Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals BestoftheYear Outdoor Deals on Tikes

on November 14, 2012
Body looks like it's made of aluminum but is really flimsy plastic. Memory card wouldn't go in all the way. Pushed it in as far as it would go but camera kept saying "no card". After some wiggling I finally got it to go in all the way. Then the camera wouldn't turn on at all. Also, once in, I couldn't get the card out. Had to grab with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull hard. Took it back to the store.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2013
before one year it began to give "no card" error. Card is OK (computer sees it). Don't purchase this camera. Image quality is less than good
on April 28, 2015
Ive had this for a few weeks now,finally got around to putting batteries in & an SD card in.I only put a 4gb card in to test it out for now.Installed the software on my computer,no problem there,took a ten second video of the front yard,camper,garage.Looked good on the player,then I uploaded to the computer.With all the bad reviews,I was expecting nothing really,only paid $11 on ebay.But it actually looked good on the computer.My only complaint so far would be that you better have a steady hand because it is very shaky & sensitive.Only time will tell how long this thing will last.I only got it to play around with,def not a high end camcorder.The built in usb connector is handy,just plugs right into the computer.Ill update this if like other reviewers have said about blue fuzzy lines & what not.*UPDATE*,okay,ive had the camer now for awhile,used it to do a short vid of the inside of my truck camper.uploaded it to you tube,their software cleaned it up for me & made it less shaky.As others have said,it will get the job done,but it really is very basic,not great vid quality,but u can see whats going on.To me its just a toy,I wouldn't use it for anything really important.
on January 3, 2013
As soon as I took it out of the package I could tell it was flimsy plastic. The battery door nearly broke just putting in the first set of batteries. The seams where the housing comes together look and feel like it could break at any moment. The card went in fine though. There is no lens shield for when you are not using the camera. The picture on the screen looks like blue fuzz, you can barely make out what you're looking at. When I tried to install the CD it would not work. It took forever to download the driver and when done, it did nothing. The computer would not recognize the file on the card so I had to use the USB adapter and plug the camera straight into the computer. I had to prop up the camera since the weight alone of the camera was enough to break the USB adapter. I played the video that I took and it was horrible; blue fuzz with pink streaks running through the screen. There is nothing "HD" about this camera. Do not waist your time or gas with this piece of junk. Heading to take it back right now.
on August 31, 2015
These cameras are as advertised. They work well, but the pix & video are fairly low quality. I bought these for a wedding for guests to capture their candid moments and they worked great. I had none of the problems earlier described: Turned on fine, easy set up, no SD card problems. Most of all, after multiple problems with the seller ThinkFast, this seller got it right and on time! Avoid the seller ThinkFast at all costs!!
on December 9, 2014
Very Inferior product. The power button used to turn it on is defected, due to the fact that the power on this product last only a few minutes. Plus, the instructions are very general and very vague, which doesn't tell you how to operate it properly. This product needs to be taken off the market immediately.
on August 22, 2013
this camera has bad mega pixals if i where you i wouldnt get this camera i would get the hd
on that has the 3d to i might get that camera next im a big fan of the vivitar but im just not loving this camera another reason is that is you need to be in alot of light to take a good picture or video
on February 7, 2013
I bought this little red camcorder as a present for my daughter. I was initially surprised by the price, but then though about the fact that I had a Flip Video camera back when those were new and that was several years ago, plus cameras are now integrated into mobile phone so it seemed reasonable that the cost for just the camera components could be had for $30. The brand name Vivitar sealed the deal for me, surely they wouldn't manufacture (or slap their name on) a crummy product, would they?
Apparently they would. As others have pointed out, the light, thin plastic feels so cheap I was afraid I would break it just trying to put in the SD card. But I would have been able to live with that given a decent video quality. The packaging says HD, so that means at least 720p (1280x720). Well maybe it technically is, but the video was terribly grainy; I was amazed at how bad it was. Even after trying to adjust settings or moving outside into direct sunlight the video turned out blurry and grainy, worse that my first cell phone camera with 640x480 resolution. DO NOT BUY, or if you got suckered like I did, return it immediately. Vivitar, you disappoint me greatly.
on March 1, 2013
For the price its great, i got it at wal-mart and forgave its minor flaws due to price. it gets the job done and works great.
on January 14, 2014
love it, looks great, works great, great, great, great buy and my nephew loves, loves, loves it and he is sooting everithing now