Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Vivitar DVR810HD 8.1MP Digital Video Camera, Styles/Colors May Vary
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Color: Black|Change

on December 25, 2013
Where to begin. Lets start with turning this unit on. It requires 4 AAA batteries which will provide about 6 minutes of run time and then the batteries are dead. This camera went through two sets of NEW AAA batteries in less than 15 minutes. Once the unit is turned on, it has to be setup (language, date time, video posting site (Facebook etc..). Unfortunately it has no built in setup memory so it has to be setup every time you turn it on. The image quality is so poor when set to its highest setting that is basically just a power hungry webcam with a battery. You'll need several hundred watts of light in order to capture any video images with this camera as it is useless indoors. It's anti-vibration.feature is non existent as any videos it produces appear to have been made during an earthquake. Rather than spending any money on this video camera you'd be better off throwing the money out the window of a speeding car. I'd recommend saving the money and putting it towards the cost of a real camera and skipping this stinker all together.
44 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2011
I've only had it for a week, so the jury is still out. On the good side, this allowed me to record for 1.5 hours without interruption. Also, although specs say up to 8GB flash drive, I used a 16GB with no problems. The camera also has a quick tripod release that makes battery changing easy. ALL OF THESE THINGS WERE GREAT. One set of four AAA batteries lasted me 2 hours. This does NOT have a rechargeable battery, so figure that into your long-term cost. On the negative side, I bought this so I would have a continual sound track while splicing in clips (using iMovie) taken with my other digital camera. The microphone on this camera is nearly worthless IMHO. The sound quality of a simple digital camera was far superior. Overall, I think I will be able to work around the sound problem because my particular application has a sound track available that can be merged with iMovie, but the microphone quality was a bit of a disappointment.
on January 14, 2014
I purchased this camera for my 11 yo daughter. It is good for what she is doing (i.e. video diary). You will need to purchase a memory card (8 GB or higher) because the camera has 4 secs of memory without it. Also does not have a light so you have to video in very good lighting or use only natural light.
on September 30, 2014
This is great little video camera and at first I thought I would regret buying this product. But actually no!
It records at a nice crisp resolution which looks very nice on a 1080p monitor. Great product and it's so CHEAP. Recommended
on October 4, 2014
Bought this for my 14 year old soon as a good startout camera, he now uses it daily to take pictures and to make VLOGS, he enjoys it and the camera has really good quality.
on October 4, 2014
I liked this camera. Have a bunch of family memories recorded by this camera. Love how cheap this one is compared to many others out there. I'm actually going to buy another one as backup since it's so useful.
on February 25, 2013
Bought this for my Mom - and it's easy to use, no charging required, very handy and sturdy as well
on January 8, 2015
Honestly, a mobile phone camera is probably better quality than this product, but I didn't purchase this for myself. I purchased it for my 9 year old son. It makes a fun device for the kids to record themselves and keeps them off of my cell phone :)
on December 25, 2015
Description was misleading...had a selection of colors which were grape and strawberry but which ever one you select, it shows the pic for the other color. When item arrived, it was black :( but description said colors may vary. It shouldn't give the option to choose color. But overall, item is good but buy SD card immediately or no memory.
on July 23, 2014
1st one did not work, sent it back. Second one arrived does not work either. It was only $25 didn't expect much but would of liked it to do the basic things like "WORK" oh well now I have a purple paper weight.