Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Style: Camera Only|Change

on June 3, 2012
I got this on clearance for $15 (50% off), which undoubtedly speaks volumes right there. To make a long story short, it's good for taking really quick video like, "Hey guys, this is my new cat!" If you're looking for anything archival, look a little harder. Even in a well-lit room, it doesn't pick up light very well, and even with three brand new AAA batteries I only got about five seconds of video before it said it wanted new batteries. (To be fair, they're rechargeables, so I don't know if that's a factor since all I have are rechargeables.)

But it's cheap, in EVERY sense of the word, so what do you want. If you want something that lasts, look for something with an optional POWER CABLE at the very least, or you'll be feeding the battery monster for not much return on your investment.
11 comment|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2012
Not worth the money if it doesn't work. We returned it and still waiting for replacement...three months and counting. So much for costomer support Vivitar :(
on April 5, 2013
This camera is cheap for a reason, reminds me of a toy. batteries die within what seems like minutes. i'm just going to throw it away, I don't want another one.
11 comment|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2014
I bought this for my daughter. When we got it, she opened it, put in batteries, memory card and it worked fine. After a few minutes, it would freeze the screen and you could not turn it off. You would have to pull out one of the batteries and put it back in. Although the camera has zoom in/out buttons, they do not work. It does not playback, ether. It also takes a while to turn on. You can press the button 9 times, but it still won't turn on. Only runs for 4 minutes, then screen freezes and does not recover the video. Very disappointed.
on February 11, 2014
I use this Camcorder to tape tennis matches so I can watch them later and see what I need to work on. It is inexpensive, good quality for the price, and gets the job done. Easy to work with on the computer. I would recommend people using this for simple purposes such as this.
on May 17, 2014
The batteries die within 10 minutes. You can only take 4 minutes of film and like 80 pictures. It's a terrible buy.
on February 22, 2015
This was a waste of money. It's made out of cheap materials, lightweight, and even felt cheap when held in the hand. I would've overlooked all of that since it was a camera for my 10-year-old as long as it worked. It didn't. The buttons were the problem and didn't work at all, so I have no idea what the quality of the videos would've been or how long the batteries would last. I returned it for a refund.
on June 15, 2014
Aweful camera. Dont buy one...the quality is horrific, and the camera is a cheap piece of junk. Dont waste your money
on November 21, 2015
It's kinda of cheap feeling, but seriously for the price what did you think you were getting? Not to sure about the picture quality either, but again price vs quality? I didn't buy this for my, I bought this for my toddler who is always trying to play with my much more expensive one, and so far it has worked out great. She enjoys "being like mommy" and its a great hand eye coordination tool. So for the price, this was exactly what I wanted. However if you want good quality video and something that is bigger than the palm of your hand, you should spend the money for a good one. All in all I actually really like it for my daughter and she loves it, so all is right in her world. Plus side it comes with all its cables so you can show everyone what shes videoed, does not come with batteries, takes 4 AAA's, or a SD card.
on June 3, 2015
i got this for my 10yr old future movie maker. He loves it. I just wish it came with the batteries. I didnt have any and he had to wait until i could get some. I will buy from this seller again