this "gift"!! In this case it truly was the thought that counted, because the camera isn't even worth a penny... piece of JUNK!!
on July 8, 2015
This camera does not work the battery door does not shut down tight too maintain contact
the camera will not work .
had to go Walmart too get a new one an it works
Perfectly.
So you say I am pissed with camera
on July 26, 2013
It took time to get used to the distances and focus because it is slightly blurry. But, it still took some clear and beautiful pictures, at somewhat different distances than the instructions stated. The price fits me and I like it for my casual spare or kid's camping trips.
on November 17, 2014
Got it with No instrutions at all, and no disc to download picture's to comp., and after finding instruction's it wouldn't work,, and it already was to much for shipping and not worth spening more to ship it back,,, ( Whish I could send a photo ) Just a Bad DEAL,,,
on June 15, 2015
This was a gift for a friend. She came to town and forgot her camera, as always turned to Amazon! She loved it
on February 25, 2015
didnt work from day one. wont charge, or play. straight junk. thank gawd I bought the two year warranty.
on January 4, 2015
Husband loved his anniversary gift.
Handy size fits well in shirt pocket.